Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
MC-Cases Mavic Lineup
2335 13 2016-12-22
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Sgt_Throatpunch
lvl.1

United States

Just received the entire lineup for the Mavic, from MC-Cases, to review for my channel. They all seem very high quality and durable. Trying to determine which one I will regularly use. Any thoughts? (Aside from the standard "the point of a Mavic is to be compact!"). I have small children that wreak havok on my gear, so I like to have serious protection when storing/transporting. Don't worry, I have the DJI bag for going to locations on foot. The review will be completed by the end of the month.

2016-12-22
Use props
BuzzCut
Second Officer

United States

The backpack is a great idea.  As small as the smaller hard-sided case but easier to carry around.  The red exterior  is a little' shouty' though.
2016-12-22
Use props
MikeQView
Second Officer
United Kingdom

Does anyone make a foam protected case or insert for a Mavic in its unfolded layout ????   i really dont want to fold my Mavic other than when i really, really have to .
2016-12-22
Use props
Petroboy
Second Officer
Flight distance : 3681 ft
Canada

I like the look of the slightly larger case, which is only around 18" long anyways.  The smaller case would be fine and compact, but I'm finding that there are a number of extra items that are nice to have included with the Mavic (filters, portable battery charger, IPad Mini, landing pad etc.) and all of these things won't fit in the smaller case.  I suspect the way I would use things is to store everything in the larger case and then maybe pack a smaller bag in that left side compartment to use as the "day pack" which would carry only the essentials needed for the outing.  They are pricey, but nice.
2016-12-22
Use props
stealle
lvl.4
Flight distance : 21827 ft
United States

I have the compact version. It's very nice and I would buy again.   The reason I went with the MC-Cases Compact over GoProfessional, Polar Pro or any other cases is because it is the smallest footprint and weighs less than all the rest while maintaining great quality.  To me the whole point of the mavic is about being compact and portable. I don't need 5 batteries (3 is enough) and the advanced charging hub (basic charger is enough) in a hard case. If I need more batteries I can just keep them in a lipo safe bag.  Advanced charging hub can be left at home and doesn't need this kind of protection. Now, if I was looking for a case for a Phantom I might be more inclined to say, "any case I get is going to be huge, I might as well get one that can fit everything."

BTW, I purchased it from the manufacturer but via amazon for cheaper than going through the manufacturer website.
2016-12-22
Use props
Sgt_Throatpunch
lvl.1

United States

Petroboy Posted at 2016-12-22 13:23
I like the look of the slightly larger case, which is only around 18" long anyways.  The smaller case would be fine and compact, but I'm finding that there are a number of extra items that are nice to have included with the Mavic (filters, portable battery charger, IPad Mini, landing pad etc.) and all of these things won't fit in the smaller case.  I suspect the way I would use things is to store everything in the larger case and then maybe pack a smaller bag in that left side compartment to use as the "day pack" which would carry only the essentials needed for the outing.  They are pricey, but nice.

Yes, I am leaning towards the larger Explorer. That left hand foam can be removed and the DJI bag fits nicely in there. That way I can store everything I want to go to a location, and if it involves a lengthy walk, I can throw the basics in the DJI bag.
2016-12-22
Use props
Sgt_Throatpunch
lvl.1

United States

stealle Posted at 2016-12-22 13:45
I have the compact version. It's very nice and I would buy again.   The reason I went with the MC-Cases Compact over GoProfessional, Polar Pro or any other cases is because it is the smallest footprint and weighs less than all the rest while maintaining great quality.  To me the whole point of the mavic is about being compact and portable. I don't need 5 batteries (3 is enough) and the advanced charging hub (basic charger is enough) in a hard case. If I need more batteries I can just keep them in a lipo safe bag.  Advanced charging hub can be left at home and doesn't need this kind of protection. Now, if I was looking for a case for a Phantom I might be more inclined to say, "any case I get is going to be huge, I might as well get one that can fit everything."

BTW, I purchased it from the manufacturer but via amazon for cheaper than going through the manufacturer website.

Mine came direct from Germany, but I will be shipping the two cases that I do not want back to Amazon once I am done. I think the plan is to get Amazon plenty of stock so that it can be Prime eligible, which will really cut the cost.
2016-12-22
Use props
GrizzlyAdams
lvl.1
United States

I would love that larger one, IF they could take the left side and cut something for the DJI OSMO, so that I could take both of the in one case.

If a foam insert was cut for the left side similar to the product which is linked below would work AWESOME for me.
https://www.amazon.com/HUL-Weath ... words=dji+osmo+case
2017-1-3
Use props
xiaohong
lvl.1
Flight distance : 52999 ft
Singapore

ordered the professional MC Case for Mavic. Like they say, pricey but worth it.

Now, I wonder if MC Cases Professional versions ever thought of instead slotting in 7 batteries, how about 2 Mavics and 6 batteries removing the entire square compartment totally?
2017-1-4
Use props
Heavysledz
Second Officer
Flight distance : 819491 ft
United States

is there anywhere in the U.S. to buy these other than Amazon?
2017-1-6
Use props
xiaohong
lvl.1
Flight distance : 52999 ft
Singapore

I have seen one and it is well built. The red interior adds more eye candy to it.

Could not resist and ended up buying the MC Case Professional.

Now, time to order 3 more batteries to fill up those slots.
2017-1-7
Use props
QuantX
lvl.1
Flight distance : 356542 ft
United States

stealle Posted at 2016-12-22 10:45

Would you guys have any suggestions for a case that would fit all the fly more package of the mavic without any wasted space...also at a decent price?  I would even consider the pluck and pull foam ones.  A lot of times the cases out there either have a lot of extra foam that is wasted area or the price is over $100.  Any thoughts or suggestions would be appreciated!
2017-2-27
Use props
Citation
lvl.4
Flight distance : 134908 ft
United States

I looked at these as well, however I went with HPRC cases instead. They are bullet proof.
2017-3-7
Use props
DJI-Thor
Administrator
Flight distance : 13602 ft

I just use my backpack, these fancy bags seem unnecessary to me
2017-3-7
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules