Simulator
2282 17 2016-12-23
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
BeamMeUpScotty
lvl.2
Flight distance : 20446 ft
United States

Anybody learn anything from using the simulator.  Are we supposed to complete certain tasks on the simulator to qualify?
2016-12-23
Use props
DJI-Jamie
DJI team
Flight distance : 112405 ft
United States

It's mostly to get used to the controls freely, there aren't any tasks for you to complete.
2016-12-23
Use props
fansaae00df2
lvl.1

United States

Agree/\ it helps people with the controls when the drone is facing you if you are not familiar with it
2016-12-23
Use props
fansaae00df2
lvl.1

United States

Agree/\ it helps people with the controls when the drone is facing you if you are not familiar with it
2016-12-23
Use props
fansebf92ffe
lvl.2
Flight distance : 107011 ft
Australia

I have the P4P+ and find the simulator pretty useless due to the lag that exists when controlling it.
2016-12-24
Use props
RedHotPoker
Captain
Flight distance : 165105 ft
Canada

If the DJI onboard SIM isn't specific enough, or up to your desire, buy a flight SIM that provides your wishes.
My choice happens to be www.realflight.com I have RealFlight 6.5 and RealFlight Drone.

Recently they brought out RealFlight X with graphics you won't believe, how awesome they look. Amazing.
YouTube has numerous videos depicting all versions, and other SIM programs too. Like http://www.phoenix-sim.com which many folks appreciate.

The DJI SIM can be utilized to try various scenarios, practice stick control, even drain your flight batteries for deep cycles.
It may be limited, but it is definitely useful. Don't discount it completely. It does have its unique advantages.

RedHotPoker

2016-12-24
Use props
fansebf92ffe
lvl.2
Flight distance : 107011 ft
Australia

RedHotPoker Posted at 2016-12-24 17:00
If the DJI onboard SIM isn't specific enough, or up to your desire, buy a flight SIM that provides your wishes.
My choise happens to be www.realflight.com I have RealFlight 6.5 and RealFlight Drone.

Hi RHP, thanks for your input and suggestion on the SIM.

I'm not overly concerned that the simulator doesn't work well on the P4P+, I just thought that if DJI are going to provide customers with a particular feature, thy should make sure it works well.

I also think the issue of lag only exists on the P4P+, not any other models.
2016-12-24
Use props
RedHotPoker
Captain
Canada

fansebf92ffe Posted at 2016-12-24 03:22

I'm not overly concerned that the simulator doesn't work well on the P4P+, I just thought that if DJI are going to provide customers with a particular feature, thy should make sure it works well.

Sorry, your use of it, leaves a bit to be desired. But it does work well, with other models of DJI drones/devices.
As I have no specific experiences with the new P4P+, my suggestions and thoughts are only in general.
I never found the DJI SIM to be my favourite, but with RealFlight SIM experience prior, it was less than what I had hoped for. As I stated, it does have its usefulness though, and I'm happy that it has been included. I like it particularly for draining my flight batteries and trying different scenarios. There are no Phantom drones in RealFlight Drone, so it has its place in my home. And gives those new pilots a great way to practice flying safety. On a rainy day, or cold days of winter months, you will find it helpful, provided the latency issues can be fixed. Yes, perhaps even in the next firmware update.

RedHotPoker
2016-12-24
Use props
Nigelbrinkmann
Second Officer
Flight distance : 586391 ft
Australia

fansebf92ffe Posted at 2016-12-24 18:22

Hi, the two/three sims that RedHotPoker suggested are the most popular affordable sims, I have RealFlight and Phoenix simulators Realflight is better in my opinion, I use them to practice helicopter hard core 3D aerobatics, with a drone especially with the phantom 4 and 4plus these are the easiest drones to fly, you will get very bored with the sim if you just buy the sim for the drone flying.
2016-12-24
Use props
BeamMeUpScotty
lvl.2
United States

fansebf92ffe Posted at 2016-12-24 16:49
I have the P4P+ and find the simulator pretty useless due to the lag that exists when controlling it.

With the rain I have not been able to fly my brand new P4P+ which I got yesterday Morning.  I noticed the simulator was constantly braking and saying that pushing the joystick was useless.  It was actually creating a little bit of fear rather than comfort.  Hopefully it is the lag you are referring to.  Thanks for the response.
2016-12-24
Use props
BeamMeUpScotty
lvl.2
United States

RedHotPoker Posted at 2016-12-24 17:00
My choise happens to be www.realflight.com I have RealFlight 6.5 and RealFlight Drone.

Red Hot Poker Face, I thought I was doing something wrong.  As Mike Mullane used to say about the space shuttle..."it was like flying a brick!"  I definitely have to check out that simulator.  It still just might be me!
2016-12-24
Use props
BeamMeUpScotty
lvl.2
United States

Nigelbrinkmann Posted at 2016-12-24 20:42
Hi, the two/three sims that RedHotPoker suggested are the most popular affordable sims, I have RealFlight and Phoenix simulators Realflight is better in my opinion, I use them to practice helicopter hard core 3D aerobatics, with a drone especially with the phantom 4 and 4plus these are the easiest drones to fly, you will get very bored with the sim if you just buy the sim for the drone flying.

I really appreciate the alternative Sim's. Thanks!
2016-12-24
Use props
BeamMeUpScotty
lvl.2
United States

RedHotPoker Posted at 2016-12-24 18:54
Sorry, your use of it, leaves a bit to be desired. But it does work well, with other models of DJI drones/devices.
As I have no specific experiences with the new P4P+, my suggestions and thoughts are only in general.
I never found the DJI SIM to be my favourite, but with RealFlight SIM experience prior, it was less than what I had hoped for. As I stated, it does have its usefulness though, and I'm happy that it has been included. I like it particularly for draining my flight batteries and trying different scenarios. There are no Phantom drones in RealFlight Drone, so it has its place in my home. And gives those new pilots a great way to practice flying safety. On s rainy day, or cold days of winter months, you will find it helpful, provided the latency issues can be fixed. Yes, perhaps even in the next firmware update.

Using it to drain a battery is a great idea!
2016-12-24
Use props
RedHotPoker
Captain
Canada

BeamMeUpScotty Posted at 2016-12-24 09:57
Using it to drain a battery is a great idea!

Something to consider. Unlike while flying in the skies above, your drone running, sitting idle will tend to warm up pretty good. So, whenever utilizing my onboard SIM, I place the Phantom 3 Pro', on top of an upturned fan. The flowing air around the drone will help keep it a bit cooler than without that cooling breeze. ;-)

Please Enjoy the flight, Gentlemen...  Ha

RedHotPoker
2016-12-24
Use props
marctronixx
lvl.4
Flight distance : 210118 ft
  • >>>
United States

ive the p4p+,

the onboard dji simulator, does the drone have to be running with props on? can i complete the simulator in the house or do i need to be outside?
2016-12-24
Use props
Nigelbrinkmann
Second Officer
Flight distance : 586391 ft
Australia

marctronixx Posted at 2016-12-25 07:26
ive the p4p+,

the onboard dji simulator, does the drone have to be running with props on? can i complete the simulator in the house or do i need to be outside?

You use it indoors with the phantom on, no props nessssary.
2016-12-24
Use props
RedHotPoker
Captain
Canada

marctronixx Posted at 2016-12-24 16:26
ive the p4p+,

Yes, you need to have the drone turned on, but not running. Preferably with the props off, as there is always the danger of it flying. Definately for indoor use, but if it was during summer and the sky is clear, not raining, you could fly it outdoors too. No difference.

RedHotPoker
2016-12-24
Use props
BeamMeUpScotty
lvl.2
United States

Well I got to fly the P4P+ and it definitely flies a whole lot easier than the simulator.  Thank Goodness.  The sim does help you get use to the joysticks, so it does have a purpose especially for first time flyers.
2016-12-25
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules