123Next >
25160 116 2016-12-24
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
DJI Natalia
Administrator
Flight distance : 318 ft

fans06257e97 Posted at 2017-2-15 05:35
i've bought a Phantom 4 pro plus 2 months ago and since de first flight, there is the same problem. Yesterday the drone became totally crazy in the air, flying in high velocity when lost gps signal. i'm trying to contact assistance DJI in Brazil, but they tell me that they can't do nothing.

May I know where is your location and where you purchased the drone?
2017-2-17
Use props
oraugas
New

United States

I recently bought the phantom 4 pro. On the third flight it did basically the same thing. It was clear line of sight approx. 300 ft away at 60 ft elevation. Display said, lost signal with RC then RTH.
Home was on the other side of a building and the drone without raising elevation took off directly to home and smashed into the side of the building which was approx. 40' tall.
It has been sent back to DJI for warranty.
2017-2-17
Use props
Vasilis
lvl.1
Flight distance : 163658 ft
Greece

It seems like the GPS module voltage-current is marginal and when it drops slightly it shuts down the GPS. Then the voltage-current builds up and the GPS powers on.  And this can happen lot of time in a minute. I guess DJI did extensive research to save power and increase the fight time but the over do it. I hope it can be fixed with a firmware update because it distracts you from filming and wastes valuable fight time apart from been dangerous loosing the drone if it is far away.
2017-2-17
Use props
Geebax
Captain
Australia

Vasilis Posted at 2017-2-17 14:25
It seems like the GPS module voltage-current is marginal and when it drops slightly it shuts down the GPS. Then the voltage-current builds up and the GPS powers on.  And this can happen lot of time in a minute. I guess DJI did extensive research to save power and increase the fight time but the over do it. I hope it can be fixed with a firmware update because it distracts you from filming and wastes valuable fight time apart from been dangerous loosing the drone if it is far away.

Sorry, but that is a lot of technical mumbo-jumbo and has no factual basis.
2017-2-17
Use props
Vasilis
lvl.1
Flight distance : 163658 ft
Greece

Geebax Posted at 2017-2-17 14:36
Sorry, but that is a lot of technical mumbo-jumbo and has no factual basis.

You might be right. I'm just trying to find out what the hell is happening.   One minute you have 15 satellites and in a second you're in ATTI.  And this can loop constantly. Like someone is flipping  the switch from P to A. Let's hope is not a hardware problem.
2017-2-17
Use props
tydoblanko-sp
lvl.1
Flight distance : 1036253 ft
Canada

DJI Natalia Posted at 2016-12-30 00:25
Sorry the correct e-mail address should be , please double check it and make sure it's sent out successfully.

When recalibrating and testing the drone it flew away on me. Please see my thread on this.

http://forum.dji.com/thread-85523-1-1.html

Any way to get a replacement?
2017-2-18
Use props
Geebax
Captain
Australia

To all the posters doing a "me too, my drone flew away' in this post, you are hijacking someone's elses' thread. It is bad manners and often means the original poster does not get his/her problem addressed. If you want to report an incident, start your own thread.
2017-2-18
Use props
DRONERDS
lvl.1
Flight distance : 3009616 ft
  • >>>
Brazil

DJI Natalia Posted at 2017-2-17 03:08

Now i'm in Brazil.
2017-2-23
Use props
DJI Natalia
Administrator

Have you exported the flight log and contact our tech support via support.us@dji.com for data analysis?
2017-2-23
Use props
tydoblanko-sp
lvl.1
Flight distance : 1036253 ft
Canada

DJI Natalia Posted at 2017-2-23 23:05
Have you exported the flight log and contact our tech support via  for data analysis?

Yes, case number  CAS-469592-R7C7Z4
2017-2-24
Use props
DJI Natalia
Administrator

tydoblanko-sp Posted at 2017-2-24 06:22
Yes, case number  CAS-469592-R7C7Z4

Thanks, it's under progress now, our support will contact you with the data analysis result once it's analyzed.
2017-2-25
Use props
WRBarker
New
United States

I am having the exact same issue with the P4P my business uses under 107/333. Has there been any progress on this?
2017-3-13
Use props
fansb78cdee0
lvl.1

United States

Having same issues lately.  
2017-3-18
Use props
fansca0f4ad2
lvl.1
Flight distance : 286972 ft
United States

Send problem
2017-3-18
Use props
fansca0f4ad2
lvl.1
United States

Labroides Posted at 2016-12-24 14:57
No that has absolutely nothing to do with reception of GPS satellite signals.

Let me no if fixe ,I have the send problems
2017-3-18
Use props
fansca0f4ad2
lvl.1
United States

Let me no ,I have send problem
2017-3-18
Use props
fansca0f4ad2
lvl.1
United States

Hi,send problen
2017-3-18
Use props
Double D
lvl.1
Flight distance : 15673 ft
New Zealand

DJI Natalia Posted at 2016-12-30 00:25
Sorry the correct e-mail address should be , please double check it and make sure it's sent out successfully.

HI , Ive had this she problem of loosing GPS mid Flight and Now I don't get GPS connection at all ....ive come to New Zealand from Mumbai on vacation and now I can't even use the drone as it just won't get GPS connection and won't take off...I mailed DJI and Ellen form support has asked me to send the Drone to Honk Kong for repairs ...and she mentioned that DJI would asses the repair and or damage cost and give me a quote ...????? WHY ??? the drone is a month and a few weeks old and has never crashed nor have I damaged the drone .I mentioned that I've had this problem from the day I bought the drone ... I PAID $2850 for the Phantom 4 Pro in Mumbai more than the actual price of the drone from an Authorized DJI dealer .. how can you guys ask me to pay more money ?
2017-3-20
Use props
DJI Natalia
Administrator

Double D Posted at 2017-3-20 01:14
HI , Ive had this she problem of loosing GPS mid Flight and Now I don't get GPS connection at all ....ive come to New Zealand from Mumbai on vacation and now I can't even use the drone as it just won't get GPS connection and won't take off...I mailed DJI and Ellen form support has asked me to send the Drone to Honk Kong for repairs ...and she mentioned that DJI would asses the repair and or damage cost and give me a quote ...????? WHY ??? the drone is a month and a few weeks old and has never crashed nor have I damaged the drone .I mentioned that I've had this problem from the day I bought the drone ... I PAID $2850 for the Phantom 4 Pro in Mumbai more than the actual price of the drone from an Authorized DJI dealer .. how can you guys ask me to pay more money ?

We can understand how you feel, deeply sorry to hear about the issue.
Since you purchased it in Mumbai, to get it repaired, you need to send it in to HK, after it arrives, our engineers will evaluate it firstly, if the issue is caused by product faulty, then it will be repaired for free, we'll send you an e-mail with the invoice after evaluation as well.
2017-3-20
Use props
DRONERDS
lvl.1
Flight distance : 3009616 ft
  • >>>
Brazil

DJI Natalia Posted at 2017-2-17 03:08

I'm in Brazil and bought drone from DJI website in New Jersey
2017-3-20
Use props
DJI Natalia
Administrator

DRONERDS Posted at 2017-3-20 06:07
I'm in Brazil and bought drone from DJI website in New Jersey

Please send an e-mail to support.us@dji.com, our tech support will help you handle it.
2017-3-21
Use props
GustavL
lvl.2
Flight distance : 1322064 ft
South Africa

Seems to me quite a few people have this "loss of GPS" problem.
I flew two days ago in wide open area with 15 satellites and next moment the P4Pro went into ATTI mode. The 15 satellites still showed on the DJI Go4 app, but there were zero bars on the icon.
I flew it manually closer to me and the vision sensors kicked in and kept it from drifting away. During this time the app still showed 15 - 16 sats.
After about 3 minutes the GPS kicked in again and the satellite bar filled up and everything was normal.
This stresses me out as I don't know when this will happen next.
2017-3-21
Use props
yoengel
Second Officer
Flight distance : 2370988 ft
  • >>>
United States

GustavL Posted at 2017-3-21 01:57
Seems to me quite a few people have this "loss of GPS" problem.
I flew two days ago in wide open area with 15 satellites and next moment the P4Pro went into ATTI mode. The 15 satellites still showed on the DJI Go4 app, but there were zero bars on the icon.
I flew it manually closer to me and the vision sensors kicked in and kept it from drifting away. During this time the app still showed 15 - 16 sats.

My brand new P4P started getting IMU exception and losing GPS signal right after launch, and it keeps switching to ATTI mode so I had to bring it down manually.  Is this a common issue?  I will return the one I have but trying to decide to if I should get another P4P or try a different brand altogether.
We also flew my friend's Mavic and it was fine, so it's not related to the environment.
2017-3-24
Use props
Double D
lvl.1
Flight distance : 15673 ft
India

yoengel Posted at 2017-3-24 12:24
My brand new P4P started getting IMU exception and losing GPS signal right after launch, and it keeps switching to ATTI mode so I had to bring it down manually.  Is this a common issue?  I will return the one I have but trying to decide to if I should get another P4P or try a different brand altogether.
We also flew my friend's Mavic and it was fine, so it's not related to the environment.

this bloody issues has been going on with mine since the time i got it and i was recently in New Zealand and i didn't get GPS connection at all , My whole vacation and not a single drone shot ....DJI has no answers for this ...after me mailing them so many times
2017-4-2
Use props
user75ce885ccb
lvl.2
Flight distance : 550367 ft
Norway

Have had exactly the same problem! Drona losing in ATTI mode. It resulted in the crasj in a tree and was destroyed. There have been no solution to this problem?
2017-4-15
Use props
user75ce885ccb
lvl.2
Flight distance : 550367 ft
Norway

Have had exactly the same problem! The drona losing in ATTI mode. It resulted in the crasj in a tree and was destroyed. Will there be a solution to this problem?
2017-4-15
Use props
huggy
New

United Kingdom

im forever losing my signal, even lost it once for 2-3 hours,iam from hull in uk bought it from mapplins
2017-4-18
Use props
fallsilent
lvl.4
Flight distance : 336709 ft
Canada

Has anyone noticed if this issue was resolved with the latest firmware 01.03.0509?
2017-4-18
Use props
Antonov
lvl.3
Flight distance : 321857 ft
United Kingdom

Geebax Posted at 2017-1-13 14:05
Iron ore in the ground would have no effect at altitude, and it would not affect the GPS receiver.

That is not correct, I crushed over a lake because of iron on the lake shore. It effects the compass and that causes malfunction on GPS as a result. All things must sync in order to get a stable flight.
2017-4-18
Use props
Antonov
lvl.3
United Kingdom

fans2ddaaf7b Posted at 2017-2-15 11:38
I had this same problem also last weekend, drone (P4P)kept on switcing to atti mode all the time even tere was plenty of satellites, the drone was drifting and almost impossible to fly straight line, the the gps came back and in couple of minutes it went back to atti, this was happening many times untill I lost connection to the drone completely, "aircraft disconnected", luckily the connection.came back in about 30 seconds  and I was able to fly it back manually. the temperature was around 0 degrees celcius.

Watch out the iron over lakes and any buildings around. I flew in Finland and best to keep higher altitude than lower (10m above) and stay away from any big buildings. Weather can be also a factor. Besides over Finland satellites are not many as other congested areas in the world. Try learning to fly in Atti Mode.
2017-4-18
Use props
Geebax
Captain
Australia

Antonov Posted at 2017-4-18 14:56
That is not correct, I crushed over a lake because of iron on the lake shore. It effects the compass and that causes malfunction on GPS as a result. All things must sync in order to get a stable flight.

Then you are mistaken. At altitude, iron ore has no effect on the compass, and absolutely no effect on GPS reception.
2017-4-18
Use props
Antonov
lvl.3
United Kingdom

Geebax Posted at 2017-4-18 15:07
Then you are mistaken. At altitude, iron ore has no effect on the compass, and absolutely no effect on GPS reception.

Do you take off from space?  Each flight takes off from the ground therefore it will be effected until it reaches a certain altitude. Correct!
2017-4-18
Use props
Geebax
Captain
Australia

Antonov Posted at 2017-4-18 15:22
Do you take off from space?  Each flight takes off from the ground therefore it will be effected until it reaches a certain altitude. Correct!

Correct, read what I said. At altitude, the iron ore will have no effect. In any event, I was replying to someone who was thinking the iron ore in the ground would affect the GPS reception. But it is not a good idea to take off from any sort of structure containing ferrous metals, as that can definitely affect the flight.
2017-4-18
Use props
Gulars
New
United States

Yeah i just had it serviced, they replaced the GPS module.
2017-5-6
Use props
allensullivan
lvl.1
Flight distance : 1640 ft
United States

Same problem here in the southeastern US (Georgia and North Carolina) with my P4P+. It loses GPS signal, goes in to ATTI, heads off with the wind direction briefly as I try to counteract that, then luckily usually reconnects to GPS after about 10 seconds. A real pain when it ruins what could be fluid tracking shots over and over.

A Mavic flown by me in the exact same areas has no GPS problem whatsoever, leading me to think the P4P+ has a bad GPS unit. Warranty process about to be initiated.
2017-5-25
Use props
gabriel.magana
lvl.2
Flight distance : 177254 ft
United States

FWIW, I had this exact thing happen to me once, near the end of last year... In New Zealand, too, as others have reported, not sure if Ozone layer depletion is to blame! (that was a joke, before all you tech folks jump on me for posting irrelevant attributions!)

What happened to me was a loss of GPS signal, followed by a loss of video feed about a second later. Only the joysticks worked, so I had to literally eyeball my drone back home and it was terrifying.

After that'it never happened again, and there have been 2 or 3 firmware updates since then. I've been crossing my fingers for that not to happen again. I'm not sure if the problem as a one-time thing, or if it was firmware related...
2017-5-25
Use props
fans0f54eaf6
lvl.2
Flight distance : 5440 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

hi, i had the same problem i 18 sat and it went to 0 and flew side ways ,i thought it was a goner, but it recovered and i flown it since and it be ok ,but i worried that might happen again here's a video
2017-6-7
Use props
fansb5bc742d
New
United States

I recently bought a 4 pro and have been having this problem constantly, all different areas,  interested to hear what the solution is.
2017-6-9
Use props
Waldbjoern
lvl.1
Denmark

I've got a P4P as well, with the exact same issue. It keeps going from full satellit connection, mid air, to atti mode, and starts drifting quickly. It juts back and forth between the two modes. Has there bin any update on this issue if its due to a hardware failure, or if its software? I get GPS disconnect failure in flight. Located in Denmark, drone purchased this January at Build Drones, Jacksonville Florida. Thanks
2017-6-17
Use props
DJI-Jamie
DJI team
Flight distance : 112405 ft
United States

Waldbjoern Posted at 2017-6-17 08:36
I've got a P4P as well, with the exact same issue. It keeps going from full satellit connection, mid air, to atti mode, and starts drifting quickly. It juts back and forth between the two modes. Has there bin any update on this issue if its due to a hardware failure, or if its software? I get GPS disconnect failure in flight. Located in Denmark, drone purchased this January at Build Drones, Jacksonville Florida. Thanks

Has everything been updated firmware wise?
2017-6-17
Use props
123Next >
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules