Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
DJI Focus Motor not turning on
9448 15 2016-12-19
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
pfrnak.
New

Austria

My DJI Focus was working fine, but suddenly after a lense swap the motor wasn't working anymore.

To be specific: Usually as soon as the motor is connected to a power supply the LED starts flashing. This is not the case anymore.
I tried both lemo ports with 3 different P-Tap Cables (yes, I checked that it was connected correctly), 2 different V-Mount Batteries, and a Ronin. I also connected the motor via the data cable to the hand unit, but still nothing.

The Hand unit can't find the motor, regardless if connected with the data cable or not, connecting to the computer also didn't work.
No I didn't drop the motor, I didn't submerge it in water and I didn't try to light it on fire... ;)

Does anybody have a solution?

2016-12-19
Use props
DJI-Jamie
DJI team
Flight distance : 112405 ft
United States

Could you happen to provide a short video of how it's behaving? Have you tried connecting to the motor directly to the Focus RC to see if it acts differently?
2016-12-19
Use props
pfrnak.
New

Austria

DJI-Jamie Posted at 2016-12-20 00:33
Could you happen to provide a short video of how it's behaving? Have you tried connecting to the motor directly to the Focus RC to see if it acts differently?

Yes I have, as shown in the video:

2016-12-19
Use props
DJI-Jamie
DJI team
United States

pfrnak. Posted at 2016-12-20 10:26

It looks like the power converter is no longer working, this would require for the unit to be sent in for either repair or replacement? Just to clarify how long have you had this accessory?
2016-12-20
Use props
pfrnak.
New

Austria

DJI-Jamie Posted at 2016-12-21 00:32
It looks like the power converter is no longer working, this would require for the unit to be sent in for either repair or replacement? Just to clarify how long have you had this accessory?

I purchased it mid jan 2016. So it still should be under warranty...
But still annoying...
2016-12-23
Use props
DJI-Jamie
DJI team
United States

pfrnak. Posted at 2016-12-23 20:38
I purchased it mid jan 2016. So it still should be under warranty...
But still annoying...

I completely understand, though the Europe Support team will get you up and running again in no time. If you haven't contacted them already, they can be reached at support.eu@dji.com.
2016-12-23
Use props
adilsonmp
New
Brazil

i have the same problem, i bought in jan 2017. i live in brasil, how can i do, it is under warranty i need help
2017-4-18
Use props
Heir InVioLable
lvl.4
Flight distance : 3963865 ft
  • >>>
United States

I just got the same problem.  My dji Focus looks like it's in great working order but after a lens swap and back, my Dji focus is completely unresponsive.   It won't do a thing and it looks completely fine.
2017-5-11
Use props
Relativemotionmedia
lvl.1

United Kingdom

i have the same issue but the online repair centre isn't registering the serial I've got, my problem is the same as the video above.
2018-2-20
Use props
djiuser_EDuvjsKTTuCU
New

Israel

Hey.I also have this problem for my devices,
The problem arises because of reverse polarity voltage , you can fix the problem in replacing board DC IN connection, it is important to Installing a diode On the cable the input power (LEMO  D-TAP)
david
2018-3-14
Use props
harry winston films
lvl.2
Flight distance : 6844 ft

United States

did any one found out what to do about , just bought on ebay for a shoot this week-end and found out the motor does not flash or turn on at all ....im so sad mad
2018-6-1
Use props
harry winston films
lvl.2
Flight distance : 6844 ft

United States

did anyone figure this thing out...im so screwed ,i just found out the motor on this follow focus just stop working and i cant do focus while im holding this very heavy gimbal ....any one please let me know how to fix this
2018-6-1
Use props
Paul Suthard
lvl.3
Flight distance : 116634 ft

DJI-Jamie Posted at 2016-12-23 13:08
I completely understand, though the Europe Support team will get you up and running again in no time. If you haven't contacted them already, they can be reached at .

My focus motor will not power up. I cannot find a way to get support or repair services for it. It is not listed online and the serial number is not recognized. what do I do?
2018-8-1
Use props
Paul Suthard
lvl.3

Relativemotionmedia Posted at 2018-2-20 07:24
i have the same issue but the online repair centre isn't registering the serial I've got, my problem is the same as the video above.

Same problem. any answers?
2018-8-1
Use props
Paul Suthard
lvl.3
United States

pfrnak. Posted at 2016-12-19 18:26

https://youtu.be/sJXXG7UHvbg

what battery setup were you using?
2018-8-8
Use props
djiuser_V0uWyIJ81hsd
New

Argentina

does anyone find the answear for this problem? today in a shooting day, suddenly stopped working and couldn´t use it anymore.
2021-3-16
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules