1198 5 2016-12-21
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
FlyingCircles
lvl.3
Flight distance : 76309 ft
United States

Hello All,

I live in Indiana and have docked my P3P till spring.  The batteries are depleted from my last flight, ~30% left.  The RC is still fairly charged up at probably about 80% left.  Is there anything special I should do to either my batteries or my RC from the condition describe above?

Thanks.
2016-12-21
Use props
FlyingCircles
lvl.3
Flight distance : 76309 ft
United States

Should the batteries be drained below 30%
2016-12-21
Use props
Aardvark
First Officer
Flight distance : 384432 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

FlyingCircles Posted at 2016-12-21 23:28
Should the batteries be drained below 30%

I believe the recommendation is to store at about 50%. With a Full charge then discharge to 50% every three months.
It can of course be flown over the Winter months, my priority would be to keep it dry. Other than that, keep the batteries warm before flight.
2016-12-21
Use props
DJI-Ken
DJI team
Flight distance : 1515312 ft
  • >>>
United States

Below are the battery safety guidelines.
I would leave more than 30% left in the battery. If you charge and then leave them alone they will be fine.
And the RC I would use use it for several hours after fully charged.
Also, after long term storage of the flight batteries, they go into hibernation mode. Read the guidelines below to get them out of that mode.

http://dl.djicdn.com/downloads/p ... _Guidelines__en.pdf
2016-12-21
Use props
AG0N-Gary
First Officer
Flight distance : 700846 ft
United States

As Ken says, I sure wouldn't go below 30%, and would prefer a little above 40% myself.  You can also let the auto-discharge work for you and it will be taken down to somewhere between 45-55% at the auto-discharge time, where it can be left.  I would charge and fly it at least once a month though, running it down to around 10% and then recharging it.  After that, you can let it audo-discharge again.  In these circumstances, I would set the auto-discharge at 3-5 days, but that's just me I guess.  Yes, it's pretty flexible, but DO exercise it.

Gary
2016-12-21
Use props
fans9741e35c
lvl.2
Flight distance : 1861201 ft
  • >>>
United States

AG0N-Gary Posted at 2016-12-21 19:13
As Ken says, I sure wouldn't go below 30%, and would prefer a little above 40% myself.  You can also let the auto-discharge work for you and it will be taken down to somewhere between 45-55% at the auto-discharge time, where it can be left.  I would charge and fly it at least once a month though, running it down to around 10% and then recharging it.  After that, you can let it audo-discharge again.  In these circumstances, I would set the auto-discharge at 3-5 days, but that's just me I guess.  Yes, it's pretty flexible, but DO exercise it.

Gary

i always leave ALL of mine...  P2 P3 P4 and soon the inspire 2 at exactly 50%
2016-12-22
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules