Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
Amazon UK - received a Phantom 3 Standard instead of Mavic?
12Next >
3607 71 2016-12-19
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
pjnorris
lvl.2

United Kingdom

I'm one of a few members on this forum who received in the post last week our long delayed Mavic Pro order from Amazon UK.

We all received Phantom 3 standards instead of our Mavic Pro Fly More package. Amazon issued return labels and processed the refund but as the product is now 'unavailable' they can't do anything more for us, and that's the end of it. Months wasted.

For me - I have to order through DJI directly now which is costing £100+ more.

If you have received something different - specifically a Phantom 3, please reply to this thread. I'm putting together the facts and want to see how widespread this got. I have already written to BBC Watchdog about this, but I'm also writing a letter of complaint to Amazon UK and may consider sharing with other media outlets.

Thanks - Paul.
2016-12-19
Use props
BlueThunder71
lvl.2
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Yup, me too. Phantom 3 standard received after waiting 2 months for a Fly More combo.
2016-12-19
Use props
nelsfly16
lvl.2

United Kingdom

Hi I received just the fly more package but no drone! I had been waiting since october 9th and i wish i had ordered through jessops now or apple as they don't send out dronesless packages!
2016-12-19
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
Flight distance : 7 ft
  • >>>

I'm sorry for your unpleasant experience, Paul. Could you please provide me with the link of Amazon store and your order number?
2016-12-19
Use props
nelsfly16
lvl.2

United Kingdom

DJI Mindy Posted at 2016-12-19 10:54
I'm sorry for your unpleasant experience, Paul. Could you please provide me with the link of Amazon store and your order number?

Hi Mindy I also purchased a mavic pro combo bundle and only received the fly more combo set my order number from amazon is ORDER # 203-8251755-2304312 and the order was placed on the 6th of October amazon.co.uk

https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/prod ... 0?ie=UTF8&psc=1
2016-12-19
Use props
Harbourside
Second Officer
Flight distance : 6467 ft
United Kingdom

You each need to add who it was despatched and sold by, 3rd party seller details will help anyone else in a similar situation.
I would guess that none of these orders are from DJI direct on Amazon.
2016-12-19
Use props
nelsfly16
lvl.2

United Kingdom

Harbourside Posted at 2016-12-19 12:34
You each need to add who it was despatched and sold by, 3rd party seller details will help anyone else in a similar situation.
I would guess that none of these orders are from DJI direct on Amazon.

it was sold by amazon.co.uk not a third party seller
2016-12-19
Use props
Harbourside
Second Officer
United Kingdom

nelsfly16 Posted at 2016-12-19 12:37
it was sold by amazon.co.uk not a third party seller

I only ask as most of the questions and answers on that page list sales2enjoy or TechTrialUKLtd as the seller.
They are what we call 3rd party sellers.
Unless it says fulfilled and despatched by Amazon then you are buying from a other dealer.
2016-12-19
Use props
nelsfly16
lvl.2

United Kingdom

Harbourside Posted at 2016-12-19 13:03
I only ask as most of the questions and answers on that page list sales2enjoy or TechTrialUKLtd as the seller.
They are what we call 3rd party sellers.
Unless it says fulfilled and despatched by Amazon then you are buying from a other dealer.

oh right, it was fulfilled by amazon,
2016-12-19
Use props
Harbourside
Second Officer
United Kingdom

nelsfly16 Posted at 2016-12-19 13:07
oh right, it was fulfilled by amazon,

OK, from the Amazon FAQ....

About Fulfilled by Amazon
Items "Fulfilled by Amazon" are sold by a third party Seller, but dispatched to you from an Amazon Fulfilment Centre.
in Dispatch & Delivery › 
2016-12-19
Use props
nelsfly16
lvl.2

United Kingdom

Screen Shot 2016-12-19 at 13.1 ...
thats what it says on my order
RenderedContent-FEA15C5D-A20C-4406-BB4A-D3FEF1B4F1B5.JPG
Screen Shot 2016-12-19 at 13.14.24.png
Screen Shot 2016-12-19 at 13.14.24.png
2016-12-19
Use props
Harbourside
Second Officer
United Kingdom

Ok thanks for clearing that up, it does look like Amazon have made an error.
At least they will refund you, but it sucks to go back to the end of the queue.
I ordered mine direct from DJI and have had it for over 2 weeks, its worth the wait
2016-12-19
Use props
nelsfly16
lvl.2

United Kingdom

Harbourside Posted at 2016-12-19 13:29
Ok thanks for clearing that up, it does look like Amazon have made an error.
At least they will refund you, but it sucks to go back to the end of the queue.
I ordered mine direct from DJI and have had it for over 2 weeks, its worth the wait

not worth 4 months wait though lol no only joking but amazon have clearly messed this up big time! unlike them!!
2016-12-19
Use props
BlueThunder71
lvl.2
  • >>>
United Kingdom

I've been chasing this all morning. When I asked for my order to be recreated and put on a waiting list I was told "the remaining stock has been sold and we are waiting ourselves for a new batch to come in.There actually is no waiting list at present".

To be fair, Amazon has been pretty apologetic but can't really do anything for me but advise me to sign up for a stock alert. Looks like I'm fighting a losing battle here.
This has happened to a number of people - See this thread:
https://www.amazon.co.uk/review/ ... hoto#wasThisHelpful
2016-12-19
Use props
BlueThunder71
lvl.2
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Mindy, I'm not sure if PMs work, but let me know if you require my details too. Many thanks. Incidentally, I've now placed an order with you guys as Amazon won't let me place one.
2016-12-19
Use props
staffsarge
lvl.2
United Kingdom

That's quite poor on Amazon's behalf....  So you waited, they sent you the wrong thing and now you're to the back of the queue?
2016-12-19
Use props
golden_blunder
lvl.2

Ireland

that's a good delay tactic by Amazon right there
2016-12-19
Use props
pjnorris
lvl.2

United Kingdom

ORDER # 204-9146059-3165168 on Amazon.co.uk - Amazon don't want to do anything to do with this now. I have placed another order on your DJI website but have 4-6 week delay on that now.
2016-12-19
Use props
BlueThunder71
lvl.2
  • >>>
United Kingdom

staffsarge Posted at 2016-12-19 15:44
That's quite poor on Amazon's behalf....  So you waited, they sent you the wrong thing and now you're to the back of the queue?

We aren't even in the queue - They wont take an order.
Paul - Did you get my PM? I sent one to you and Mindy.
2016-12-19
Use props
Bax
lvl.4
Flight distance : 749413 ft
Australia

Sorry to hear guys, we have all had saga, but this sounds like a very raw deal.

Feel bad for you all, if anyone in Brisbane Aus, PM I'm sure we can catch up and you can test mine.

Sorry, bad scenario
2016-12-19
Use props
nelsfly16
lvl.2

United Kingdom

pjnorris Posted at 2016-12-19 15:52
ORDER # 204-9146059-3165168 on Amazon.co.uk - Amazon don't want to do anything to do with this now. I have placed another order on your DJI website but have 4-6 week delay on that now.

I've done the same thing, not only have i had to pay more, but lost all my confidence in amazon !
2016-12-19
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
  • >>>

pjnorris Posted at 2016-12-19 23:52

Could you please provide the exact link where you purchase the drone?
2016-12-19
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
  • >>>

BlueThunder71 Posted at 2016-12-19 23:59
We aren't even in the queue - They wont take an order.
Paul - Did you get my PM? I sent one to you and Mindy.

Yes, get that. And I have replied you.
Please provide the exact link and your order number.
2016-12-19
Use props
philjory
lvl.3
United Kingdom

The same happened to me , I think it's some sort of a con
2016-12-19
Use props
DRONE-flies-YOU
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1450594 ft
United States

I'm in the US and this exact thing didn't happen to me, BUT Amazon has been operating like crap for a few months now...

I ordered a high-grade Samsung 4k from Amazon & they sent me a low-grade 1080 & 1 inch smaller & ALMOST the same model number instead.  Like I might not notice or something.  OR, like you guys 'might' not know the difference or how TO SPELL Phantom and Mavic.   

Bait & switch and then poor customer service, was my experience from "Shipped by and fulfilled by Amazon, LLC."  I've been using Amazon since 2001 and it's usually great.  

*BTW, I also ordered 2 more Fire TVs in that same Samsung 4k order.  BOTH Fire TVs were junk - something was clearly wrong with the video card/hardware.  And that was after the constant freezing during setup.  Had to keep unplugging just to advance... And then again, India Amazon support said sorry, refund MINUS shipping charges, no longer honor Black Friday pricing (same with TV)!!!
2016-12-19
Use props
BlueThunder71
lvl.2
  • >>>
United Kingdom

More people have appeared on the link I posted above to complain about this (and the fact their Amazon reviews like mine were never posted despite being polite). I'm beginning to think this was a deliberate action to clear out pre-orders, rather than an individual running some profit scam.
2016-12-20
Use props
BlueThunder71
lvl.2
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Guys, I'd advise you to call Maplin IMMEDIATELY!
2016-12-20
Use props
pjnorris
lvl.2

United Kingdom

DJI Mindy Posted at 2016-12-20 06:31
Could you please provide the exact link where you purchase the drone?

https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/prod ... 0?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Sorry Mindy.
2016-12-20
Use props
gkordowski
lvl.4
Flight distance : 798360 ft
  • >>>
Jersey

I ordered Fly More Combo - from Amazon.co.uk (not 3rd party seller) - I've received only the drone.
It looks like they behave like Jesus (multiplying the bread) - splitting Fly More Combo into separate boxes and selling everything as Mavic (maybe someone is working for the yearly bonus).
Fortunately, I've received a partial refund (£312) - so I've ordered some "FMC" parts somewhere else.
2016-12-20
Use props
nelsfly16
lvl.2

United Kingdom

DJI Mindy Posted at 2016-12-20 06:34
Yes, get that. And I have replied you.
Please provide the exact link and your order number.

DJI Mindy can you help me with this as well i have sent you a pm! Thanks
2016-12-20
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
  • >>>

pjnorris Posted at 2016-12-20 20:49
https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B01LY38V90/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o00_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Sorry Mindy.

Hi pjnorris, thank you for your information.
One more thing, could you please provide me with your aircraft SN to confirm?
2016-12-20
Use props
badomens
lvl.2
Flight distance : 147507 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

nelsfly16 The exact same thing has happened to me as . I receive the combo accessories yesterday.... without the drone, or bag....  I've contacted them to ask where the rest of the stuff is.... they say they're investigating.... but so far they have heavily pushed to give me a refund...  AFAIK DJI don't sell this accessories pack separately.... so it feels to me they've actually split up a "fly more" pack and sent the drone to one person, and the accessories to someone (me) else.
2016-12-20
Use props
BlueThunder71
lvl.2
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Mindy, I've just been speaking to Amazon chat to get the serial number- No luck. They maintain they can't get it when the item arrives back! I said they must have a note of the serial number when they send an item out, but they maintain they don't (or at least won't give it to me). I'm now chasing this issue up the chain. Someone must know it surely.
2016-12-21
Use props
GarethIwanJones
lvl.1

United Kingdom

gkordowski Posted at 2016-12-20 13:54
I ordered Fly More Combo - from Amazon.co.uk (not 3rd party seller) - I've received only the drone.
It looks like they behave like Jesus (multiplying the bread) - splitting Fly More Combo into separate boxes and selling everything as Mavic (maybe someone is working for the yearly bonus).
Fortunately, I've received a partial refund (£312) - so I've ordered some "FMC" parts somewhere else.

£312! The buggers told me the max they would partial refund was £249. I had exactly the same issue, ordered the 'fly more' just go the drone. Amzazn.co.uk have really ballsed up with the Mavics.
2016-12-21
Use props
gkordowski
lvl.4
Flight distance : 798360 ft
  • >>>
Jersey

GarethIwanJones Posted at 2016-12-21 10:34
£312! The buggers told me the max they would partial refund was £249. I had exactly the same issue, ordered the 'fly more' just go the drone. Amzazn.co.uk have really ballsed up with the Mavics.

They offered me £249 in the first place, but I was arguing that it can't be only the difference in price (between FMC and Drone) - as I can't buy all those parts for £249 (it was in a combo to buy everything cheaper than buying it separately), so after long discussion with supervisor - they finally offered me £312.
2016-12-21
Use props
nelsfly16
lvl.2

United Kingdom

badomens Posted at 2016-12-21 07:43
nelsfly16 The exact same thing has happened to me as . I receive the combo accessories yesterday.... without the drone, or bag....  I've contacted them to ask where the rest of the stuff is.... they say they're investigating.... but so far they have heavily pushed to give me a refund...  AFAIK DJI don't sell this accessories pack separately.... so it feels to me they've actually split up a "fly more" pack and sent the drone to one person, and the accessories to someone (me) else.

its shocking, i feel angry but I've spoken to every everyone and all they can suggest is to get a refund from amazon, trading standards even said you can only get a refund, its just annoying when i could of ordered though dji just didn't want to get charged until it got dispatched!
2016-12-21
Use props
nelsfly16
lvl.2

United Kingdom

BlueThunder71 Posted at 2016-12-21 09:27
Mindy, I've just been speaking to Amazon chat to get the serial number- No luck. They maintain they can't get it when the item arrives back! I said they must have a note of the serial number when they send an item out, but they maintain they don't (or at least won't give it to me). I'm now chasing this issue up the chain. Someone must know it surely.

Amazon wont get back to you regarding this issue I'm in the same boat now they have refunded me and I'm no longer in the queue! shocking behaviour!
2016-12-21
Use props
pjnorris
lvl.2

United Kingdom

DJI Mindy Posted at 2016-12-21 02:28
Hi pjnorris, thank you for your information.
One more thing, could you please provide me with your aircraft SN to confirm?

Hi Mindy, as I was fighting back the tears after opening the box, I never removed the Phamtom 3 Standard drone from it's box or packaging. I merely resealed the box and called Amazon UK to complain - and got nowhere. The drone was sent back to Amazon and received the full refund. I have no record of the serial number they shipped me - just a photo.
Please may I ask what your intentions are here? Are you looking to send me a drone asap, or resolve this with Amazon? I've placed an order elsewhere. PM me if you want.

IMG_0631 (1).jpg

2016-12-21
Use props
nelsfly16
lvl.2

United Kingdom

pjnorris Posted at 2016-12-21 16:06
Hi Mindy, as I was fighting back the tears after opening the box, I never removed the Phamtom 3 Standard drone from it's box or packaging. I merely resealed the box and called Amazon UK to complain - and got nowhere. The drone was sent back to Amazon and received the full refund. I have no record of the serial number they shipped me - just a photo.
Please may I ask what your intentions are here? Are you looking to send me a drone asap, or resolve this with Amazon? I've placed an order elsewhere. PM me if you want.

best thing here its not even a p4 the same value as the mavic its a phantom 3 standard RRP £400 thats a joke!
2016-12-21
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
  • >>>

pjnorris Posted at 2016-12-22 00:06

We had figured out one of the seller but not sure if it's the same as yours.
That's the reason why we need the SN.
Thank you for all the information you provided.
2016-12-21
Use props
12Next >
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules