Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
Blinking RC and HD icons
14225 76 2016-12-23
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
fans59cde44a
lvl.1
Flight distance : 440 ft
United States

DJI-Ken Posted at 2017-5-5 08:55
I've inquired about it.

Hello Ken, any feed back yet on the blinking  controller signal strength icon ?   My concern,  is the bar strength displayed still valid?  i.e.  if it's blinking and showing  say,   4 out of 5 bars, do you really have that signal strength?

Thank you
2017-5-11
Use props
DJI-Ken
DJI team
Flight distance : 1515312 ft
  • >>>
United States

fans59cde44a Posted at 2017-5-11 07:44
Hello Ken, any feed back yet on the blinking  controller signal strength icon ?   My concern,  is the bar strength displayed still valid?  i.e.  if it's blinking and showing  say,   4 out of 5 bars, do you really have that signal strength?

Thank you

Yes, the blinking means some signal interference but the signal strength value is still correct.
This topic was about it still blinks when you get closer to yourself and goes away when you restart the aircraft.
That's what I've inquired about and they've requested a video.
2017-5-11
Use props
PM160Mavic
lvl.2
Flight distance : 303219 ft
United States

DJI-Ken Posted at 2017-5-5 08:55
I've inquired about it.

This happened to me today.  I started up the bird and it immediately warned me of some type of interference.  Then while in flight a minute later, the RC and HD started to blink at full bars.  I brought the bird back right away as I was scared lol.  Any idea what is happening?
2017-5-12
Use props
Grotto13
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1148937 ft
United States

Happened to me as well. I flew same route as always an noticed this too afterupdate. Turned around when i saw this and  I just kept it near by an flew around. Didnt think to land and reboot. Ill give it shot next flight if it happens. Happy safe flying all!
2017-5-12
Use props
fans05559110
lvl.1
Spain

Hey guys, had this issue myself and was wondering how to resolve. I'm using an HTC 10 attached to the control. Could the phone be creating interference with it's connection to the cellular network and attempting to scan for wifi networks? I'm going to try putting my phone in aeroplane mode then seeing if issues occur. I'll report back!
2017-5-14
Use props
Eagle_Eye
lvl.4
Flight distance : 4137720 ft
United States

Same here.
2017-5-14
Use props
DJI-Ken
DJI team
  • >>>
United States

PM160Mavic Posted at 2017-5-12 19:46
This happened to me today.  I started up the bird and it immediately warned me of some type of interference.  Then while in flight a minute later, the RC and HD started to blink at full bars.  I brought the bird back right away as I was scared lol.  Any idea what is happening?

It means there's signal interference. Try walking to a different location.
2017-5-15
Use props
fans59cde44a
lvl.1
Flight distance : 440 ft
United States

From every post I've read, once it starts to blink it will not stop until you land and reboot the  app.  I received a "caution strong interference  warning"  yesterday,   but no blinking icons.  
Infact  for me every time it has blinked I have never received a warning message.

Thank you Ken  for the post stating that,  signal strength bars should still be  reading correctly.    Gives me more confidence that I'm not about to loose  my Mavic  just because of the blinking icon with full bars.
2017-5-15
Use props
Flycaster
lvl.4
United States

Is this flashing icon(s) on the RC unit, or the tablet/phone device?
I haven't seen anyone identify on which device, the RC unit, or Tablet/phone device????
2017-5-15
Use props
TroutboyNZ
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1726486 ft
  • >>>
New Zealand

My RC Icon on the app starts fine, but as soon as I get to around 300m away it just dissapears and never comes back for the duration of the flight!!! Anyone else seen this? On .400 and 4.0.4 Go4, S7. No blinking... just black space where the icon was. This reasonably near some HT power lines, but would not think it would just dissapear, rather start blinking like you have all found. Still flies fine and the RC shows nearly full bars! Agree, just another useless quirk from poor programming...
2017-5-15
Use props
PM160Mavic
lvl.2
United States

DJI-Ken Posted at 2017-5-15 08:37
It means there's signal interference. Try walking to a different location.

Will do, thanks Ken.
2017-5-15
Use props
DJI-Ken
DJI team
  • >>>
United States

No problem, have a great week.
2017-5-16
Use props
PM160Mavic
lvl.2
United States

DJI-Ken Posted at 2017-5-16 06:12
No problem, have a great week.

You too Ken Thanks again.  Flew it today and no problem at all.
2017-5-16
Use props
DJI-Ken
DJI team
  • >>>
United States

PM160Mavic Posted at 2017-5-16 16:33
You too Ken Thanks again.  Flew it today and no problem at all.

Sounds good, enjoy.
2017-5-17
Use props
mcizeron
New
Portugal

Hi.
Yesterday my RC signal (with full bars showing) started blinking and red. I was flying over a city at 400 feet. What does this mean?
Interference but signal ok?
Go home or say goodbye to your Mavic?
2017-6-16
Use props
Pitando
lvl.2
Flight distance : 68284 ft
Portugal

I have the same red blinking but didnt face any signal lost.

I fly in over Golf field with no interference.
2017-6-20
Use props
EranR
lvl.4
Flight distance : 280515 ft
  • >>>
Israel

It's a known bug in the DJI SDK. The SDK doesn't always update the app about signal quality changes and when it does, somtimes it gives a zero value and sometimes, when the signal gets too low it stops updating completely.

DJI SDK Support acknowledged that bug and I hope they fix it soon.

I assume since DJI GO 4 is based on some version of the SDK it suffers the same behaviour.

Leaving and entering the camera view will sometimes fix that.
2017-6-20
Use props
Vin829
lvl.2

United States

Still can't get more than 1500 feet away before the icons start flashing. Even had the video cut out for a quick second but then came back. Disappointed to say the least
2017-6-20
Use props
Drone 166
lvl.1
Flight distance : 1237169 ft
Poland

The same problem continues. At 200m the controller's range indicator flashes. Question why DJI does not fix this problem?
2017-7-6
Use props
GroTToFlyeR
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1148937 ft
United States

I been getting blink blink also. I have android. I tried my phone charger cord into phone and usb into rc bottom . It seem to be less blink so I been flying this way. No more mini cable that came with set up.
2017-7-6
Use props
fans0b121ec4
lvl.1
Flight distance : 4318 ft
United Kingdom

Hi pilots,  This happens mainly in noisy areas like wifi,Tree's etc, but it's really nothing to worry about.
Virtually every time I fly I have at least one of these icons flashing. But I still continue on my flight and can categorically assure you all that your Aircraft certainly isn't going to come crashing down to the ground.  Stop worrying and enjoy your flights with or without this slightly annoying flashing icon.

Happy flying
2017-8-6
Use props
Bekaru Tree
Second Officer
Flight distance : 15513100 ft
South Africa

I had it today also - blinking RC icon
Was accompanied by a firmware upgrade notice - odd because i am always up to date with upgrades - so i thought maybe my RC must be upgraded,
Tried loading assistant 2 but although thats not fully working for me it did say that i have the latest firmware installed.

So then i connected my AC again - RC icon is not flashing now and device says firmware is up to date. ??
I hope that was a quick passing glitch and now its back to normal.

2017-8-6
Use props
XdGZAy34KJs1
New
Flight distance : 210466 ft
United States

I have been getting weak signal and HD blinking more with each new firmware upgrade. Flying since November so I have seen a LOT of updates. Most problems started with DJI Go 4. The old app was rock solid but 4 is awful. I have used an android phone since I got it but now I can't get 100 feet away without HD weak signal. I just tried it with an iphone7 yesterday and it works just fine. After trying my android phone and tablet with the exact same issues. I think DJI approved devices should say "use any device as long as it is iOS "
2017-8-6
Use props
Tealk
lvl.4
Flight distance : 479613 ft
Romania

if they are blinking there is a little interference ...
2017-9-1
Use props
Osee
lvl.2
Flight distance : 530758 ft
United States

Yesterday was first time I flew after last firmware update - never had RC icon flash before - but it did today - flashing white .
I had full bars and was only a few hundred feet away - would not stop until i restarted the app and then did not see it again for the rest of the time .
2017-9-1
Use props
ImHereToCrash
Second Officer
Flight distance : 5381368 ft
  • >>>
United States

ya i always thought it was related to interference but mine blink inconsistently and without any interference,  at my farm for example occusync reports flat green light on the very bottom of the graph... no errors appear nothing reported as interference.   they dont stop blinking until i restart the flight meaning grounding and taking off again....

the good news is it doesnt impact my flights at all, but i wish the interferance blinking indication wasnt broken or seemingly broken..  im not sure how much it would help to know or have visual indication working but it would be nice if it did..
2017-9-1
Use props
djiuser_37Psbsy
lvl.1
Flight distance : 25348 ft
Australia

Having the same problem. This is my first flight so thought to run all calibrations first (camera compass and imu). All worked fine except imu which the app froze so had to restart. Caused issues as then the rc and phone couldn't connect to Mavic so multiple times turning off and on and trying to link eventually rc connected but phone no good so uninstalled then reinstalled app and it was ok. Went for first flight and both rc and hd signal icons on phone flashing. Flew ok but I didn't go far at all just in case. Went home then powered up again to check and see what was wrong and this time hd signal flashing only. App said all firmware up to date but connected to so dji assistant and said mavic had an update. Did the update so gojng to try again today to see if it works ok otherwise will try to factory reset everything and start from scratch.
2017-10-26
Use props
fans00d63436
lvl.1
Flight distance : 4587 ft
United States

Same Issue : HD Symbol flashing and no bars lit up. warnings popping up  and it seemed like the entire display was running slow . I certainly didnt dare take off if I was planning on heading out to fly. This all happened while checking a few of my setting.  I searched the web and checked here to see whats up.     I shut her down and powered back up a few times , Didn't help.  Then I let it sit for a { few minutes} about 3 and powered up controller ,then Mavic and waited for Go4 to pop up.  Bingo everything was back to normal. Has to be a glitch in there somewhere. Im using a Droid S5  Version 6.01 Kernel version 3.4.0    Just glad it was to windy to fly today.  
2017-11-9
Use props
Wailer
lvl.1
United States

Wailer Posted at 2017-2-10 04:51
My HD started blinking RED with full good bars when I was 3000 feet from home over water.  No error messages.  I hit RTH, and it would not return.  Put it into sport mode and flew home with HD blinking RED until shutdown.  I too, would REALLY like to know what this is supposed to be telling us.  Nothing in the manual, and so far, no explaination from DJI or the forums.  I'm suspecting an app problem as well.  I'd hate to be wrong and do the wrong thing that far away!  :\

UPDATE:  Turns out my RTH issue was related to a low sun angle with it located behind me  (in relation to the Mavic).  It was seeing the sun as an obstruction.  Switching to Sport Mode turned off all collision avoidance and allowed me to fly it home with no problem.  Would still like to know why my HD symbol blinks.  MONTHS later and no solution?  One reason I NEVER connected my flight tablet to the internet.  I did not want to be forced into buggy updates.  Unfortunately the blinking HD issue evidently  preceded even my purchase date!  :\
2017-11-11
Use props
Wailer
lvl.1
United States

Wailer Posted at 2017-2-10 04:51
My HD started blinking RED with full good bars when I was 3000 feet from home over water.  No error messages.  I hit RTH, and it would not return.  Put it into sport mode and flew home with HD blinking RED until shutdown.  I too, would REALLY like to know what this is supposed to be telling us.  Nothing in the manual, and so far, no explaination from DJI or the forums.  I'm suspecting an app problem as well.  I'd hate to be wrong and do the wrong thing that far away!  :\

11/11/2017 UPDATE:  Turns out my RTH issue was related to a low sun angle with it located behind me  (in relation to the Mavic).  It was seeing the sun as an obstruction.  Switching to Sport Mode turned off all collision avoidance and allowed me to fly it home with no problem.  Would still like to know why my HD symbol blinks.  MONTHS later and no solution?  One reason I NEVER connected my flight tablet to the internet.  I did not want to be forced into buggy updates.  Unfortunately the blinking HD issue evidently  preceded even my purchase date!  :\  The only thing I seemed to have given up by not doing updates is headtracking in my (newer) DJI goggles, which would be nice to have, but I can live without.  I CAN us FLIGHT headtracking with the goggles to control aircraft left and right turns, but that is really not that helpful for photography.  It reacts very slowly.  Other than that, I have no issues on Android with an older version (prior to DJI making updates mandatory, back in March, 2017, I believe.)
2017-11-11
Use props
$gambino$
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1563980 ft
United States

The blinkimg hd icon is not an issue...at all. All it is telling is there is interference in the area . If u google u will find posts on it. Ive done humdreds of flights dont worry about it. As its a non issue
2017-11-11
Use props
Speedypickup
lvl.2
Flight distance : 372024 ft
United States

I had the same issue as many others on this forum. For the first time this evening, I went out to fly, same as always, and within about 1,200 feet away, the Remote Controller icon started blinking on my DJI Go 4 app on my Android phone, even though the signal bars showed 5 (full) strength.  Which of course scared me, wondering what was going on, so I immediately returned back home.  I shut it off, and then went back outside maybe an hour later and tried it again, and when I started flying, everything was normal, but within 1,200-1,400 feet away, the same problem occurred.  So annoying, all these issues.....
2017-12-1
Use props
fans22d71c68
New
Flight distance : 102726 ft
Aruba

Hi everyone
2018-1-22
Use props
fans22d71c68
New
Flight distance : 102726 ft
Aruba

I wanna know something about dji mavic pro drone
, when i fly my dji mavic and in my dji go4 app the remote controller sign begin to blink, what that meaning???
2018-1-22
Use props
djiNE0
lvl.2
Flight distance : 9833 ft
United States

Got the same issue here too.... DJI any fix on this?
2018-1-22
Use props
Brad Bilger
lvl.4
Flight distance : 14843274 ft
United States

Vixus Posted at 2016-12-23 11:10
I got the same thing the other day. I wish there were a comprehensive manual online for the app that would explain this.

I've searched.. the best I've been able to find is:

https://store.dji.com/guides/dji-go-4-manual/

2018-1-22
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules