Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
First test flight using DJI G0 4.0.1 Cinematic...
1398 7 2016-12-23
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
JtrJr-UAV Pilot
Captain
Flight distance : 4341 ft
United States

First test flight using DJI G0 4.0.1 Cinematic flight mode. I only got a chance to burn off one battery, the weather here has been trash. It's nothing special, just a simple test to see what the video looks like from the Mavic. Seemed to fly well but the Here maps still weren't working. Noticed the horizon is off again and I did ALL calibrations and I'm on the latest firmware. I recorded at 2.7k and dropped it down to 1080p to post but I didn't do any other editing except for cutting the clips.

Jerry

2016-12-23
Use props
flipside
lvl.3

Spain

What is the cinematic mode?
2016-12-23
Use props
JtrJr-UAV Pilot
Captain
Flight distance : 4341 ft
United States

flipside Posted at 2016-12-23 17:39
What is the cinematic mode?

Flip,

It's a new flight mode, kind of like tripod mode, that they put in the new version of DJI Go. It slows everything down a bit.

Jerry
2016-12-23
Use props
colonel00
lvl.3

United States

I haven't tried it yet.  Is it basically just a slightly faster tripod mode?  Does it control anything else aside from flight controls (gimble speed, camera settings, etc)?
2016-12-23
Use props
Jason Lane
Second Officer
Flight distance : 260144 ft
Philippines

Aside from slowing things down, it also adds a "feathering" to when you release a control input. eg. If you're flying forward, then let go of the stick, it will slow down more gradually. This was already a separate option for the gimbal tilt, but the new Cinema flight mode adds the feathering to the aircraft's movements (although I can't remember if it applies to all directions, or just some of them).
2016-12-23
Use props
trance728-
First Officer
Flight distance : 298048 ft
  • >>>
United States

Jason Lane Posted at 2016-12-23 22:18
Aside from slowing things down, it also adds a "feathering" to when you release a control input. eg. If you're flying forward, then let go of the stick, it will slow down more gradually. This was already a separate option for the gimbal tilt, but the new Cinema flight mode adds the feathering to the aircraft's movements (although I can't remember if it applies to all directions, or just some of them).

I thought it was gonna be something special, sounds like it's just running how I set my Mavic up when I adjusted the Exp and Sensitivity. Guess that's good to have a fast switch to that.
2016-12-23
Use props
colonel00
lvl.3

United States

Ah, kinda like my suggestion in another thread about "Profiles" where you can have settings for different situations.  Instead of DJI making their own, it would be nice if we could just save our own as we find what we like for different situations.
2016-12-23
Use props
trance728-
First Officer
Flight distance : 298048 ft
  • >>>
United States

colonel00 Posted at 2016-12-23 23:12
Ah, kinda like my suggestion in another thread about "Profiles" where you can have settings for different situations.  Instead of DJI making their own, it would be nice if we could just save our own as we find what we like for different situations.

Agreed, that would be great,and color profiles too.
2016-12-23
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules