Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
De-Registering with DJI. Help please.
1278 9 2016-12-20
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
liningiv
Second Officer
Flight distance : 329409 ft
United Kingdom

I havn't seen this in a thread before.  I have just sold my lovely P3Pro, in order to finance a new P4Pro.  Can some one please tell me how and where I de register my drone from my user ID.  Thanks in anticipation.
2016-12-20
Use props
Aardvark
Captain
Flight distance : 384432 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

You don't need too, it will be registered against new user when he/she sets up his/her new DJI account.
2016-12-20
Use props
KM5RG-Robert
Captain
Flight distance : 2075213 ft
United States

Aardvark Posted at 2016-12-20 17:01
You don't need too, it will be registered against new user when he/she sets up his/her new DJI account.

What forces the new owner to do that? The Go App when downloaded I guess. Of course it is possible to fly it without the app.
I think you should be able to de-register the AC. Return it to as-new condition where it has to be registered again before flight.

Also with the FAA as well.
2016-12-20
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
Flight distance : 7 ft
  • >>>

Hello liningiv, the registration cannot be changed. The new owner can use his own DJI account to fly the aircraft.
2016-12-21
Use props
Aardvark
Captain
Flight distance : 384432 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

KM5RG-Robert Posted at 2016-12-21 01:44
What forces the new owner to do that? The Go App when downloaded I guess. Of course it is possible to fly it without the app.
I think you should be able to de-register the AC. Return it to as-new condition where it has to be registered again before flight.

Also if DJI Assistant 2 were used there is a log in procedure there, so I think that would also tie the aircraft serial number to that e-mail/account.
2016-12-21
Use props
liningiv
Second Officer
Flight distance : 329409 ft
United Kingdom

DJI Mindy Posted at 2016-12-21 10:30
Hello liningiv, the registration cannot be changed. The new owner can use his own DJI account to fly the aircraft.

Hi Mindy,
So does that really mean that I will always be registered to the P3P I have just sold?
What happens to the registration that the new owner will perform when he uses DJI GO to fly the Phantom.  I'm a little bit confused with the meaning of your answer.
Thanks.
2016-12-22
Use props
Stinky711
lvl.3
United States

I'm sure Mindy will answer your question but I think you mean activation and if i'm not mistaken
it only gets done once so Dji can start the warranty countdown. I don't think it's like an automobile.
I own two P3P's, one I purchased new and needed to activate the other was pre owned and even
though the previous owner never flew it he did activate it. All I had to do was open my Dgi-go app
and fly it. Now the flight data shows I'm flying it.  
              I hope i'm close to being correct!

2016-12-22
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
Flight distance : 7 ft
  • >>>

liningiv Posted at 2016-12-23 01:09
Hi Mindy,
So does that really mean that I will always be registered to the P3P I have just sold?
What happens to the registration that the new owner will perform when he uses DJI GO to fly the Phantom.  I'm a little bit confused with the meaning of your answer.

Your email address will always be registered to the aircraft.
But the new owner will not access to your personal information.
He can log in his own DJI account and fly with it.
Do I make myself clear? Please let me know if you have any other confusion.
2016-12-23
Use props
koorosh
lvl.1
Flight distance : 7828 ft
Canada

How about the plus version.

I think the controller screen needs to be erased so the log-in credentials do not remain there.
2018-6-12
Use props
KedDK
Captain
Flight distance : 1133038 ft
Denmark

koorosh Posted at 2018-6-12 07:42
How about the plus version.

I think the controller screen needs to be erased so the log-in credentials do not remain there.

You do that best by doing a Reset to factory defaults from the settings and remember to tick the "Format SD card".
The most simple way would be to clear the flight records then go to the Profile and tap Exit.
2018-6-12
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules