Shall we count them down?

RedHotPoker
2016-12-20
Use props
Hoomi
lvl.4
Flight distance : 231394 ft
United States

That must have been a very lightweight dog if a Phantom lifted it. I think they're only capable of lifting about 2 - 3 pounds of payload.
2016-12-20
Use props
RedHotPoker
Captain
Flight distance : 165105 ft
Canada

There are  numerous videos, showing much greater weight, being easily lifted by a DJI Phantom 3. ;-)

https://www.youtube.com/results?q=dji%20phantom%20lifting%20heavy%20weight&sm=3

RedHotPoker
2016-12-20
Use props
DJI-Jamie
DJI team
Flight distance : 112405 ft
United States

Well, #10 could have been higher by DJI standards, since you could blame that incident for a lot of the severe restrictions in NFZs. I couldn't get wrap my head over the turning your cat into a drone myself, nor the Pokemon Go hack.
2016-12-21
Use props
RedHotPoker
Captain
Canada

DJI-Jamie Posted at 2016-12-21 02:07
Well, #10 could have been higher by DJI standards, since you could blame that incident for a lot of the severe restrictions in NFZs. I couldn't get wrap my head over the turning your cat into a drone myself, nor the Pokemon Go hack.

I believe it also goes to show, drinking and droning don't "mix" very well. Haha

Atleast it was a government employee on the Whitehouse Lawn and not some disgruntled terrorist... ;-)

RedHotPoker
2016-12-21
Use props
Hoomi
lvl.4
United States

The guy who turned the cat into the drone did so after the cat had been killed in an accident. According to him, it was his way of honoring the memory of a beloved pet.

It seemed kind of creepy to me, but then again, a lot of what we do for the deceased seems a bit creepy to me.
2016-12-21
Use props
trance728-
lvl.4
Flight distance : 298048 ft
  • >>>
United States

Hoomi Posted at 2016-12-21 07:59
The guy who turned the cat into the drone did so after the cat had been killed in an accident. According to him, it was his way of honoring the memory of a beloved pet.

It seemed kind of creepy to me, but then again, a lot of what we do for the deceased seems a bit creepy to me.

He also has made other dead animals into drones.
2016-12-21
Use props
Gil
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1379308 ft
United States

Oh, those 10 barely scratch the surface to the levels of stupidity that people have stooped.  I'm just waiting for the poor unfortunate idiot(s) that will land themselves into the annals of the Darwin Awards.
2016-12-21
Use props
RedHotPoker
Captain
Canada

trance728- Posted at 2016-12-21 07:24
He also has made other dead animals into drones.

My favourite has to be his huge ostrich drone. ;-)
That bird actually appeared to be smiling. Must have been its first flight, ever. Haha

RedHotPoker
2016-12-21
Use props
RedHotPoker
Captain
Canada

Hoomi Posted at 2016-12-21 06:59

I was but 20 years old, & had worked in our University Hospital autopsy suite & morgue.
We also have cousins who are professional taxidermists. So someone's preserved feline, doesn't phase me. One bit. Haha
I would like to attend a showing of "Bodies", as that interests me.
http://www.premierexhibitions.co ... y-bodies-exhibition

RedHotPoker

2016-12-21
Use props
BeamMeUpScotty
lvl.2
Flight distance : 20446 ft
United States

They are funny.  Thanks for posting those.
2016-12-21
Use props
DJI-Jamie
DJI team
United States

Gil Posted at 2016-12-22 00:24
Oh, those 10 barely scratch the surface to the levels of stupidity that people have stooped.  I'm just waiting for the poor unfortunate idiot(s) that will land themselves into the annals of the Darwin Awards.

Oh I've seen those too! That's definitely some prime reading that give you a confidence boost in knowing that there are people in the world that have messed up far worse than you ever could out of sheer common sense.
2016-12-21
Use props
RedHotPoker
Captain
Canada

BeamMeUpScotty Posted at 2016-12-21 10:45
They are funny.  Thanks for posting those.

Thanks. Surely the list could exceed the hundreds, but those are some of the fun ones, for sure. Haha

Many here, could surely also add their own personal list. ;-)

RedHotPoker
2016-12-21
Use props
RedHotPoker
Captain
Canada

DJI-Jamie Posted at 2016-12-21 10:57
Oh I've seen those too! That's definitely some prime reading that give you a confidence boost in knowing that there are people in the world that have messed up far worse than you ever could out of sheer common sense.

Yes, there is plentry to read, learn, and ponder...

Being that DJI drones are so common today, it's another reality that many end up in the record books of foolish piloting.
I watched a brief news clip this morning, that talked about police forces buying Phantoms for their law enforcement uses.

So I wonder how many of those, will end up being written about here, whether problematic or just to proclaim their ultimate usefulness... ;-)

RedHotPoker
2016-12-21
Use props
DJI-Jamie
DJI team
United States

RedHotPoker Posted at 2016-12-22 02:26
Yes, there is plentry to read, learn, and ponder...

Being that DJI drones are so common today, it's another reality that many end up in the record books of foolish piloting.

I'm imagining the South Park drone episode becoming a reality at this rate.
2016-12-21
Use props
RedHotPoker
Captain
Canada

DJI-Jamie Posted at 2016-12-21 12:45

Just think, it's nearly Christmas and Boxing Day soon to follow. The drone sales are most probably going to hit an all time high. That will bring many rank new drone pilots to the forum. I look forward to those posts, declaring all the "fun", that was had, over the holidays. Hahaha

Perhaps DJI should raise the prices higher, much like Canada has done with tobacco products, to reduce the use by minors. ;-)
All though most of the stupidity and foolhardiness with drones, demonstrated on YouTube and other popular websites, seems to depict educated and middle class adults... Go figure. Chuckles

RedHotPoker
2016-12-21
Use props
Hoomi
lvl.4
United States

RedHotPoker Posted at 2016-12-21 12:18
I was but 20 years old, & had worked in our University Hospital autopsy suite & morgue.
We also have cousins who are professional taxidermists. So someone's preserved feline, doesn't phase me. One bit. Haha
I would like to attend a showing of "Bodies", as that interests me.

My son and I went to the Bodies exhibit when it was in Phoenix a few years back. It is a fascinating exhibit, particularly seeing human physiology in actual three dimensions, rather than the typical textbook two dimensional drawings.
2016-12-21
Use props
RedHotPoker
Captain
Canada

Hoomi Posted at 2016-12-21 13:34
My son and I went to the Bodies exhibit when it was in Phoenix a few years back. It is a fascinating exhibit, particularly seeing human physiology in actual three dimensions, rather than the typical textbook two dimensional drawings.

As creepy as it may seem to some, with squeamish stomach, it continues to fascinate me, a great deal.
But eh, I liked Dr.Frankenstein's Monster though, too. Hahaha

Happy that you enjoyed the glorious exhibit. ;-)

RedHotPoker
2016-12-21
Use props
RedHotPoker
Captain
Canada

AlecW Posted at 2016-12-21 13:36
It's already starting on the book of faces groups LOL.  One guy was trying to charge his RC via the USB port

Lots of "it went crazy and crashed, it's not my fault th4e drone was possessed" posts coming up on Sunday and Monday ;)

Already... Oh, so very soon? Haha
I honestly thought the deluge would probably begin after the New Years celebrations.

But with 12 days of Christmas, the drone issues are certainly going to start to stack up.
Much like the repairs at DJI headquarters. ;-)

Too bad many of them newly winged "pilots" failed to RTFM!!

RedHotPoker
2016-12-21
Use props
RedHotPoker
Captain
Canada

AlecW Posted at 2016-12-21 14:07
They are not even reading the quick start!  Another guy just asked why the supplied mini USB won't fit the lightning port on his iPad!  Bet I could make it fit with some pliers and a small hammer ;)

Hey, well I hope you're there, giving your experienced advise and kind polite replies to the plebes!! Haha

The holiday season has barely begun, but the fun never stops. ;-)
I wonder how online sales for the "home team" are doing? Haha

Might be a record year, placing Frank Wang higher on the billionaire boys club list... Chuckles

RedHotPoker
2016-12-21
Use props
Hoomi
lvl.4
United States

AlecW Posted at 2016-12-21 14:07
They are not even reading the quick start!  Another guy just asked why the supplied mini USB won't fit the lightning port on his iPad!  Bet I could make it fit with some pliers and a small hammer ;)

I watched the tutorials online while waiting to pick up my Phantom, and then went back through a couple of them again once I had it, so that I could follow along on the instructions for such things as the IMU and compass calibrations.

Maybe some people think several hundred dollars for a drone is chump-change, and they don't need instructions to help protect their investment, but I actually have to work for my money.
2016-12-21
Use props
Gil
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1379308 ft
United States

DJI-Jamie Posted at 2016-12-21 14:45

I downloaded that episode!  As scary as THAT scenario was, the one that really gave me chills was the South Park Scientology episode.  Yikes!  Space clams!
2016-12-21
Use props
RedHotPoker
Captain
Canada

DJI-Jamie Posted at 2016-12-21 12:45

Yes, yes you can. HahahaThr full episodes can be viewed here.

http://kisscartoon.me/Cartoon/South-Park-Season-18
Scroll down to episode 5.

I haven't seen the episode in question, but here it is, edited.

I couldn't watch this in Canada, but perhaps it will allow me to play it here?

RedHotPoker

2016-12-21
Use props
DJI-Jamie
DJI team
United States

RedHotPoker Posted at 2016-12-22 15:29
Yes, yes you can. HahahaThr full episodes Dan be viewed her:

http://kisscartoon.me/Cartoon/South-Park-Season-18

That's too bad! Hopefully you can get a chance to see this one.
2016-12-22
Use props
DJI-Jamie
DJI team
United States

Gil Posted at 2016-12-22 13:53
I downloaded that episode!  As scary as THAT scenario was, the one that really gave me chills was the South Park Scientology episode.  Yikes!  Space clams!

And Tom Cruise!
2016-12-22
Use props
RedHotPoker
Captain
Canada

DJI-Jamie Posted at 2016-12-22 02:44
That's too bad! Hopefully you can get a chance to see this one.

Yes, the link I provided has all the seasons available, so I watched season 18 episode 5.

That's pretty funny. Perhaps too real for some. Haha

RedHotPoker
2016-12-22
Use props
SkyGround Produ
lvl.1

Italy

oh god
2016-12-25
Use props
Brocktree
lvl.1