2291 6 2016-12-19
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
ueuezaza
lvl.2
Flight distance : 457976 ft
Italy

Hi everyone,

I noticed that using the Osmo Mobile with its DJI Go app drains the iPhone battery incredibly fast. An iPhone 6s battery does not last more than 1 - 1:30h.

What about using the phone with the DJI Go (or DJI Go 4.0) app and the Mavic? Have you noticed any abnormal battery drain of your phone?

I don't understand if this battery drain on the Osmo depends only from the app or its a combination of the app and camera of the smartphone. I hope it's not that bad with the Mavic, because it's a real problem using the Osmo on a day out without a battery pack to recharge the phone.

Any difference between DJI go and DJI Go 4.0?

2016-12-19
Use props
fans2fd7dfea
lvl.1
Flight distance : 266155 ft
Austria

Would love to know that too. Was shocked how fast my iphone 6s plus ran out of battery while using the osmo mobile
2016-12-21
Use props
fansfbc45090
lvl.2
Flight distance : 342090 ft
United States

I have a 6 and it does the same thing.  From what I gather it is a problem with the phone not the app.  
2016-12-21
Use props
CC8877
lvl.3
Flight distance : 51093 ft
Italy

I use my iphone 6s plus with DJI GO 4 and the mavic and I can confirm I have battery drain. Have to take some usb battery with me because battery usage during the flight isn't as normal as I use the telephone during the day.
2016-12-21
Use props
lildevilx
lvl.2
Flight distance : 264101 ft
Canada

I get the same problem with DJI go 4 on my android. From what I found out, DJI's app will still run in the background which causes the battery drain even when you think the app is shutoff.

On android, the only way to cut down the battery drain is to "force close" the app in the app settings. I assume DJI did it so that it would lower the chance for the DJI app disconnecting when you accidentally turn the phone off.
2016-12-21
Use props
Willik
lvl.4
Flight distance : 638796 ft
Czechia

lildevilx Posted at 2016-12-21 13:31
I get the same problem with DJI go 4 on my android. From what I found out, DJI's app will still run in the background which causes the battery drain even when you think the app is shutoff.

On android, the only way to cut down the battery drain is to "force close" the app in the app settings. I assume DJI did it so that it would lower the chance for the DJI app disconnecting when you accidentally turn the phone off.

Hi, when flying, my phone (Galaxy 5 Neo - Android) is being charged by the RC - no batery drain - so far. The question is the RC batery being drained quite fast, since I have 3 bateries to fly (combo package) and I am curious if I could fly with all three of them (like 1,5 hour flying) per one charging cycle of the RC batt.

(purchased one week ago and the outside temperatures here are not ideal for flying now, so till now just few short flights outside and few FW updates and tests indoor.

Take care.

2016-12-21
Use props
Willik
lvl.4
Flight distance : 638796 ft
Czechia

lildevilx Posted at 2016-12-21 13:31

concerning the lagging or hanging of the App - under Android I will have the similar issues I guess...
Cheers

2016-12-21
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules