Xperia Z2 tablet and compass bug
1972 3 2015-2-13
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
argykaraz
lvl.2
Flight distance : 1108356 ft
Singapore

I own that beautifull machine that i like to call "dragon". (It looks like a dragon if you ask me).

Anyway, i have found a small bug. I recently bought the xperia z2 tablet 10". DJI pilot app works absolutelly fine but the only thing is the compass..

I open the map and i unlock the compass from the top right corner of the app, so it should rotate the map as i rotate myself. Well.. It does rotate the map.. But not as it should be.. When i point my tablet to the EAST, the app points to the South. It is EXACTLY 90 degrees wrong. So i was thinking about the orientation of the tablet could be a problem. So i opened google maps and i did the same. It shows what it should show. When i point my self to the EAST, google maps also point the EAST and not SOUTH. I thought DJI would fix such a thing in the next update, so since they didnt i suppose that they didnt know about that.
Anyone else has the same problem with their tablets? Is it really a bug or is it something i am doing wrong? Is it a setting or what? I find it really usefull to have the map orientated correctly because when i fly my Dragon i point my TX to its direction and having the map corrected would help a lot when i move.

2015-2-13
Use props
pauldean85.goog
lvl.3

United Kingdom

I have EXACTLY the same problem with my Xperia Z2 too.

The compass is always 90 degrees out from the correct location.

In a way I'm glad to learn I'm not the only one!
2015-2-13
Use props
argykaraz
lvl.2
Flight distance : 1108356 ft
Singapore

To be honest i am also glad that this is not my tablets problem.
I just updated my app today and i now have version 1.0.6 but the problem persists. How can i report it to DJI?
2015-2-13
Use props
vr-pilot
lvl.4
Flight distance : 4668169 ft

Picking up this older thread I really want DJI now to answer this question or at least react on it, because I can nowhere find a solutiuon but the problem persists (even now in DJI GO v2.8.0) for many users:
Partial quote of my post from another thread (http://forum.dji.com/forum.php?m ... 0777&fromuid=127639):

On my Samsung S7 phone everything works fine:  in the "unlocked map view mode" the heading of the radar drone symbol, the red drone on the map and the orientation of the phone mounted to the RC are corresponding.
BUT: with my Sony Xperia Z4 tablet there is  a 90 degrees orientation mismatch between the drone heading and the tablet's orientation.
This fault indeed seems to be related to the misinterpretation of landscape (Android tablet) and portrait (Android phone) display mode by the DJI pilot app. The result: the Google map itself (including the red arrow drone symbols) is always turned by 90 degrees to the left (counter clockwise) when using an Android tablet.
I notice that the DJI pilot app on my Samsung S7 starts in a fixed portrait mode (aircraft selection page) and than switches (by rotating right=clockwise) into the actual aircraft view via fixed/forced landscape mode automatically.
Is it possible that a suppressed clockwise display rotation on Android tablets leads to the map view being completely locked in a "virtual" portrait mode? (=left side of display is actually treated as the upper display side?)
I really searched many threads for an answer: most stop without a solution or they say that an iPad might be the only help. But in this thread (http://forum.dji.com/forum.php?m ... 0668&fromuid=127639) even an iPad mini2 shows this malfunction...
Is there a solution for tablets?
2016-4-26
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules