Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
DRONES CRASHED DIRECTLY DUE TO DJI'S NEW FIRMWARE MALFUNCTIONING ...
1180 3 2016-12-24
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Dr. One
lvl.2
Flight distance : 2673110 ft
United States

My original crash was back 1-2 months ago!

I can't fly still and they want to charge me for my repairs!  this is going to lose me as a DJI customer!   Not only do I have 3 Phantom 3 professionals but  I have 2 mavic pro's on order that also haven't arrived on time!   
I went flying the other day and the drone just fell out of the sky - never seen anything like it before.  
NOW IT HAS HAPPENED 2x!!!   2 drones falling out of the sky in a span of a few weeks - highly unlikely it was pilot error.

I did the preflight checklist and double checked battery....everything was good to go and looked A+ so i took off and checked all systems while hovering for a few seconds everything was 100% normal, with nothing to fear I went to take off and without warning from drone, no noises or light flashing, or the GO app had no kind of prompt that display saying there was something wrong  (It just went to the blank screen that shows when your drone is connected and then the battery is removed) I didn't go up but for 17 seconds and the drone simply fell out of the sky at 54 ft.   

I know this because the logs showed my drone going up and then stopping, more like dropping straight down as if the battery had no power,  at 17 seconds.   

I got to the drone, luckily i was in a field, and it was banged up really good.  I couldn't find part of the gimbal the camera part as it was getting dark - (didn't find anything the next day either, but i did end up finding it a few days later, by which time i had already sent into dji) the battery was still reading a full 3 bars of power and was banged up pretty good and not able to be used again

with all of the evidence i had showing that itwas not my fault Thinking that i would definitely get the drone repaired and the reason i thought this was because it was so obvious on the log and from all the troubles of the new firmware update.  the evidence that proved my case without any other info was what my flight log showed.   it shows me going up and hovering for a moment and then taking off and then dropping out of hte sky - without any CSC movements ever.  So i thought no other way for it to fall directly out of the sky besides the battery being dead or the CSC motion being made.  luckily i thought, the flight records were going to come in handy once again.   

THIS IS NOT THE CASE.

they say that it was out of warranty, from back in september.   BUT WHAT DOES THAT MATTER?   IT WAS A DIRECT CRASH DUE TO DJI SYSTEMS MALFUNCTIONING!!!    IT IS ABSOLUTELY DJI RESPONSIBILTIY TO FIX MY DRONE!   

This is truly testing my good nature because they sent me a bill for $650!   I can buy a brand new one with controller and battery for $150 more from the store if i was going to get shafted by DJI at that point.   why are they refusing to pay for their mistakes?   i called and asked they gave me $90 off - so $560 and i get my old crashed refurbished drone back,  i mean why would i even consider that?  I am considering canceling my mavic pro orders since those too have not arrived on time.   
anyways since i have found out that bad news i was hit with another fall out of hte sky scenario with my second drone!!!!

and they haven't said any reply on this one but the fact is that BOTH DRONES CRASHED DIRECTLY DUE TO DJI'S NEW FIRMWARE MALFUNCTIONING AND THEY WON'T TAKE REPONSIBILITY AND FIX MY DRONES

i will try to find and record and post the flight recording

DJI WHAT IS GOING ON??

2016-12-24
Use props
DJI Natalia
Administrator
Flight distance : 318 ft

Really sorry to hear about the crash, as you can see on the website, we'll not provide data analysis if the product is out of warranty.
Besides, may I have your case number?

w.png
2016-12-24
Use props
Dr. One
lvl.2
Flight distance : 2673110 ft
United States

looks like DJI has changed their stance on the data analysis service - it now applies to malfunctioning firmware updates!
2017-4-29
Use props
x-acto
lvl.2
Flight distance : 837799 ft
United States

Again does dji even test all firmware what causes this
2017-7-28
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules