FW 1.7.9 Acceptable range or not, only vote if you have used this FW
2405 8 2016-12-20
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
WilliamM
lvl.4
Flight distance : 904364 ft
United States

Everyone in the CE mode areas complained so much about the FW 1.6.8 messing with their drone's range, and some in FAA mode area did too. From my reading of many posts my findings have been those that had range issues on 1.6.8 are now doing much better. I've been reading more lately of some having range issues with the newer FW 1.7.9 but don't get the feeling it's the FW this time, but just bad installs from corrupt downloads or installs. And many being impatient waiting for this FW to download and used the SD card method (NOT the correct method) and not the Go app via wifi as designed, thus corrupting their install also.
Single SelectVote, Total 38 people participate in voting
73.68% (28)
26.32% (10)
0.00% (0)
Your user group with no voting privileges
2016-12-20
Use props
JpNL
Second Officer
Flight distance : 428245 ft
Netherlands

Range is good. 700m + in CE mode with firmware 1.7.9 and 2.9.1 DJI GO [All Stock) .Firmware 1.6.9 range was 200m and RTH. lost-signal and video feed.

Much better now.

Regards.
2016-12-21
Use props
taurus35
lvl.4
Flight distance : 136417 ft
United Kingdom

I wasn't sure about the range on my Phantom 3 Standard with FW 1.7.9 until this Holiday period. I went to the top of Hengisbury head in Dorset on the coast & managed a range of 1,011 meters & still had full control & video connection....I was well impressed!!
Previously flying near trees, bushes & built up areas I was getting disconnections from anything from 150 meters to 400 in a good fairly open area, so 1,011 was a huge improvement & am very happy with my P3S.

2016-12-27
Use props
jesbarbz
New

Australia

i did the latest firmware and wish that i had not. I cant get my drone to go further than 100 meters without loosing RC signal

I've relinked the RC and calibrated several times. Turned on "decode hardwear" like some have suggested. I've also deleted and reinstalled the DJI GO app..

Does anyone have any ideas how I can fix this please?
2016-12-30
Use props
keeponrollin
lvl.1
Flight distance : 250367 ft

Bulgaria

jesbarbz Posted at 2016-12-30 03:16
i did the latest firmware and wish that i had not. I cant get my drone to go further than 100 meters without loosing RC signal

I've relinked the RC and calibrated several times. Turned on "decode hardwear" like some have suggested. I've also deleted and reinstalled the DJI GO app..

now they will come tell you its a hardware problem, even though many people around forums/youtube mention the exact same situation-good range with older FW, and immediatly after upgrading 1.7.9-weak signal/lost signal
2016-12-30
Use props
OttoMaddox
lvl.1
Flight distance : 123278 ft
United States

I just received a P3S for Christmas.  It is very cool but the range is absolutely terrible.  Maybe 100 meters before things start losing connectiong and complaining.
2016-12-30
Use props
OttoMaddox
lvl.1
Flight distance : 123278 ft
United States

I received a P3S for Christmas.  I have flown it a few times a day since then.

Seems like my usable range is around 500-600 feet before losing connection.

I am sure I live in a very wifi dense area.  Every house having at access point plus several devices all talking to it.

But the range limitation is pretty bad even in a rural area.  I visited an aunt on Christmas day and my range was no better and houses are spread out every couple acres there.
2016-12-30
Use props
Herm
lvl.1

United Kingdom

OttoMaddox Posted at 2016-12-30 07:37
I received a P3S for Christmas.  I have flown it a few times a day since then.

Seems like my usable range is around 500-600 feet before losing connection.

I am having exactly the same issue.

Around 100 metres and i loose video feed, nothing works on the app, no return to home, nothing.

I still have control of the drone though and once it is returning to about 50 metres, the video feed returns and the app comes to life.

This along with a constant message telling me that a "strong interference is present and not to fly far" has been rather disappointed.

Anyone have any suggestions please?
2016-12-30
Use props
Bay Cruiser
lvl.4
Flight distance : 2039288 ft
Thailand

I agree with the last 5 posts, it is pretty bad and so far from the poll it's approx 25% with issue. If you imagine how many drones sold 25% is a very high number and probably in the thousands if you take polls as a measurement of actual. But then again do we believe polls ? Look at Brexit and Trump. It is probably a lot worse then 25% if you go by that!!! But we will get told by others that we have not upgraded correctly when we have and anyway if the software is so flimsy on how you upgrade it DJI should block upgrades being done wrong and not allow you to do it bearing in mind this can be a dangerous bit of kit if you lose signal at such a short distances and DJI's reputation is at risk.That's my rant over as I have said this many times before in the hope DJI are listening and rectify the issue. Oh look a pig just flew past my window.
2016-12-31
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules