P4P critical low battery & landing at 34% (P4 battery used)
1088 6 2016-12-24
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Alexdroner
lvl.2

United Kingdom

At arround 41% battery i am 2km away and 499meter altitude, i know it is very risky but...
Anyway i lost singal at 41% and throught it should be returning to home. And after like a mins i got signal back and it was still at the same location, at this point the battery level went down to 35% so i start flying back. At 34% battery level, a tips with a green tick came up, guess what critical low battery!! Whatttttttt.....
When i know it was decending it was too late i lost signal at 444m...
Worst christmas eve ever!

I am not blaming to DJI, i love your product. I believe it might be the smart return to home causes the critial low battery. But i don't understand why it does not RTH when i lost signal at 41%.

Hopefully it does land saftey, and i can find it in the morning according to the last gps location.
By the way the whole flight recorded was 13mins from 100% to 31%, after that it is disconnected. I still can't believe the critical low battery could come up like 12mins after it flew.

Pervious Update:  p4p is recovered at exactly gps last recoreded point not even offset by a meter, i am super impress!!! It is simply amazing, however i will never flew that high again and i was using a p4 battery the crtical low power warning is the second time to pop up, last time it was quite close, it decent and i pulled it back striaght away. But this time it comes up with 34% battery left. I am thinking this is caused by smart return to home as i am so high up, the program know that it properly will not have enough power to fly back and intiated the landing mode even at 34%. It is a shame that i never have this problem with the p4. I want to confirm with a dji repensentive that if i turn the smart return to home off, will it fly until the crtical battery level set? Instead of 34%.

Latest update (Serious informations for ppl using p4 battery on p4p):http://forum.dji.com/thread-77632-1-1.html

I have opened a new thead as it was too long.

2016-12-24
Use props
Steve-76
lvl.4
Flight distance : 175495 ft
United States

wow whats your settings set at.  i only have a phantom 3 standard, my norm bat low is at 30% my critical is set at 15% and takes it about 15 min from full to 30%. flying around not hovor
2016-12-24
Use props
Steve-76
lvl.4
Flight distance : 175495 ft
United States

just remember only fly bat 50% away. and thats in calm wind other wise if you have a tail wind out. and your flying into the wind back you could find it dead in the way back
2016-12-24
Use props
DJI Natalia
Administrator
Flight distance : 318 ft

Alexdroner, very sorry to hear about that, hope you can get it with the gps coordinates.
Do you still remember the settings on your APP for RTH?
2016-12-25
Use props
Alexdroner
lvl.2

United Kingdom

DJI Natalia Posted at 2016-12-25 08:35
Alexdroner, very sorry to hear about that, hope you can get it with the gps coordinates.
Do you still remember the settings on your APP for RTH?

Hi Natalia, I have got the drone back from 2km away (30 mins walk) and in a private park, Yeah! it does landed at the exact last gps coordinates show on ipad. It also landed safety. I am very impress. Yeah the home point was set before take off and rth altitude 100m ,remote control signal lost [return to home], smart rth to home [on], rth remote obstacle avoidance [off]
2016-12-25
Use props
Snowwolfwarrior
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1064780 ft
United Kingdom

I had the same last week, I was in sport mode, battery was about 34% and critical battery showed up, it initiated to land but I was able to cancel it and slowly flew the bird back to me.
2016-12-25
Use props
Alex Tse
lvl.2
Flight distance : 4486240 ft
United Kingdom

Snowwolfwarrior Posted at 2016-12-25 11:03
I had the same last week, I was in sport mode, battery was about 34% and critical battery showed up, it initiated to land but I was able to cancel it and slowly flew the bird back to me.

Did you use p4 battery? May be I can cancel it but it was decenting and I lost signal, I was in sport mode too.
2016-12-25
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules