Best Photo Editing Software
12Next >
15750 61 2016-12-19
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Riddletag
New

United States

Hey guys, I have a question for you guys that use the Phantom 4 Pro for photography.  I just ordered my Phantom 4 pro and was wondering what everyone uses as a photo editing software that can also print on large printers.  I will taking aerial photos of large pieces of land and will be needing to edit and print on large photo paper.  Let me know what a good program is that I can install on my Macbook pro.
2016-12-19
Use props
Svt04cobra
lvl.2
United States

I'd like to know what everyone is using also.
2016-12-19
Use props
trance728-
lvl.4
Flight distance : 298048 ft
  • >>>
United States

I've always used Photoshop
2016-12-19
Use props
Geebax
First Officer
Australia

Yep, another vote for Photoshop, there is very little it wont do.
2016-12-19
Use props
Coffee
lvl.2

United States

Lightroom.
2016-12-19
Use props
Hoomi
lvl.4
Flight distance : 231394 ft
United States

I've used Lightroom as well. Photoshop has more tools for photo manipulation, while Lightroom is more designed for photo tuning. Lightroom is exceptional for color balance, adjusting horizon (i.e. if your camera was slightly tilted, so that, for example, the ocean surface is angled in the photo, you can use the "leveling tool" to tilt the image just enough to put the ocean surface straight across the photo), watermarking, and a host of other adjustments, some of which I haven't figured out yet.

On the low-cost end, GIMP2 is to Photoshop what Open Office is to Microsoft Office. It's a free download, open-source Graphics Image Manipulation Program. My son steered me towards it when I needed some of the features Photoshop has that Lightroom does not offer. He has used it quite a bit, since he's done some image manipulation for a number of projects, but hasn't had the disposable income to invest in Photoshop.

https://www.gimp.org/
2016-12-19
Use props
C_LUU
lvl.4
Flight distance : 481988 ft
Australia

Lightroom for sure
2016-12-19
Use props
Stacy_West
New

Netherlands

Personally I use https://aurorahdr.com because this tool is easy to master. What I like about it in terms of aerial photos is powerful noise reduction which is more than important for large photos and tone mapping. The latter one is for making pics realistic.
2017-3-7
Use props
djiuser_b9vq6Xq
New

Philippines

Hey!!! my last experienced is here-  IT DAY . COM
2017-12-1
Use props
Rodger8
Second Officer
Flight distance : 20145135 ft
  • >>>
United States

Affinity Pro is the new kid on the block. The same as Photoshop for a very minimal one time fee and no monthly fees. Works great and I have been using it on my Macs for a few months now and it is most enjoyable. They just released a new extensive Hardbound Book as well.
2017-12-2
Use props
BlueBirdTN
lvl.4
Flight distance : 90686 ft
  • >>>
United States

Lightroom CC / Photoshop
2017-12-2
Use props
allyssongemelli
lvl.4
Flight distance : 2562467 ft
Brazil

Lightroom too
2017-12-2
Use props
AlanHd
Second Officer
Flight distance : 797365 ft
United Kingdom

Photoshop and Lightroom but also check out ON1 photo raw https://www.on1.com/
2017-12-2
Use props
m1shootr
lvl.4
Flight distance : 118894 ft
United States

Lightroom/Photoshop package.
2017-12-2
Use props
embayweather
lvl.4
Flight distance : 556667 ft
United Kingdom

I would vote for Photoshop too but it has a large learning curve. other than that I use Macphun Luminar which is very cheap and versatile, along with Aurora for HDR. However you did not say how large the images you would be printing. For example are you using s large format printer which may not have the necessary interface to work with some programs. Are you going to use a RIP, or even just send the file away?
2017-12-2
Use props
dcap
lvl.4
  • >>>
United States

i use photoshop with nik collection from google for quicker results. very easy and useful tool
https://www.google.com/nikcollection/
2017-12-2
Use props
Talon Fotografi
New
Australia

Lightroom for me.
2017-12-2
Use props
jmrfoto
lvl.4
Flight distance : 77257 ft
United States

I've used Photoshop since Ver 4.  But it's not the easiest program to learn beyond a doubt.  I can also highly recommend Adobe Lightroom.. must easier to learn...
2017-12-2
Use props
KedDK
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1133038 ft
Denmark

I have been using Gimp for many years, still do. plenty of features for the cost, free but consider a donation to ensure future development.
2017-12-3
Use props
JoGreen
New

Ecuador

Hi there!  I'm currently using PhotoViewerPro 3.5.1, I am a graphic designer and this has been a very usefull tool for me. It's super quick and really easy to use.
2018-1-2
Use props
JoGreen
New

Ecuador

Hi there!

I'm currently using PhotoViewerPro 3.5.1, I am a graphic designer and this has been a very usefull tool for me. It's super quick and really easy to use.
2018-1-2
Use props
Mark The Droner
Second Officer
Flight distance : 2917 ft
United States

https://forum.dji.com/forum.php?mod=viewthread&tid=114373
2018-1-2
Use props
FarmerMac
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1215079 ft
  • >>>
Denmark

I’m using photoshop CC, Lightroom CC for fotos, and Adobe Premiere Pro for video editing.
2018-1-2
Use props
Rigger73
lvl.4
Flight distance : 378478 ft
United Kingdom

Geebax Posted at 2016-12-19 18:12
Yep, another vote for Photoshop, there is very little it wont do.

Except take heavily from your wallet!
2018-1-3
Use props
Manxmann
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1178793 ft
Australia

Is anyone using (free)  Shotcut ?
I have downloaded it but find it cumbersome .........  having said that,  I am inexperienced & so,  my comments may just be invalid ??
Be interested to know if it gets any sort of a rap from other users ?

Cheers
2018-1-3
Use props
Rigger73
lvl.4
United Kingdom

Rodger8 Posted at 2017-12-2 03:58
Affinity Pro is the new kid on the block. The same as Photoshop for a very minimal one time fee and no monthly fees. Works great and I have been using it on my Macs for a few months now and it is most enjoyable. They just released a new extensive Hardbound Book as well.

I'm with you on this.  Had Affinity Photo since 1.4.  It's now at 1.6.

For those who don't know;

They have deals now and again - I bought it for a one time fee of $30!!!  There is a deal on at the moment - get it for £38 instead of £48.  20% off.

Compare that to Photoshop and Lightroom - and it's a no brainer.  How much are you paying a month?  To only rent the app/program?

Add to that;

No monthly subscription fees.  All 1.X updates are free.  I've had it over 14 months now - and there have only been two big changes - 1.5 and 1.6.  But they are continually releasing improvements - and they listen to their users!

Online tutorials direct from the devs - with excellent easy to follow videos showing a pro photographer (James Ritson) who to use the software more effectively.

I've also gotten the workbook.  Whilst chunky - it is an easy read - that covers everything you would want to know about photo-editing.  For me - the real-time correction is a strong plus point.  You can basically see what your currect selection brushes will do before clicking.

Easy object removal.

HDR tone mapping

Basically - it has 90-95% functionality of Photoshop - but at the fraction of the price.

Other reviews?  Lets put it this way - Apple made it their app of the year 2015.
Let me ask one final question.

Did I mention the cost?  Then why are you still paying through the nose for PS+LR?

2018-1-3
Use props
Rodger8
Second Officer
  • >>>
United States

Rigger73 Posted at 2018-1-3 04:03
I'm with you on this.  Had Affinity Photo since 1.4.  It's now at 1.6.

It is a great program with all of the features needed fro great photo editing and the price is right. I am glad to see the Adobe products realize competition. Photoshop use to be $700 back in the day. Now you have to rent it for a monthly commitment.
2018-1-3
Use props
Rigger73
lvl.4
United Kingdom

Rodger8 Posted at 2018-1-3 04:50
It is a great program with all of the features needed fro great photo editing and the price is right. I am glad to see the Adobe products realize competition. Photoshop use to be $700 back in the day. Now you have to rent it for a monthly commitment.

Yup - In the UK, the PhotoShop monthly costs come to something like £8 or $10 per month.

Give that a year; £96 or $120 - and Affinity photo has paid for itself twice over.

Once again - why would anyone want to fork out that much money for a product that isn't that much better - if at all.

Seeing I've had my Mac for 14 months now - that would have been £112 or $140.  Two and half times the cost of Affinity Photo!

Oh - you can also use the Google Nik palates in Affinity photo too.
2018-1-3
Use props
Toorboy
lvl.4
Flight distance : 657382 ft
United Kingdom

picassa 3 & gimp 2.8 is what I use there both free software
2018-1-3
Use props
AlanHd
Second Officer
Flight distance : 797365 ft
United Kingdom

Affinity Photo looks interesting but I would still need Lightroom as a catalogue program so it still makes more sense for me to keep Lightroom and Photoshop. I have a hell of a lot of photos going back 40 yrs,
2018-1-3
Use props
Malolojoe
lvl.4
Flight distance : 312844 ft
United States

Using Lightroom for photo and iMovie on my MBP...
2018-1-3
Use props
Spacetrakker
Second Officer
Flight distance : 115384 ft
Australia

HI
I use Photoshop and Lightroom for photo images.

For video post processing and editing I use Corel Video Studio X10, Adobe After Effects and Lightroom.

Cheers
2018-1-3
Use props
DeputyDawgAtl
lvl.3
Flight distance : 1507073 ft
United States

embayweather Posted at 2017-12-2 05:04
I would vote for Photoshop too but it has a large learning curve. other than that I use Macphun Luminar which is very cheap and versatile, along with Aurora for HDR. However you did not say how large the images you would be printing. For example are you using s large format printer which may not have the necessary interface to work with some programs. Are you going to use a RIP, or even just send the file away?

I would like to chime in...

Luminar is really great.  The new 2018 version even better.  It has a 14 day trial, give it a shot.

It's not expensive and you buy it once vs. renting each month.

It gives LR and PS a run for their money!!!
2018-1-4
Use props
DaveNC
lvl.2
Flight distance : 28560 ft
United States

AlanHd Posted at 2017-12-2 04:48
Photoshop and Lightroom but also check out ON1 photo raw https://www.on1.com/

ON1 Photo RAW (https://www.on1.com/products/photo-raw/) is a great photo editing tool for about $100.  I have it and PhotoShop Elements and use ON1 much more than PSE for cleaning up and adjusting photos. The masking tools in ON1 are incredible, and it can work as a plug-in to Lightroom and PhotoShop.

They also offer a free program called ON1 Effects at https://www.on1.com/products/effects10/, which may be all you need.

They also have a lot of free training videos, filters, etc on their website.
2018-1-4
Use props
Rodger8
Second Officer
  • >>>
United States

Rigger73 Posted at 2018-1-3 08:14
Yup - In the UK, the PhotoShop monthly costs come to something like £8 or $10 per month.

Adobe got a bit to greedy. Did you buy the Affinity book?
2018-1-5
Use props
Rigger73
lvl.4
United Kingdom

Rodger8 Posted at 2018-1-5 05:28
Adobe got a bit to greedy. Did you buy the Affinity book?

You mean this one - I was one of the first in UK to receive it.

It's a very well thought out book.

Will get more use out of it in the coming year.
2018-1-5
Use props
JoiCam
lvl.4
Flight distance : 771434 ft
Iceland

I have been using Photoshop and Lightrom for many years, Lightrom for pictures and Photoshop for graphics.
I started also testing using Affinity Pro few months ago and now I am using it as a replacement for Photoshop.
Now I am also testing Capture one 11 from Phase one and I am really liking what I see, I am about to do the switch from Lightroom to Capture one.
Do not take me wrong Lightroom and Photoshop are great Products but I am getting to like Affinity and Capture one more.
2018-1-5
Use props
Dockater
lvl.4
Flight distance : 139649 ft
Germany

Rigger73 Posted at 2018-1-3 04:03
I'm with you on this.  Had Affinity Photo since 1.4.  It's now at 1.6.

100% agree.

I used photoshop for many years until Adobe just went over the the top with their pricing policies. It is great to see some excellent competition with very few disadvantages. I have been using Affinity for almost two years now, it even supports spherical and part spherical projections.
2018-1-5
Use props
Rodger8
Second Officer
  • >>>
United States

Rigger73 Posted at 2018-1-5 12:04
You mean this one - I was one of the first in UK to receive it.

[view_image]

That is the one. I ordered it as soon as it was advertised.
2018-1-6
Use props
Rigger73
lvl.4
United Kingdom

Rodger8 Posted at 2018-1-6 04:42
That is the one. I ordered it as soon as it was advertised.

same.  No brainer for me - and had asked on the Affinity forum alongside a host of other users.

That's the other plus point for Affinty Photo - the devs take part in the forums, and not only offer advice to users, but will also answer questions and take onboard what users are saying.
2018-1-7
Use props
12Next >
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules