Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
Samsung S3 tablet not displaying mavic camera view
2422 10 2016-12-22
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Gunpilot399
lvl.1

Australia

Finally picked up my new Mavic in Australia on 21st Dec. Have sorted out all the issues to date and have had a number of successful flights today. Have been using my Samsung Galaxy 5 mobile phone and all works ok. Went and loaded oth DJI GO and GO 4 onto my Samsung Galaxy S3 tablet and while it displays all the relevant control displays, it does not show the camera image. Has anyone got a solution for this? All assistance greatly appreciated...........

2016-12-22
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
Flight distance : 7 ft
  • >>>

Hello Gunpilot399, Samsung galaxy s3 isn't in our device recommended list. It might be incompatible with DJI GO app.
You could try to reset the tablet to factory and install the DJI GO app again.
2016-12-23
Use props
Danny-B-
lvl.4
Flight distance : 306640 ft
United Kingdom

I had the same with a galaxy note 2. All HUD but no video feed ... unsupported model of course. Shame but they can't support everything I guess.
2016-12-23
Use props
Gunpilot399
lvl.1

Australia

Danny-B- Posted at 2016-12-23 22:30
I had the same with a galaxy note 2. All HUD but no video feed ... unsupported model of course. Shame but they can't support everything I guess.

Thanks Mate......grrrrrrrrrrr......may have to by a cheap tablet that is supported, or a spare phone as I don't like using my primary phone all the time with the Mavic. Had a test fly this morning and found a couple of things that don't appear right

1. When I fly the Mavic towards myself it does stop but as I approach it it does not back off? thought it was supposed to do this?

2. When in active tracking and follow me mode it would focus on me but not move from ts hovering position as I walked of - just panned to keep me in view. Again, any idea whats up here?
2016-12-23
Use props
Danny-B-
lvl.4
Flight distance : 306640 ft
United Kingdom

1) Obstacle avoidance will never make it go backwards, it can avoid things in its path when flying forward but the mavic will only fly backwards when you enable it in the settings, and only for active track. not for obstacle avoidance.

2) Sounds like you didnt click ok when you have drawn the box round yourself? It should go green and then display a green "OK" button within the box. press that
2016-12-24
Use props
Gunpilot399
lvl.1

Australia

Danny-B- Posted at 2016-12-24 21:27
1) Obstacle avoidance will never make it go backwards, it can avoid things in its path when flying forward but the mavic will only fly backwards when you enable it in the settings, and only for active track. not for obstacle avoidance.

2) Sounds like you didnt click ok when you have drawn the box round yourself? It should go green and then display a green "OK" button within the box. press that

You were spot on - now all working - thanks mate
2016-12-27
Use props
fansa4a4aace
New
Flight distance : 4281 ft
United States

DJI Mindy Posted at 2016-12-23 03:23
Hello Gunpilot399, Samsung galaxy s3 isn't in our device recommended list. It might be incompatible with DJI GO app.
You could try to reset the tablet to factory and install the DJI GO app again.

Looking to purchase new Galaxy Tab S3.  Id the DJI app working with the S3 yet?
2017-4-23
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
Flight distance : 7 ft
  • >>>

fansa4a4aace Posted at 2017-4-23 09:31
Looking to purchase new Galaxy Tab S3.  Id the DJI app working with the S3 yet?

Hello, please refer to our device recommended list. recommended list.png
2017-4-23
Use props
bernie124
New
Flight distance : 229564 ft
Germany

Hi Gunpilot399, was your problem fixed by updates of firmware and new versions of the Go 4 app? I'm thinking about a tablet for my Mavic.
2017-6-6
Use props
fans31bcf609
New
Flight distance : 697018 ft
Australia

Does anybody have an update about the Samsung Tab S3? Looking at buying one but I have to be able to fly with it.
2017-7-16
Use props
bernie124
New
Flight distance : 229564 ft
Germany

I use the LTE version of the Galaxy Tab S3 with my Mavic (Go 4) and had no problems at all. You need a good USB cable (I've used the one that came with the tablet) and don't forget to remove the small USB cable at the side of the controller. As with all android devices, charging the tablet from the controller cannot be prevented, but with a fully charged tablet and controller I had no problems to complete the flights of three mavic batteries.
2017-7-20
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules