Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
stephanegimenez
lvl.2
Flight distance : 1153780 ft
  • >>>
Jersey

Just bought and received a new
SanDisk Extreme PRO 128 GB microSDXC Memory Card + SD Adapter up to 95 MB/s, Class 10, U3, V30.
At that speed and class I would have thought no problem...
But I can't record for longer than seconds...
I formatted the card to ms fat yesterday with my mac, and then put it through my RC to format from the app.
Still stopping after a few seconds of recording.
2016-12-23
Use props
FuZZyPiLOT
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1353215 ft
Belgium

I thought 64gb was the biggest the P4 could take.

Does it give any error when recording etc?
What model DJI have you?
2016-12-23
Use props
stephanegimenez
lvl.2
  • >>>
Jersey

No errors.
But crap... I couldn't see any restrictions on size ...
oh dear...
2016-12-23
Use props
DJI Natalia
Administrator
Flight distance : 318 ft

Sorry to hear about that, please help confirm your aircraft model.
You can record videos with the original SD card without any problems, right?
2016-12-23
Use props
Labroides
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 9991457 ft
  • >>>
Australia

Why is it that so many users want to get the biggest, badass-est most expensive SD card they can find?
There's no end to the allure of big cards.
But it makes no sense to put a 128GB card in your Phantom.
Even if you record each flight from start to finish in 4K it would take about 10 whole flights to fill a 128GB card.

Anyone that values their images shouldn't be leaving a week's work on their SD card and risking their work every time they send it out again.
Get a few 16GB cards and put a new card in for each flight.
That way if the worst happens you don't lose all those images, just the last few.
2016-12-23
Use props
stephanegimenez
lvl.2
  • >>>
Jersey

Dude, if you have nothing useful to say, why don't you refrain from posting those third person comments.
There was a reason for me to get this card, one of which is to be future proof, maybe the other is to share with other devices to use ad cards, and maybe I have the cash to burn.
Either way, your comment is pointless, my problem if that is to be the reason for my drone not to record.
How may storage have you got in your computer? How much have you got in your mobile device, and much ram, cpu are you running?
Why is it that people want the faster computer possible, the faster card, the best drone,...
dude the world we live in, is full of that..
I will sleep for my mistake tonight as I will put that card in my canon 5d mk4. Worry not.
2016-12-23
Use props
Geebax
Captain
Australia

stephanegimenez Posted at 2016-12-24 08:21
Dude, if you have nothing useful to say, why don't you refrain from posting those third person comments.
There was a reason for me to get this card, one of which is to be future proof, maybe the other is to share with other devices to use ad cards, and maybe I have the cash to burn.
Either way, your comment is pointless, my problem if that is to be the reason for my drone not to record.

Seriously, your first post here and you are ticking off a forum regular? Way to go, that will get you a lot of help. Labroides has a point, but you are presumbably too smart to heed it. Oh, and while you are at it, formatting the card in your Mac was a waste of time, the only valid place to format the card is in the aircraft, because it knows which format to use. Nice comment about the 5D Mk IV though, are we meant to be impressed by that?

The P4 supports up to 64GB, the P4P supports up to 128GB, both specs are visible on the DJI web site.

2016-12-23
Use props
stephanegimenez
lvl.2
  • >>>
Jersey

I am not presenting to be smart, just an average guy, but for a forum regular to look at a first timer and make fun of a purchase without knowing circumstances if any?
Or even a mistake?
My point being that most people in this world buying any storage consuming equipment will 99% purchase as big storage as possible, planning for future...
I made the mistake to assuming that buying the fastest and largest card would work in the latest P4.
That doesn't mean one should come down on me like a brick ..
Do that if I make that mistake time and time again..

All am saying.

But thank you for spending the time to comment on my post.

And no, my comment about the 5d is not about impressing anyone, am not that kind.

Oh and the aircraft that I have is a p4p. So 128 should be supported according to you then ..

Merry Christmas
2016-12-24
Use props
fansd61c0eb8
New

United States

My 128GB card worked fine in the phantom 4 but will not work at all in the Phantom 4 pro...
2016-12-31
Use props
stephanegimenez
lvl.2
  • >>>
Jersey

I resulted in getting a 64Gb as advised above (thank you), and all is well now
2017-1-22
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now