Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
Blinking RC and HD icons
12Next >
14071 76 2016-12-23
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Mir
lvl.4
Flight distance : 2718491 ft
  • >>>
United States

So yesterday I was testing out my tablet for flying the mavic (nvidia shield k1) and I noticed that the "HD" and "RC" icons at the top were taking turns blinking. It was very distracting, and I don't know why it was doing this since each signal had their bars either full, or near full.

So what's the purpose of it? I later tested a flight with my regular device (Samsung Note 3) and it wasn't doing this... so this must be a tablet feature I suppose.
2016-12-23
Use props
Harbourside
Second Officer
Flight distance : 6467 ft
United Kingdom

I am not 100% sure, but I had the Red Hd symbol flashing today while checking out the new app update, I also had the magnetic interference warning on the screen. I put it down to the Mavic sitting on my desk arms folded and surrounded by other devices. Not had any trouble when flying out in the open air.
2016-12-23
Use props
Vixus
lvl.2

Canada

I got the same thing the other day. I wish there were a comprehensive manual online for the app that would explain this.
2016-12-23
Use props
MuzzDrone
lvl.2
Flight distance : 105758 ft

New Zealand

Today I had the RC icon doing the same thing for an entire flight even though it had full bars of reception. Bought Mavic in, shut it down and reconnected it and then the icon stopped blinking. I have no idea what it means either.
2016-12-24
Use props
dalAaNc7i73t
lvl.2
Flight distance : 321988 ft
Hong Kong

me too, anyone know the explaination?
2016-12-25
Use props
fans29daa26c
lvl.1

Thailand

i would like to know aswell.
2016-12-25
Use props
DRONE-flies-YOU
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1450594 ft
United States

Looks like it's when there's interference detected. I can alter the blinking if I turn OFF my wifi router (I'm flying near my house), or fly at the park (or somewhere with very little 2.4 going on).  

So, I believe this to be a new feature that is showing both the control & video interference signals.  This could definitely help with determining issues with range if utilized correctly.
2016-12-25
Use props
dalAaNc7i73t
lvl.2
Hong Kong

But once it start blanking, it won't stop, until you land and restart the drone, if this indictate interference, it should be stop blinking when drone close to you.
2016-12-25
Use props
dalAaNc7i73t
lvl.2
Hong Kong

I tried couple of time, when take off, the icon is solid, but after I take it to 100M height, it start blinks even I bring it back to above ground level. The only way to stop the blinking is land and restart the app.
2016-12-25
Use props
DRONE-flies-YOU
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1450594 ft
United States

dalAaNc7i73t Posted at 2016-12-25 10:25
But once it start blanking, it won't stop, until you land and restart the drone, if this indictate interference, it should be stop blinking when drone close to you.

Yea, it is not consistent, like a few things in this app hahaha.

Try going into the HD menu & switching from AUTO to CUSTOM and altering settings.  Observe the blinking icons and see if your changes make a difference.  

I don't notice a loss of range or signal break-ups, nonetheless.  The blinking STOPS for me as I get farther out...  sometimes.  I'll test more in a bit after it warms up.  This is new in 4.0.1 for Android.
2016-12-25
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
Flight distance : 7 ft
  • >>>

Normally, when there's interference detected, the "HD" and "RC" icons will blinking. Did you get any error message when they were blinking?
2016-12-26
Use props
dalAaNc7i73t
lvl.2
Hong Kong

No,if this is the case, the blinking should be stop after the drone come back just next to me, but actually not, it won't stop until I restart the app.
2016-12-26
Use props
Mir
lvl.4
  • >>>
United States

DJI Mindy Posted at 2016-12-26 04:12
Normally, when there's interference detected, the "HD" and "RC" icons will blinking. Did you get any error message when they were blinking?

There no messages or notifications at all when they are blinking
2016-12-26
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
Flight distance : 7 ft
  • >>>

Mir Posted at 2016-12-27 01:29
There no messages or notifications at all when they are blinking

Thanks. I'll help to report this.
2016-12-26
Use props
neighbor3
New
Flight distance : 16663 ft
China

Don't worry. It means that the UAV or the RC encounters radio interference.
2016-12-27
Use props
neighbor3
New
China

When the icons blinking, radio interference is detected. "HD" blinking means UAV encounters radio interference, while "RC" blinking means remote controller encounters radio interference. The interference is too weak to let the users feel. But if it becomes stronger, users may find that the video quality decreases, then some tips may occur to inform the users to take care.
2016-12-27
Use props
Mir
lvl.4
  • >>>
United States

neighbor3 Posted at 2016-12-27 04:37
When the icons blinking, radio interference is detected. "HD" blinking means UAV encounters radio interference, while "RC" blinking means remote controller encounters radio interference. The interference is too weak to let the users feel. But if it becomes stronger, users may find that the video quality decreases, then some tips may occur to inform the users to take care.

Thanks for the info, do you work for DJI?
2016-12-27
Use props
dalAaNc7i73t
lvl.2
Hong Kong

I don't think this can explain the issue, when I take off, the icon is solid, if this mean no interference, after fly it away, until it start to blink, I bring it back, the blinking should be stopped, because no interference around me, but the fact is, it won't.  Obviously, this is the apps problem....
2016-12-27
Use props
neighbor3
New
China

Mir Posted at 2016-12-28 02:15
Thanks for the info, do you work for DJI?

2016-12-27
Use props
neighbor3
New
China

dalAaNc7i73t Posted at 2016-12-28 09:10
I don't think this can explain the issue, when I take off, the icon is solid, if this mean no interference, after fly it away, until it start to blink, I bring it back, the blinking should be stopped, because no interference around me, but the fact is, it won't.  Obviously, this is the apps problem....

The interference is time variable, as well as location variable. You may change a location or another time to try again.
2016-12-27
Use props
nbookie
lvl.1

United States

Mine does this 3 out of 4 flights every day regardless where I'm flying. The link below shows a new issue that is related. No signal bars at 10 feet from the controller regardless where I fly. Damen as blinking. It will kick into RTH if you let it go long enough. It's done it twice to me even though I had full control (except could not exit rth) from the time rth kicked in until it landed at home. The first time it did this I was 20 feet away and home was 45 feet away.

I'm saying it's a bug unless someone can reproduce it with as part of a design feature.

https://forum.dji.com/thread-79298-1-1.html?mobile=2
2017-1-6
Use props
Nees
lvl.4
Flight distance : 80991 ft
Belgium

Same here, just went flying, started blinking. Brought drone back like 3Ms from mee, still blinking. Landed it, took it inside (still powered on), still blinking...
2017-1-7
Use props
Atilla BALCI
lvl.2
Flight distance : 282080 ft
Turkey

is there any update for this situation? i have same issue at the field in the middle of nowhere. no gsm tower or house or something. it start blinking 300mt high with full HD signal bars and never stop till the power off.
2017-2-1
Use props
Angelo26
lvl.4
Flight distance : 799718 ft
Austria

I have no blinking, but RC-bars are grayed out on my smartphone but shows full bars on RC .............. Never had this with DJI GO 3 but now always with DJI GO 4 ................. sloppy programming ..........
2017-2-1
Use props
Wailer
lvl.1
United States

My HD started blinking RED with full good bars when I was 3000 feet from home over water.  No error messages.  I hit RTH, and it would not return.  Put it into sport mode and flew home with HD blinking RED until shutdown.  I too, would REALLY like to know what this is supposed to be telling us.  Nothing in the manual, and so far, no explaination from DJI or the forums.  I'm suspecting an app problem as well.  I'd hate to be wrong and do the wrong thing that far away!  :\
2017-2-10
Use props
Vin829
lvl.2

United States

Yep, mine also blink sometimes around 1500+ feet out. Not very far
2017-2-10
Use props
daivatam
lvl.3
Flight distance : 473389 ft
Romania

blink blink mine also ...almost every time I fly
2017-2-10
Use props
Heineken
lvl.2
Flight distance : 4755367 ft
Sweden

I have the same problem with the HD icon for tow days now. When i clear all warings in the app its stop flashing.
2017-3-13
Use props
Kslank76
lvl.1
United States

I live out in the middle of no where and I know there is zero interference.  My HD bars and RC bars blink randomly every single flight.  In places where I would think there would be interference,  sometimes I get nothing, solid icons with no flashing.  This has to be an app issue.
2017-3-15
Use props
pseudeep
New
Flight distance : 8048 ft
United States

I have the same issue. The HD and/or the RC will start blinking and will not stop until I land the drone and restart the DJI Go 4 app. And then the cycle starts all over again but at random times. Appreciate any help!
2017-3-28
Use props
fans3b74e540
lvl.1
Flight distance : 88960 ft
United States

It isn't clear to me if this msg/warning/blinking HD or RC is an actionable msg. Or in other words, should you bring the machine home, land, re-cycle power, and continue flying? Or is it something to be disregarded until another more serious msg is received? Thanks!
2017-4-2
Use props
Fifa
lvl.4
Flight distance : 2623196 ft
United Kingdom

Hi Guys, I've just noticed the same problem with my Mavic. But If I exit the app even during hovering and lauch it again, the icon stops blinking. I don't need to switch off the aicraft. So I would say it definitely looks like an app issue.
2017-4-15
Use props
fansebe7d662
lvl.2
United States

Hate to bring this topic back but did DJI ever fix this with software? The it is confirm interference is cousin the signal.  Could this be the cause  of drone lost.
2017-4-17
Use props
fans4c136e57
lvl.1
United Kingdom

Flew mine today for first time, RC signal was flashing throughout also getting warnings on screen about interference,and several times the drone would suddenly brake mid flight for no reason and controller beeped as though there was an obstacle in the open sky..  any answers DJI mods ?
2017-4-22
Use props
DroneFlying
lvl.4
Flight distance : 10774613 ft
United States

fans4c136e57 Posted at 2017-4-22 13:23
Flew mine today for first time, RC signal was flashing throughout also getting warnings on screen about interference,and several times the drone would suddenly brake mid flight for no reason and controller beeped as though there was an obstacle in the open sky..  any answers DJI mods ?

The two things (interference / flashing icons and false positives on the OA) are probably unrelated. By any chance was your Mavic facing the sun or some other relatively bright light source when it stopped due to OA? If so, it's a known and widespread problem.
2017-4-22
Use props
MajorDisaster
lvl.1
United Kingdom

DroneFlying Posted at 2017-4-22 13:25
The two things (interference / flashing icons and false positives on the OA) are probably unrelated. By any chance was your Mavic facing the sun or some other relatively bright light source when it stopped due to OA? If so, it's a known and widespread problem.

Thanks for the answer,  yes it was flying towards the sun, now this makes sense,
2017-4-23
Use props
fansaabfbc93
lvl.1
Flight distance : 140814 ft
Germany

MajorDisaster Posted at 2017-4-23 02:58
Thanks for the answer,  yes it was flying towards the sun, now this makes sense,

Maybe the blinking was fixed - when I fly it starts blinking sometimes but it also stops during flight.. and then may or may not start again. Which seems like working fine to me. Can someone else report if this is beeing fixed with the latest updates?
2017-4-27
Use props
CuaC
lvl.4
Flight distance : 369626 ft
Germany

I think is an issue with the app, whenever is triggered on by a random interference, then it never goes back to normal. I've had this sometimes when launching the app, mavic on the ground etc. Restart the app and the blinking will go away.

It's not a trustworthy indicator.
2017-4-27
Use props
fans59cde44a
lvl.1
Flight distance : 440 ft
United States

Has there been any  updates to the blinking icon issue.   Is it real, or just an app  bug?  i.e.   If you have full bars,  if it is blinking, are  you still at   full strength  signal?
2017-5-4
Use props
DJI-Ken
DJI team
Flight distance : 1515312 ft
  • >>>
United States

fans59cde44a Posted at 2017-5-4 10:58
Has there been any  updates to the blinking icon issue.   Is it real, or just an app  bug?  i.e.   If you have full bars,  if it is blinking, are  you still at   full strength  signal?

I've inquired about it.
2017-5-5
Use props
12Next >
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules