Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
Go app or Litchi app
2151 15 2016-12-20
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Orlando_Jeff
lvl.4
Flight distance : 49147 ft
United States

I seem to have better luck lately with the Litchi app over the Go app. It shows signal strength better. Also, I have pretty much no video lag when using Litchi. For some reason, after I upgraded to the new firmware, Lichi works better. So...which do you perfer?

Single SelectVote, Total 19 people participate in voting

Voting has ended

21.05% (4)
78.95% (15)
Your user group with no voting privileges
2016-12-20
Use props
BillW50
lvl.3

United States

I do like the Litchi App much better, but I haven't really noticed any difference in range. I do wish Litchi showed the signal strength while using FPV. I really don't know if I ever have to use the DJI GO App ever again. So far I have never needed it for anything.
2016-12-20
Use props
WilliamM
lvl.4
Flight distance : 904364 ft
United States

BillW50 Posted at 2016-12-20 21:38
I do like the Litchi App much better, but I haven't really noticed any difference in range. I do wish Litchi showed the signal strength while using FPV. I really don't know if I ever have to use the DJI GO App ever again. So far I have never needed it for anything.

Don't you still need the Go app to turn the Smart Return Home (low battery) on or off. Also to do a IMU calibration, and until most recently the compass calibration too.
2016-12-20
Use props
BillW50
lvl.3

United States

WilliamM Posted at 2016-12-20 21:06
Don't you still need the Go app to turn the Smart Return Home (low battery) on or off. Also to do a IMU calibration, and until most recently the compass calibration too.

Smart Return Home... Set it just once right and then toss DJI GO out right? IMU calibration... Never had to do that one yet since I owned my Phantom. Compass... yes it is there now and you could always do it from toggling S1 5 times I believe it is on the controller.
2016-12-20
Use props
Ciro Italy
lvl.3

Italy

i can only calibrate compass with litchi.
with dji go it fails ever.  

2016-12-21
Use props
MrPinaColada
lvl.4
Flight distance : 790082 ft
United States

I find DJI"s GO app more simple, less menus, and more logically laid out, but I like litchi's feature more. However I seem to get 300m less range with litchi than with the dji go app. Oh and keep in mind litchi voids your warranty if a crash is to occur with it.
2016-12-23
Use props
BillW50
lvl.3

United States

MrPinaColada Posted at 2016-12-23 18:46
I find DJI"s GO app more simple, less menus, and more logically laid out, but I like litchi's feature more. However I seem to get 300m less range with litchi than with the dji go app. Oh and keep in mind litchi voids your warranty if a crash is to occur with it.

Not in my case, I find Litchi has far less menus and things are really simply laid out. It doesn't have menus within menus like DJI Go has. And when you start Litchi, it goes straight into the camera view right away (exactly what I want). Range is the same for me between the two. And what I hear, DJI's warranty isn't worth anything anyway.
2016-12-23
Use props
solentlife
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1087530 ft
Russia

Be careful Bill ---- the DJI demons will be after you !!

Nigel
2016-12-23
Use props
BillW50
lvl.3

United States

It's only what I hear Nigel.
2016-12-23
Use props
EdM
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1491814 ft
  • >>>
Norway

MrPinaColada Posted at 2016-12-23 18:46

DJI will cover it under warranty if uusing third party software, IF, if was a fault of a part and not the pilot or software.   
2016-12-24
Use props
BillW50
lvl.3

United States

EdM Posted at 2016-12-24 08:54
DJI will cover it under warranty if uusing third party software, IF, if was a fault of a part and not the pilot or software.

How? The DJI App creates flight logs that DJI needs to determine if the fault was due to the pilot or an error on DJI's part. It's true that the Litchi App does also create flight logs, but not as detailed as DJI App does. Nor have I ever heard of a warranty claim of ever being approved with Litchi logs. Why have you?
2016-12-24
Use props
fans987d278a
lvl.4
Flight distance : 124180 ft
Canada

BillW50 Posted at 2016-12-24 12:01
How? The DJI App creates flight logs that DJI needs to determine if the fault was due to the pilot or an error on DJI's part. It's true that the Litchi App does also create flight logs, but not as detailed as DJI App does. Nor have I ever heard of a warranty claim of ever being approved with Litchi logs. Why have you?

As long as its not pilot error, DJI will cover any/all repairs no matter what app being used, belive me I know!
I only use Litchi, just to many advantages over DJI go, especially the latest version, if you haven't upgraded the go app. I'd wait till bugs of 3.0 or whatever it is, to be worked out.
I haven't updated go app or firmware since, last May.
Plus, this isn't aimed at you guy,s but people! Stop calibrating before each flight, your just risking a bad cal. from unknown sources, So, no reason to calibrate, unless you move flight location by 100 miles or so!
I fly 3 parks, all about 70-80 miles apart & haven;t calibrated since Flt#2, which was 6 months ago.
Now, if it asks me to calibrate, i would certiainly do so, But, "new firmare avialable" notcies, i just ignore, my P3A flys just perfectly, touch wood!!
2016-12-24
Use props
EdM
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1491814 ft
  • >>>
Norway

BillW50 Posted at 2016-12-24 11:01

the flight logs that DJI is really interested in are created in the bird, not in the app that is used.
2016-12-24
Use props
Geebax
First Officer
Australia

EdM Posted at 2016-12-25 07:09
the flight logs that DJI is really interested in are created in the bird, not in the app that is used.

That is correct, but it becomes an issue when the aircraft is lost and you have to rely on the logs in the phone or tablet.
2016-12-24
Use props
RedHotPoker
Captain
Flight distance : 165105 ft
Canada

As I don't own a Phantom 3 Standard, my vote for Go, is solely regarding my Phantom 3 Pro' drone. ;-)

RedHotPoker
2016-12-24
Use props
samuraiz
lvl.3
Flight distance : 202585 ft
United States

For me, the unreadable green blob of the Here maps makes GO unusable.   Litchi all the way.   
2016-12-25
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules