Mavic Pro gimbal twitching
8963 48 2016-12-23
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
fans6fa4f2f0
lvl.2

Spain

Hi, I'm having the same issue. Noticed in several videos that I recorded that randomly, the image will "bump" while I'm flying straight. Do I need to send my drone in for repairs? How do I do this? Thanks
2017-1-10
Use props
CloudVisual
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 97545420 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Adding my name to the list of people. Out shooting today in Tripod mode to get some super steady woodland flythroughs and the camera twitches every now and then. Not at the end of the run, but halfway through the shot.

Seriously disappointed right now, as I had the P4 and sold it the second my Mavic turned up and I'm genuinely disappointed at the quality of the gimbal compared to the P4.
2017-1-18
Use props
Josh-130
lvl.1

United States

DJI Mindy Posted at 2017-1-3 00:07
It's probably a hardware issue. It's better to let our engineers to evaluate it.
Normally the turn-around time is about 2 weeks.

Hi Mindy, I have sent in my Mavic for repairs of the gimbal issue. I am curious if the camera can be looked at as well? It has the common issue of the blurring near side edges of the picture.
2017-1-19
Use props
fans464c96e6
lvl.2

Canada

Do you know if this has been resolved for Mavics that are shipping now? or they still being manufactured with this bad electric wire?
2017-1-19
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
Flight distance : 7 ft
  • >>>

Josh-130 Posted at 2017-1-19 10:17
Hi Mindy, I have sent in my Mavic for repairs of the gimbal issue. I am curious if the camera can be looked at as well? It has the common issue of the blurring near side edges of the picture.

Could you please provide me with your case number?
2017-1-20
Use props
Josh-130
lvl.1

United States

DJI Mindy Posted at 2017-1-20 02:17
Could you please provide me with your case number?

388270-R1J5Z2
2017-1-23
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
Flight distance : 7 ft
  • >>>

We had sent the aircraft back to you.
If you have any further query, please feel free to let me know.
2017-2-3
Use props
louellac
New

United States

Hi,

Possible solution here.
Had the same issue today. My mavic has been fine for 2 weeks, then suddenly it had gimbal overload issues during calibration, same as in the previous video.
During calibration at drone startup, push the main stem of the gimbal away from the mavic's "neck".
For some reason, this stopped the gimbal from hitting something during calibration.
To finish it up, i ran the gimbal calibration in the app for safety.

Hope this helps somebody else.
I stumbled through this thread while I was panicking about my "broken" drone.

Louel
2017-3-15
Use props
fans6d8fcba9
lvl.2
Norway

Hello guys, My first post here, nice to meet you all! I have a brand new Mavic and jello effect. I really don't have the time to return it right now as I need it for job. However, I see that a lot of people have had this issue, and DJI seems to fix it on regular basis. Can't they just be honest about this and say what is the matter?

I have a theory, but I need a bit more investigation. Rubber either gets too extended and gimbal eventually ends up resting on L profile bracket, or it gets too rigid and stops absorbing properly. A lot of gimbals have scratch marks as if rubber is too tight during initialization, and upper part of the gimbal hits the bracket. Come on DJI, come clean in regards to this one.
2017-3-23
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules