OSMO mobile AF lock dont work.
7723 20 2016-12-19
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
jangermann
lvl.3
Flight distance : 182680 ft
Denmark

Since I purchased the OSMO mobile this summer I have NOT been able to use my OSMO mobile for timelapse because the AF lock don't lock as it should. I am using a Samsung Galaxy S7. The result is jumbing videos with a lot of frames shoot while the camera was auto focusing, even that I locked it in the software.

I purchased the OSMO mobile because it has (or should have) the option to make timelapse.

I am still waiting for this problem to be solved but is loosing my patience.

Is there any reason to think this problem will be fixed? Otherwise I will contact DJI and require a refund.

Right now I don't own the OSMO mobile DJI told me they sold me.
2016-12-19
Use props
jangermann
lvl.3
Denmark

This is why I need AD lock to work.
https://youtu.be/Wu61Q0GP9KY
2016-12-23
Use props
jangermann
lvl.3
Denmark

jangermann Posted at 2016-12-23 16:54
This is why I need AD lock to work.
https://youtu.be/Wu61Q0GP9KY

2016-12-23
Use props
fans3403eba1
lvl.2
Flight distance : 65906 ft
Malaysia

So Jangermann, have you got a fix for this please? I am so annoyed by this very issue with my Huawei Mate 8
2017-1-1
Use props
fansb533949b
lvl.1

United Kingdom

fans3403eba1 Posted at 2017-1-1 22:52
So Jangermann, have you got a fix for this please? I am so annoyed by this very issue with my Huawei Mate 8

I have just set up a new Osmo Mobile (Jan 2017) and have the same issue - Auto Focus will not lock although the Auto Exposure lock seems to work.   I wonder is there a touch sequence to get auto focus to lock - or may be it is just another Android Issue (I am using Galaxy A3(6) with Android 6).  The tracking feature does work though - which is good.
2017-1-7
Use props
M3LELENA
New

Madagascar

same phone, same problem. while recording a video on a tripod autofocus just kicks in for no reason.. anybody got a fix?
2017-1-9
Use props
Arnaldo Bento
New

Brazil

This complaint already exist in this forum, but the DJI don´t resolve this unacceptable defect: Osmo Mobile do not have manual focus! I don´t believe this gadget haven´t this feature! DJI: we really need MANUAL FOCUS! Respect yours costumers! What's up? WAKE UP!
2017-2-3
Use props
MrFett
lvl.1
Poland

There ia a workaround. Switch to picture mode, make a lock, then switch back to video mode. As long as tou don't change focus it will stay locked in timelapse and video (but ae lock is not:/). Sad thing is that it clearly shows that af lock works but is poorly implemented on android.
2017-2-3
Use props
Alexdroner
lvl.2

United Kingdom

I already given up on the DJI go app. I just use it as gimbal for my s7 edge.

I know the motion timelaspe is cool but the apps will never allow me to record good quality video due to focus lock and low bitrate. I used stock samsung camera app and increase the bitrate.

see this if you know how to root your s7 https://forum.xda-developers.com ... d-bitrates-t3439870

I am telling you, that mod worth rooting your s7.

2017-2-15
Use props
growthpang
lvl.1
Flight distance : 1742 ft
Japan

I haven't had the same autofocus issues on my S7 Edge when doing time lapses (though the quality has much to be desired..). However, what is really annoying is when I take panorama shots (9 shot or 330) and some of the frames are completely blurred out. Does anyone have this issue?
2017-2-19
Use props
Alexdroner
lvl.2

United Kingdom

growthpang Posted at 2017-2-19 06:04
I haven't had the same autofocus issues on my S7 Edge when doing time lapses (though the quality has much to be desired..). However, what is really annoying is when I take panorama shots (9 shot or 330) and some of the frames are completely blurred out. Does anyone have this issue?

That the focus lock issue, some frame changed focus. that why some frame blur
2017-2-19
Use props
growthpang
lvl.1
Flight distance : 1742 ft
Japan

Alexdroner Posted at 2017-2-19 07:14
That the focus lock issue, some frame changed focus. that why some frame blur

I see, so I guess one of the earlier posters suggestion to lock the AF in picture mode and then switch to video mode to do time lapses doesn't really work then.

I've tried locking the focus in picture mode to take the panoramas and still am getting blurred frames. I reached out to DJI support and they told me to tap the screen to re-focus while taking the photos or time-lapses (which doesn't work as the app doesn't respond to touch when in those modes)...
2017-2-20
Use props
fans7d9079a7
New
Russia

Same problem with Xiaomi Redmi Note 3 phone. No options to disable or lock AF, timelapse videos looks terrible. It looks like the DJI developers do not have the appropriate knowledge for this work. I think about return gadget. It is unusable.
2017-8-7
Use props
Angela Pikkens
New
Russia

Jumbing timelapse video in my case.
Terrible.  Youtu.be/OFtYxHQWJqU
2017-8-7
Use props
Angela Pikkens
New
Russia

Solution from DJI support: use iPhone!

Bobby: Upon checking with our R and D department that they are already fixing this issue regarding the AF, they told me that try to use a different device like Iphone

He also said that a new version of the application will be released today and (MAY BE) it will solve this problem.

Or maybe not.
2017-8-8
Use props
Angela Pikkens
New
Russia

No, the new version 3.1.10 does not solve the problem. There are still no options for locking auto-focus.
2017-8-9
Use props
Angela Pikkens
New
Russia

Ok, solution found in my case with Xiaomi Redmi Note 3 Pro.

Long pressing screen now lock AF/AE in version 3.1.10. It is pity that is AE locked, but it is acceptable.

Sorry for my bad words, DJI!
2017-8-11
Use props
Tempostudio
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1598878 ft
  • >>>
Ukraine

How to lock AutoFocus and not lock AutoExposition?
2018-7-1
Use props
DJI Tony
Administrator

Thanks for the assistance.
2018-7-1
Use props
FlyingFish82
Second Officer
Flight distance : 3662503 ft
  • >>>
United States

this seems to be an issue with Android, i have not experienced any thing like this on iOS. the only noticeable issue i sometimes see is a little bit of jitters when doing a M-timelapse, but could be a gimbal calibration issue. Hope you can resolve!
2018-7-5
Use props
CineView Media
lvl.4
Flight distance : 5365522 ft
  • >>>
Norway

Angela Pikkens Posted at 2017-8-8 02:58
Solution from DJI support: use iPhone!

Bobby: Upon checking with our R and D department that they are already fixing this issue regarding the AF, they told me that try to use a different device like Iphone

This is nonsense!
Dji tries to blame devices and locations for the expo lock issue.
The issue is the Go app, nothing else.
Expo lock is engaged, until you start timelapse, then it resets.
Like everything else, Dji promise this and promise that, and never solve the problems, instead they keep releasing new products doing the same thing.
It really starts to get boring, and eventually you stop wasting money on these products.
Two tumbs down from me
2019-8-1
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules