Compass error: Move aircraft or calibrate compass
9811 22 2016-12-22
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
DaveyG
lvl.2
Flight distance : 298094 ft
United States

Everythig is working great on my new Mavic.  I have reset the IMU and compass.  Issuse is everytime I go into Sport mode I get "Compass error: Move aircraft or calibrate compass", this only happens when flying at max speed.  Has this happen to anyone else? If yes, what was the fix?  
2016-12-22
Use props
Yogi123
lvl.4
Flight distance : 3194669 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Yes, it happens to me as well - every time in Sport mode and at full speed.

I've calibrated the compass multiple times, but does not help.

2016-12-22
Use props
Wind Junkie
lvl.4
Flight distance : 116165 ft
United States

This is related to this discussion: http://forum.dji.com/thread-76005-1-1.html

Yes, this always happens to me in full acceleration and elevating speed as well only while in Sport mode. It has only occurred with this firmware update. I haven't reach out to support yet because I honestly don't find myself gunning it in Sport mode often and the error clears almost immediately after letting off the acceleration. It is annoying though I will admit, my Mavic didn't do this once until the latest firmware update. It looks like however that the error message is expected and not necessarily something to be worried about.
2016-12-22
Use props
DRONE-flies-YOU
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1450594 ft
United States

This does not happen for me on Android with 4.0.1.  That was released today & included several fixes found in iOS 4.0.1.  Also fixed that wind warning, changed EXP tables, moved menu items into groups, etc...
2016-12-22
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
Flight distance : 7 ft
  • >>>

Wind Junkie Posted at 2016-12-23 09:27
This is related to this discussion: http://forum.dji.com/thread-76005-1-1.html

Yes, this always happens to me in full acceleration and elevating speed as well only while in Sport mode. It has only occurred with this firmware update. I haven't reach out to support yet because I honestly don't find myself gunning it in Sport mode often and the error clears almost immediately after letting off the acceleration. It is annoying though I will admit, my Mavic didn't do this once until the latest firmware update. It looks like however that the error message is expected and not necessarily something to be worried about.

Hello Junkie, his error message is not the same as yours.
As for yours, the new firmware has a much more safer compass switch strategy.  Please don't worry about it.
2016-12-23
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
  • >>>

Hi DaveyG, could you please clarify your current firmware version? Please post a screenshot of the error message here.
2016-12-23
Use props
ThirstyHorde
lvl.2
Flight distance : 262047 ft
United States

I got the same error under sport mode today as well.  This is the first time that i've flown with the latest update.  I'm using an iPad Mini 4 and the DJI GO 4 app.  It only happens in sport mode at full forward stick.  It warns of calibration error and is switches to the 2nd compass and you also get an IMU error.  It clears once the stick is slightly pulled back.
2016-12-23
Use props
DaveyG
lvl.2
United States

I am running 1.03.02 firmware. I am not sure how to take a screen shot with the mavic. My iphone 6 plus is in the holder and cant get to the external buttons. Any suggestions?
2016-12-26
Use props
DaveyG
lvl.2
United States

Mindy, Sorry meant to say I just upgraded to V1.03 today.  I will fly shortly and let you know.
2016-12-26
Use props
DaveyG
lvl.2
United States

DJI Mindy Posted at 2016-12-23 04:12
Hi DaveyG, could you please clarify your current firmware version? Please post a screenshot of the error message here.

DJI Mindy I did upgrade the firmware to V1.03 - Everything is great!!  No more errors.
2016-12-27
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
  • >>>

DaveyG Posted at 2016-12-27 21:50
DJI Mindy I did upgrade the firmware to V1.03 - Everything is great!!  No more errors.

Thank you for your update.
Enjoy your flight. :-)
2016-12-27
Use props
takhawaja
lvl.2
Flight distance : 16378 ft
United States

Same problem. I am up to date and on the newest app and I still get the error of calibration when flying at max speed. It worries me that I might mess something up
2016-12-28
Use props
Pesens
lvl.1

Philippines

I also have compass calibration issues.

Traveling through Philippines and used my Mavic without problem (on Palawan), moved to another island and, at the beach, started to tell me I had to do compass calibration, but I always had magnetic interference and couldn't do it. Also now I'm in Boracay and tried in 3 different beach, with no metal structures and no metal such watches on myself, I always have this issue.

I have the 01.03.0200 version, also the DJI GO 4 last version. Please help!!

2017-2-2
Use props
Shafanjum
lvl.1
Flight distance : 5154 ft
India

DJI Mindy Posted at 2016-12-23 02:12

Hi, i am experiencing Compass error ( restart your aircraft) hence i am unable to fly- can you advice? Thnx
2017-8-24
Use props
DroneFlying
Second Officer
Flight distance : 10774613 ft
United States

Shafanjum Posted at 2017-8-24 03:21
Hi, i am experiencing Compass error ( restart your aircraft) hence i am unable to fly- can you advice? Thnx

What's the exact message and under what conditions are you seeing it. If it says something like, "Move aircraft or calibrate compass" it's probably because something is affecting the Mavic's compass, which is most commonly caused by metal such as the steel rebar that's often found in concrete. If that's not the case then you'll need to provide a little more information about what message you're seeing and under what circumstances it occurs.
2017-8-24
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
  • >>>

Shafanjum Posted at 2017-8-24 03:21

The compass is very sensitive to electromagnetic interference, which can cause abnormal compass data leading to poor flight performance or even failure.
1. Do not calibrate your compass where there is a chance of strong magnetic interference, such as magnetite, parking structures, and steel reinforcements underground.
2. Do not carry ferromagnetic materials with you during calibration, such as keys or cellular phones.
3. Do not calibrate beside massive metal objects.
2017-8-25
Use props
Eagle_Eye
Second Officer
Flight distance : 4137720 ft
United States

DJI Mindy Posted at 2017-8-25 03:43
The compass is very sensitive to electromagnetic interference, which can cause abnormal compass data leading to poor flight performance or even failure.
1. Do not calibrate your compass where there is a chance of strong magnetic interference, such as magnetite, parking structures, and steel reinforcements underground.
2. Do not carry ferromagnetic materials with you during calibration, such as keys or cellular phones.

I other word, go in an open field naked if necessary then do the Compass dance...that would be ideal perfect condition. Unless...............
2017-8-25
Use props
Gmman
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1003150 ft
United States

This has happed to my machine since new. Running newest software everytime there is a update after every successful calibration. Still everytime in sport mode at full speed tells me to move aircraft or calibrate compass. When I slow down it stops. Freaks me out so I dont fly fast that often.  Would really like to do a fast run 5 or 6 feet off of the water on a lake but I'm affraid with compass issues it would take a swim.
2017-8-25
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
  • >>>

Eagle_Eye Posted at 2017-8-25 03:55
I other word, go in an open field naked if necessary then do the Compass dance...that would be ideal perfect condition. Unless...............

I like your sense of humor.
2017-8-26
Use props
Eagle_Eye
Second Officer
Flight distance : 4137720 ft
United States

DJI Mindy Posted at 2017-8-26 02:05
I like your sense of humor.

We need some of it once in a while.
2017-8-26
Use props
Jvenaas
lvl.1
Flight distance : 381309 ft
Norway

This also happenen to my newly purchased and updated mavic in full stick and sports mode. Have tried calibrating the imu and compass, but no luck
2017-8-29
Use props
DroneFlying
Second Officer
Flight distance : 10774613 ft
United States

Jvenaas Posted at 2017-8-29 09:41
This also happenen to my newly purchased and updated mavic in full stick and sports mode. Have tried calibrating the imu and compass, but no luck

If you provide access to the DAT file from a flight where this occurred I'll take a look and try to figure out why it happened. The instructions for retrieving the DAT file are here and once you've accessed it you'll need to upload it to DropBox and provide a link in this thread. The correct file will have a timestamp that corresponds to when the flight occurred and be at least tens of megabytes in size.
2017-8-29
Use props
Jvenaas
lvl.1
Flight distance : 381309 ft
Norway

DroneFlying Posted at 2017-8-29 09:59
If you provide access to the DAT file from a flight where this occurred I'll take a look and try to figure out why it happened. The instructions for retrieving the DAT file are here and once you've accessed it you'll need to upload it to DropBox and provide a link in this thread. The correct file will have a timestamp that corresponds to when the flight occurred and be at least tens of megabytes in size.

Must have been a bad calibration of the compass, did a new calibration again, in a cornfield, almost nude, now i don't get the warnings or atti mode anymore!
2017-8-30
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules