Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
are fly aways still a problem??
901 4 2016-12-23
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
fans19454176
lvl.2
Flight distance : 62 ft
United States

I was watching a review on you tube for the phantom 4. It mentioned that flyways are a thing of the past now.see here around 10:00

so I thought I would check out these forums. I still see concerns about fly aways.

no need to replace my current vision 2 plus if there are still issues.

comments?>
2016-12-23
Use props
Nigel_
lvl.4
Flight distance : 388642 ft
United Kingdom

It's still possible to have them blown away by a 50mph wind at 400ft when the wind on the ground is only 10mph, although the P4 is capable of handling stronger winds than the older models so we don't see many reports of this for the P4, plus the P4 Pro has a wind warning feature which should help avoid this issue, once it is working properly!  I guess this will be added to the P4 once proven on the P4P.

There have been a small number of instances of things going wrong in brand new aircraft and them either crashing or flying away, but the log files on the tablet/phone normally contain enough information for DJI to accept responsibility and replace the aircraft.  After the first few flights nearly all problems are pilot error, things like landing in water or flying into a tree and the obstacle avoidance not seeing an overhanging branch above it, or flying into a wall after sunset when the obstacle avoidance has turned off.

2016-12-23
Use props
Labroides
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 9991457 ft
  • >>>
Australia

Flyaways are very, very rare.
Once upon a time you could lose your Phantom and tell everyone that it flew away.
Since the P3 came out the app records flight data that can be analysed in the event of an incident.
This means the actual cause of the incident can usually be determined and almost all cases have proved to be user error or disorientation.

Actual flyaways are so rare that flyaways are almost a myth.
If you are interested , this piece goes into more detail:  http://www.droneflyers.com/2016/ ... -on-drone-flyaways/
2016-12-23
Use props
Roadstar1700
lvl.2
Flight distance : 1203484 ft
United States

9 months 150+ flights and the only time I experienced an out of control flight was when I calibrated the compass (my mistake) with iron ore below the ground.
2016-12-24
Use props
fans74db8d7a
lvl.3
Flight distance : 3571634 ft
  • >>>
Ireland

My 2 cents...

I've over 160+ flights on my personal P4 and not once has it ever misbehaved. I've twice that amount of flights on our company P4 drone also without issue.

That being said, our company also has a P3 Standard and on occasion that looses GPS signal and goes into ATTI mode. For those unsure of themselves, they may feel like this is a flyaway where in fact it's not. It's just the drone blowing away in the wind because with no GPS lock, it can't hover at it's current location as it doesn't know where it is.

You still have full control to “manually fly” it when this happens, but for some this can be a little shocking if they don't know what's actually happening.

So my 2 cents, everyone should practice flying in ATTI mode at some point just to get a feel for what it's like so that in the event you do loose GPS signal, you don't panic and you know exactly what to do.

ATTI mode is actually fun to fly with too.
2016-12-25
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules