Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
P4P+ Alot of video Lag
1178 8 2016-12-22
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
fansc07d99b8
lvl.1

United States

Anyone experiencing alot of video lag with their p4p+? I constantly have lags on my screen and it shows on the recording. I had closed all my apps the remote  and only app open was the DJI app. I wonder if anyone else is experiencing this.......  Also, i was at about 100 feet of altitude.
2016-12-22
Use props
Geebax
Captain
Australia

It shows on the recording? Yes, I suppose it does, it shows something you recorded some time ago. You also say you closed all the apps, which is wierd, because if you really have a P4P+, it has a dedicated screen that will not run any other apps. At 100 feet of altitude? Were you directly above yourself?

2016-12-22
Use props
DJI Natalia
Administrator
Flight distance : 318 ft

Would you please help confirm the firmware version for your aircraft and remote?
How long the image transmission lags? please check the HD page.
Is the environment suitable for flying? or you have the same case in different open places?
2016-12-23
Use props
fansc07d99b8
lvl.1

United States

@geebax yes it shows on the recordings aswell. Instagram and when you edit and the browser are also apps. (Which i dont have open other than the flying app). yes, above myself.  @DJI Natalia the latest firmware on both. It does it every 2-5 seconds. When you say suitable what are you referring to? Im in a open field (technically a park) its happened on two different places. Mind you, It never happened with my p3 standard.
2016-12-23
Use props
Geebax
Captain
Australia

fansc07d99b8 Posted at 2016-12-24 10:44
@geebax yes it shows on the recordings aswell. Instagram and when you edit and the browser are also apps. (Which i dont have open other than the flying app). yes, above myself.  @DJI Natalia the latest firmware on both. It does it every 2-5 seconds. When you say suitable what are you referring to? Im in a open field (technically a park) its happened on two different places. Mind you, It never happened with my p3 standard.

If you are flying above yourself, then that is the worst place for loss of signal and therefore 'video lag'. You might read the tutorial about antyenna positioning, because it explains why flying directly above the RC unit is a bad idea. You can position the antenna correctly on the RC unit, but you have no control over the position of the antenna in the aircraft, and when overhead, they are in the worst possible position.
2016-12-23
Use props
fansc07d99b8
lvl.1

United States

@Geebax ah ok, ill keep that in mind. Thanks alot for that information, i have flown away from me but it still gives me lags. I will try again anyways for confirmation but i really appreciate the info!
2016-12-23
Use props
fanseea23d73
lvl.1
Flight distance : 4029892 ft
United States

fansc07d99b8 Posted at 2016-12-23 18:35
@Geebax ah ok, ill keep that in mind. Thanks alot for that information, i have flown away from me but it still gives me lags. I will try again anyways for confirmation but i really appreciate the info!

Fansc07d99b8, I just got my Phantom 4 Pro + a couple of weeks ago and have been trying to solve this problem ever since. Like you I have a lot of leg in the video feed on the built-in screen.  The leg also shows up in the video that is recorded on the screen however, the actual video downloaded from the Phantom is fine. I have reinstalled the firmware on both the controller and the aircraft. I've calibrated both the compass and the IMU.  but nothing seems to work. I'm flying in an open areas with very little interference and the problem occurs both when the aircraft is near to the home point and when it is far away. Sometimes the leg could be a second or more but I haven't noticed a drop of more than about three seconds.  Other issues that may be related to this problem is a constant need to recalibrate the compass on the controller and I constantly get an error message that video cannot be recorded due to the memory being full. When I checked the status of the memory in the app it shows that I have plenty of memory left. And the final issue which may or may not be related is that when I used TapFly  the aircraft will always drift to the right quite dramatically  sometimes. So, you are not alone and if anyone can give me some additional things to try, it would be much appreciated. I hate to have to send this thing back.
2016-12-27
Use props
fanse802613b
Captain
Flight distance : 828904 ft
  • >>>
Germany

ive been seeing this lag too. never had it on any other phantom running iOS devices. I was also in the middle of nowhere with no signal issues on the HD tab.
2016-12-29
Use props
J_L Drones
lvl.1
Flight distance : 57894 ft
United States

@geebax
This is the kind of lag im getting.

https://www.skypixel.com/pilot/videos/share/lag-at-park?account_id=lmones
2017-1-5
Use props
Advanced