Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
Vietnam / Cambodia Drone permit / permission
5122 26 2016-12-20 14:24:59
Awhat
Beginner
Australia

Hi Guys,

Flying to Vietnam / Cambodia next week and I have read that you need a permit/permission to fly.

Does anyone know how to actually get this permit / permission? I've searched google but can't seem to find anywhere to actually apply for it or any more information other than you need one.

Cheers.
2016-12-20 14:24:59
Use props
gkordowski
Hobbyist
Flight distance : 209829
United Kingdom

I'm going to Vietnam in March (with Mavic). I've found contact details on that page (bottom): https://uavsystemsinternational. ... vietnam-drone-laws/  I sent an e-mail a week ago, still waiting for an answer...

2016-12-20 14:40:01
Use props
Awhat
Beginner
Australia

gkordowski Posted at 2016-12-21 06:40
I'm going to Vietnam in March (with Mavic). I've found contact details on that page (bottom): https://uavsystemsinternational. ... vietnam-drone-laws/  I sent an e-mail a week ago, still waiting for an answer...

Awesome thanks for that, I'll email them as well - I emailed the vietnam aviation people as well but no response, I'll let you know if they come back with anything.
2016-12-20 14:44:45
Use props
rMymX36dkO0p
Beginner
Flight distance : 66159
Vietnam

Hey, I live in Vietnam and I got my Mavic a couple of months ago. I have applied for all commercial projects I have done and it's pretty straight forward.

To fly anywhere, you need to apply using a form where you describe your system, flight path, date and place, purpose of flight etc. The military control all aviation in Vietnam. My experience is apply and you'll get approval. PM me your emails and I'll forward the form to you. What are you planning to shoot?

I live in Saigon. We can meet up when you get here and I can show you some cool spots to fly.
2016-12-20 23:46:34
Use props
Awhat
Beginner
Australia

rMymX36dkO0p Posted at 2016-12-21 15:46
Hey, I live in Vietnam and I got my Mavic a couple of months ago. I have applied for all commercial projects I have done and it's pretty straight forward.

To fly anywhere, you need to apply using a form where you describe your system, flight path, date and place, purpose of flight etc. The military control all aviation in Vietnam. My experience is apply and you'll get approval. PM me your emails and I'll forward the form to you. What are you planning to shoot?

Hey,

Awesome. I am travelling all over Vietnam - is there a way to just apply for the entire duration of my stay or should I just apply for each place I visit?

Not too sure what I'll be flying, I guess just anything that's very scenic / looks nice.

Does it take long to get approval to fly? I head over next wednesday.

That sounds good mate! Thanks very much.
2016-12-21 19:58:28
Use props
rMymX36dkO0p
Beginner
Vietnam

Awhat Posted at 2016-12-22 10:58
Hey,

Awesome. I am travelling all over Vietnam - is there a way to just apply for the entire duration of my stay or should I just apply for each place I visit?

Sorry about my late reply.

You need to apply for every flight. I can share with you that laws are not really followed here. Most traffic police don't have a clue about the actual laws. But if you want to do it the proper way, use the form to apply.

My experience is that it takes you around 2-3 weeks to get it approved.

Vietnam is not short of beautiful places , so enjoy buddy.
2016-12-28 08:50:37
Use props
rMymX36dkO0p
Beginner
Vietnam

Hey guys,

Here you can take a look of some of the beauty Vietnam offers. Shot over a couple of days in Phu Quoc

2016-12-28 21:46:11
Use props
hugoleen
Beginner
United States

rMymX36dkO0p Posted at 2016-12-28 08:50

You need to apply for every flight. I can share with you that laws are not really followed here. Most traffic police don't have a clue about the actual laws. But if you want to do it the proper way, use the form to apply.

Hello rMymX36dkO0p , very interested in the information you have. Would it be possible to know more about this form ? Can we talk by Private Message ? Thank you very much, Hugo
2017-2-14 21:47:56
Use props
Jerryngm
Hobbyist
Flight distance : 24293
Australia

Vietnam? You can do anything mate. Don't fly near airport/millitary base/ crowd and don't cause attention then you should be fine
2017-2-14 22:15:40
Use props
Drone Promotion
Beginner
Flight distance : 938905
Canada

hello Can you please send me this fourm?
2017-3-14 16:13:46
Use props
samouk
Beginner
Lao People's Democratic Republic

#Quick Reply Here#Hi guys. I am going to Vietnam in two weeks and I worried about crossing border (Laos) with my drone, because i do not have permission . Where can i apply for that ?
2017-3-26 03:15:30
Use props
samouk
Beginner
Lao People's Democratic Republic

#Quick Reply Here#Hi guys. I am going to Vietnam in two weeks and I worried about crossing border (Laos) with my drone, because i do not have permission . Where can i apply for that ? Thank you
2017-3-26 03:13:58
Use props
fansf5526060
New
Australia

Hey guys.
2017-3-31 23:17:39
Use props
fansf5526060
New
Australia

After reading about these laws. I do need help to get these permits for my trip to Vietnam. Does anyone know of links I can follow to do this?
2017-3-31 23:19:26
Use props
fans482a6143
Beginner
Flight distance : 202969
United States

Im leaving in two weeks if anyone can help me on a permit or where to go for Cambodia and Vietnam it would be a big help.  My email is ketterlings@me.com
2017-4-28 18:56:00
Use props
Barto
Beginner
United Kingdom

Just came back from Vietnam - no issues. I was flying my P3A for two weeks - mainly away from towns. Also at the airports (London, Bangkok and Hanoi) - no problems. Nobody even asked.
2017-5-22 10:03:46
Use props
fans1672f1c1
Beginner
United States

rMymX36dkO0p Posted at 2016-12-20 23:46

Hi rMymX36dk00p, Can you please forward me a permit form or a link that I can apply? my email tle315@gmail.com,  I will be in Nha Trang  for vacation and looking to shoot some beaches and mountains with my Mavic Pro. Looking to hear from you soon. Thank you
2017-5-31 04:48:20
Use props
fans5bef4322
Beginner
Flight distance : 74247
Korea, Republic of

looking on where to get the permit. Please forward me a link or something. funnyeverywhere@gmail.com
2017-6-2 23:24:30
Use props
CPQR
Beginner
Vietnam

rMymX36dkO0p Posted at 2016-12-20 23:46

Hi there, could you please send me a PM. As I am a new member I can't yet send PM, I will reply my email and you can forward me the form and details on Drone Permit.
Thanks a lot mate.
2017-6-18 02:06:53
Use props
fansc32228f1
Beginner
Netherlands

rMymX36dkO0p Posted at 2016-12-28 08:50

Hi, can you help me get the permits? Would like to talk via PM if that's possible. I'm leaving for Vietnam in October. Thanks so much! :-)
2017-7-9 21:55:35
Use props
CPQR
Beginner
Vietnam

fansc32228f1 Posted at 2017-7-9 21:55
Hi, can you help me get the permits? Would like to talk via PM if that's possible. I'm leaving for Vietnam in October. Thanks so much! :-)

I think the user is inactive now on DJI forums. I sent him a PM almost a month ago and still haven't gotten any response. Though I might get the information from someone else and will upload to google drive as soon as I get so everyone can find it easily. I will reply here when I get the information.
2017-7-19 17:21:59
Use props
DRONIE.FLIGHTS
Beginner
Czech Republic

CPQR Posted at 2017-7-19 17:21
I think the user is inactive now on DJI forums. I sent him a PM almost a month ago and still haven't gotten any response. Though I might get the information from someone else and will upload to google drive as soon as I get so everyone can find it easily. I will reply here when I get the information.

A friend of mine works at the university and he will help me to get a permit. I will post more info soon..
2017-7-21 05:18:59
Use props
CPQR
Beginner
Vietnam

DRONIE.FLIGHTS Posted at 2017-7-21 05:18
A friend of mine works at the university and he will help me to get a permit. I will post more info soon..

That is better. I am going to meet my friend who has all such information in first week of August, if you get your information before that then it will be great if you could post it here for others to see.
Thanks.
PS: I am just a beginner and currently in Vietnam, don't be shy and say hello if you are in HCM.
2017-7-21 17:36:26
Use props
Mblumster
Beginner
Flight distance : 13120
United States

I will be flying into HCMC on Aug 20th and then onto Nha Trang after several days.  Please let me know if you have any advice pertaining to this permit requrement.

TIA!!
2017-7-23 23:04:33
Use props
PurePotential
Beginner
Korea, Republic of

Did anyone receive any head way on this problem for us fellow drone users? I've expressed all avenues for applying for a permit to fly. I spoke with numerous of other travelers that say it's hit or miss. It's a 50/50 chance the drone could be confiscated, then same say they had no issues. I'm flying from Seoul, S. Korea -> Hanoi -> Nha Trang. Then departure is from Nha Trang -> Da Nang -> Seoul, S. Korea. Every comment or review I've seen, drone users hand carry their drone. But what if the drone has put in a hard shell case and put under the plane in checked baggage within my suitcase, would that cause an issue? I really want some drone footage, however, I don't want to risk having it confiscated because I'm arriving and departing from different airports. I've attempted to use google translate for the Ministry of Defense website to find the form. I've asked people for the form to submit. Others have stated they either sent an email to request for permission and no response. One person stated you can pay someone to do it for you, but not evidence or proof backing that or a referral. Use travelers/drone users need some head way on this! Can anyone share their experience here or help for that matter? Thanks!
2017-8-7 03:47:56
Use props
RallerT
Beginner
Denmark

I wrote to the Ministry of Defense yesterday and they answered back today, but their reply didn't make it through my spam filter, so you guys might have to check your spam folders for the reply. Their reply was:

Dear Sir,
Please contact our Defense Attache' Office in Vietnam's Embassy in your country for your matters.
Sincerely,
2017-8-18 04:13:07
Use props
fanse2c7c115
New
Hong Kong

RallerT Posted at 2017-8-18 04:13
I wrote to the Ministry of Defense yesterday and they answered back today, but their reply didn't make it through my spam filter, so you guys might have to check your spam folders for the reply. Their reply was:

Dear Sir,

I just received below message from the Embassy of Vietnam in Hong Kong. Anyone know if there is another way to get a permit?

Hi
You can not bring this one to Vietnam for your purpose. Immigration Department not allow.
Thanks,

2 days ago
Use props
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules

Close

DJI RecommendsPrevious /1 Next