Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
Assistant 2 failing vision calibration
131726 131726 2016-12-25
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
River One
Second Officer
Flight distance : 7691722 ft
  • >>>
United States

I have never been able to use Assistant 2 with my laptop to calibrate the vision sensors. It always states "Camera failed to connect". While the DJI4 app shows vision systems "normal".
I am somewhat concerned that i have never been able to connect for the vision sensors or use the simulated flight feature on Assistant 2. Any assistance would be appreciated. thanking you in advance.

2016-12-25
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
Flight distance : 7 ft
  • >>>

Hi please try to restore factory defaults and then do the calibration again.
Have you tried another computer?
2016-12-25
Use props
River One
Second Officer
  • >>>
United States

DJI Mindy Posted at 2016-12-25 20:34
Hi please try to restore factory defaults and then do the calibration again.
Have you tried another computer?

Mindy, thank you .. I have tried after restoring factory defaults .. I only have this new Alienware with Windows 10 pro and GTX 1080 video card .. so no I don't have another computer sorry .. any other suggestions or do if it safe for me to fly as long at the "normal" .. is shown on the RC?
2016-12-26
Use props
Masdog
lvl.3
United States

River One Posted at 2016-12-26 22:30
Mindy, thank you .. I have tried after restoring factory defaults .. I only have this new Alienware with Windows 10 pro and GTX 1080 video card .. so no I don't have another computer sorry .. any other suggestions or do if it safe for me to fly as long at the "normal" .. is shown on the RC?

Does the camera try and focus in on the dots on the screen? Have you been able to get to that point? Or it wont connect before hand.
2016-12-26
Use props
River One
Second Officer
  • >>>
United States

Masdog Posted at 2016-12-26 20:20
Does the camera try and focus in on the dots on the screen? Have you been able to get to that point? Or it wont connect before hand.

Mindy .. it wont even connect to that point .. just states connection to camera failed .. ?? Thank you for any ideas you might have ..
2016-12-27
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
  • >>>

River One Posted at 2016-12-27 17:04
Mindy .. it wont even connect to that point .. just states connection to camera failed .. ?? Thank you for any ideas you might have ..

Did you install the latest version of DJI assistant?
2016-12-27
Use props
River One
Second Officer
  • >>>
United States

DJI Mindy Posted at 2016-12-27 19:01
Did you install the latest version of DJI assistant?

Yes I have the most recent A2 .. I tried it on an older XPS Dell tonight and got farther in that it read the connection .. but for calibration it just showed twisting "loading" and never highlighted "start calibration" .. I waited an hour .. and nothing .. is there any other way to calibrate the vision sensors other than A2? .. oh yes I'm on Android HTC 8 and/nividia shield and now there is nothing but blurry mapping that no sane person would fly with and this is true on GO or Go 4 .. so until the mapping if fixed both my DJI birds at down.. not real happy .. might be time for me to send the Mavic back .. for both of these reasons .
2016-12-27
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
  • >>>

River One Posted at 2016-12-28 12:13
Yes I have the most recent A2 .. I tried it on an older XPS Dell tonight and got farther in that it read the connection .. but for calibration it just showed twisting "loading" and never highlighted "start calibration" .. I waited an hour .. and nothing .. is there any other way to calibrate the vision sensors other than A2? .. oh yes I'm on Android HTC 8 and/nividia shield and now there is nothing but blurry mapping that no sane person would fly with and this is true on GO or Go 4 .. so until the mapping if fixed both my DJI birds at down.. not real happy .. might be time for me to send the Mavic back .. for both of these reasons .

Could you please find the log file and upload it to dropbox?
Here is the path : AppData/Roaming/DJI Assistant 2/log
Our engineers will help to review the log.
2016-12-27
Use props
River One
Second Officer
  • >>>
United States

DJI Mindy Posted at 2016-12-27 23:37

I don't understand .. where to find your log request file .. with this path advice.. no hurry as I'm using an android and all mapping is now blurry on both my DJI GO and DJI GO4 cannot fly either what did DJI do to the Google maps??? PLEASE LET ME KNOW IF THERE IS ANYWAY OTHER THAN ASSISTANT 2 TO CALIBRATE THE VISION SENSORS.. IF NOT I WILL NOT FLY ANYMORE .. HONESTLY I AM SICK OF WHAT DJI HAS DONE TO THE MAPPING AND CALIBRATION SOFTWARE..
2016-12-28
Use props
Masdog
lvl.3
United States

This also happen to me..... I just kept restarting my comp and drone back and forth and it finally connected and allowed me to hit calibrate button but kept also freezing and spinning non stop next to calibrate button. But finally went through process. Once you get to the dots on the screen make sure the little stickers on the forward facing cameras are removed to help ease your calibration process.
2016-12-28
Use props
River One
Second Officer
  • >>>
United States

Masdog Posted at 2016-12-28 08:12
This also happen to me..... I just kept restarting my comp and drone back and forth and it finally connected and allowed me to hit calibrate button but kept also freezing and spinning non stop next to calibrate button. But finally went through process. Once you get to the dots on the screen make sure the little stickers on the forward facing cameras are removed to help ease your calibration process.

thank you for the encouragement .. over and over again I never get a "start calibration" button lit. I just get "reboot your drone" .. for two weeks now .. Assistant 2 does not work for me that is for sure ..I pray there is another way to check the vision systems .. but I doubt there is any alternative so we are stuck with this horrid system .. or don't fly ... I have selected not to fly .. good bird .. junk firmware is my option at present
2016-12-28
Use props
River One
Second Officer
  • >>>
United States

DJI Mindy Posted at 2016-12-27 23:37

A2 let me get the flight record .. what dropbox email do I send it to Mindy?
2016-12-28
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
  • >>>

River One Posted at 2016-12-28 23:51
I don't understand .. where to find your log request file .. with this path advice.. no hurry as I'm using an android and all mapping is now blurry on both my DJI GO and DJI GO4 cannot fly either what did DJI do to the Google maps??? PLEASE LET ME KNOW IF THERE IS ANYWAY OTHER THAN ASSISTANT 2 TO CALIBRATE THE VISION SENSORS.. IF NOT I WILL NOT FLY ANYMORE .. HONESTLY I AM SICK OF WHAT DJI HAS DONE TO THE MAPPING AND CALIBRATION SOFTWARE..

It's probably in C:\User\AppData\Roaming\DJI Assistant 2\log.
Can you find that folder in your computer?
It's not the flight records.You could send the folder to support@dji.com. The subject should be " Forum support".
2016-12-29
Use props
River One
Second Officer
  • >>>
United States

DJI Mindy Posted at 2016-12-29 00:08
It's not the flight records.You could send the folder to . The subject should be " Forum support".

sent off to support dropbox this morning .. is it safe to fly ??
2016-12-29
Use props
River One
Second Officer
  • >>>
United States

DJI Mindy Posted at 2016-12-29 00:08
It's not the flight records.You could send the folder to . The subject should be " Forum support".

Please is there any word on this from the engineers .. thank you pleaseeeeeeeeeeeeeee
2017-1-2
Use props
MikeQView
Second Officer
United Kingdom

Not sure why DJI would be so pleased with such Flakey Firmwares and softwares, and poor mapping,   the hardware appears to be mostly ok,  but then its added to some really poor software/firmware, i have no idea why its so poorly written as to be so unstable,  after all this is a flying machine, so it needs to be stable above all else !   Even experimental Firmwares like Betaflight are super stable and repeatable for race drones with goodness knows how many variations of hardware linked together,  also APM is pretty stable, but again with all sorts of hardware possibilities ?   so this is a mistery, as in this case its made very easy by the flight Hardware that doesnt change at all !  its made even easier by the fact that the communication/control transmitter system is also locked to its own,   so maybe they just need to make their own dedicated screen,  and then they would do away with all firmware upgrades,  firmwares and softwares, issues.   giving one solid craft doing what it should
2017-1-2
Use props
No1much
Second Officer
Flight distance : 143878 ft
United States

When  I try to calibrate my Mavic's vision systems, it says "alignthe red box with the green." There is no red box. Only green. Help?
2017-1-3
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
  • >>>

River One Posted at 2017-1-2 07:23
Please is there any word on this from the engineers .. thank you pleaseeeeeeeeeeeeeee

Sorry, I still didn't get any update.
Did you use the forum email to contact us?
I'll help to check it.
2017-1-3
Use props
River One
Second Officer
  • >>>
United States

DJI Mindy Posted at 2017-1-3 19:40
Sorry, I still didn't get any update.
Did you use the forum email to contact us?
I'll help to check it.

Mindy .. I have heard nothing and still cannot use A2 for vision calibration. I just ordered a I2 and I am hoping that since it uses the same A2 I wont have the same problem and have both the Mavic and the I2 grounded waiting for correction of this A2 issue .. I sent the files to support you requested last week and have heard nothing rpb@bilbrayindustries.com .. please let me know what to do???
2017-1-4
Use props
DJI-Ken
DJI team
Flight distance : 1515312 ft
  • >>>
United States

No1much Posted at 2017-1-3 14:43
When  I try to calibrate my Mavic's vision systems, it says "alignthe red box with the green." There is no red box. Only green. Help?

The Red box is from youtr Mavic, bring it closer to your computer screen and you will see the Red box then you can align it with the Green box and continue the calibration.I just tested with mine and here's a screenshot.
Capture.JPG
2017-1-4
Use props
No1much
Second Officer
United States

Okay... Thanks.
That's interesting to me. I tried it with an 18-inch TV as my secondary computer monitor (my primary is a 11-inch screen laptop) and the red box didn't manifest no matter how close or far I moved the drone form the screen. It was in a dark room, unfortunately- that's the only screen in my house that's between 12.5 and 50 inches, and it's in a basement under construction. So I'll try borrowing a normal-sized computer monitor from someone if I can and try it again.

On a different note, congratulations on getting your Mavic, @DJI-Ken!
2017-1-4
Use props
River One
Second Officer
  • >>>
United States

River One Posted at 2017-1-4 08:42
Mindy .. I have heard nothing and still cannot use A2 for vision calibration. I just ordered a I2 and I am hoping that since it uses the same A2 I wont have the same problem and have both the Mavic and the I2 grounded waiting for correction of this A2 issue .. I sent the files to support you requested last week and have heard nothing  .. please let me know what to do???

OK Mindy its now been about three weeks without any success in performing the vision calibration I have reset factory defaults as requested and got success. Then I retry calibration and never get past the first screen that ALWAYS SAYS "REBOOT" I DO SO AND NOTHING AT ALL HAPPENS .. I HAVE TRIED THIS ON THREE COMPUTERS AND ALL NEVER EVER GET TO HIT A "START CALIBRAION" PLEASE ADVISE OF AN ALTERNATIVE TO A2 FOR THIS CALIBRATION ON MY MAVIC .. I AM TIRED OF NOT FLYING OR IS IT SAFE TO FLY ???? I HAVE A NEW i2 COMING AND I HOPE TO HELL THIS ASSISTANT 2 IS NOT NEEDED FOR THAT DRONE ALSO.... I am running on Win 10 Pro with GTX 1070 video card by Alienware.. for Christ's sakes please advise its been many weeks!!! Again IS IT SAFE FOR ME TO FLY WITHOUT EVER HAVING DONT THIS VISION CALIBRATION BUT THE GO 4 APP SHOWS THE VISION AS "NORMAL" .. I NEED SOME ANSWERS PLEASE!!! THANK YOU FOR YOUR PROMPT ATTENTION TO THIS REQUEST .. RPB@BILBRAYINDUSTRIES.COM
2017-1-5
Use props
River One
Second Officer
  • >>>
United States

Mindy .. I have heard nothing and still cannot use A2 for vision calibration. I just ordered a I2 and I am hoping that since it uses the same A2 I wont have the same problem and have both the Mavic and the I2 grounded waiting for correction of this A2 issue .. I sent the files to support you requested last week and have heard nothing  .. please let me know what to do???

btw THE OPENING NOTE SAYS HOW TO CONNNECT YOUR INSPIRE 2 NOW NOT THE MAVIC?? pLEASE TELL ME IS IT SAFE TO FLY WITH EVER DOING THIS VISION CALIBRATION WHEN THE GO4 APP SAYS normal ... i never get to even hit a "start calibration" blue button .. please!!! Is it safe to fly????

2017-1-5
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
  • >>>

Sorry, I've confirmed with our email support team, but we didn't recive your email.
I think it's better to send it in for further evaluation.
You could create a case by yourself via this link: https://repair.dji.com/en/SelfRepair/Area
2017-1-5
Use props
River One
Second Officer
  • >>>
United States

DJI Mindy Posted at 2017-1-5 19:06
Sorry, I've confirmed with our email support team, but we didn't recive your email.
I think it's better to send it in for further evaluation.
You could create a case by yourself via this link: https://repair.dji.com/en/SelfRepair/Area

Mindy .. I have asked these questions over the last two weeks and time and time again you fail to respond.. please show me and others the courtesy of a reply..
1. Is there any work around method of performing calibration of the vision system other than using assistant 2?
2. IS IT SAFE TO FLY.. if I have never calibrated the vision system as long as the GO4 app says that the vision sensors are "normal"?
3. Since I am now awaiting the delivery of an new Inspire 2 will the vision calibration be reliant upon Assistant 2 as it seems to be with the Mavic.? Will there be any workaround alternative to use of the Assistant 2 for the Inspire 2 ?? As I would wish to cancel that order now if a far more expensive drone is worthless while dependent on Assistant 2. ??
4. I have send three files to the support link you gave me
Please show me and other the courtesy of at least a reply to the above questions
Thanking you in advance.
2017-1-6
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
  • >>>

River One Posted at 2017-1-6 05:26
Mindy .. I have asked these questions over the last two weeks and time and time again you fail to respond.. please show me and others the courtesy of a reply..
1. Is there any work around method of performing calibration of the vision system other than using assistant 2?
2. IS IT SAFE TO FLY.. if I have never calibrated the vision system as long as the GO4 app says that the vision sensors are "normal"?

You can only do the IMU calibration via DJI Assistant.
I'm not sure if it's sate to fly. For your fly safety, I'd suggest you to send it in for further evaluation.
As for Inspire 2, there's a vision system calibration plate. You could trigger the calibration via ios device.
2017-1-7
Use props
Sum Renati
lvl.1

Australia

DJI Mindy Posted at 2017-1-7 02:35
I'm not sure if it's sate to fly. For your fly safety, I'd suggest you to send it in for further evaluation.
As for Inspire 2, there's a vision system calibration plate. You could trigger the calibration via ios device.

Hi Mindy, I too have attempted to calibrate my Mavic Pro many, many times.
I have restored settings, and I have also downgraded firmware and attempted to calibrate (failed on 2 computers, repeatedly), then upgraded firmware on Mavic Pro and repeated process (multiple times) on both computers on newest firmware (again).

Running Windows 10 Home on 1 machine, Windows 10 Pro on the other. My remote (via iPhone 7 Plus using DJI GO 4 app for IOS) gives me the red exclamation mark next to the word "Normal" under "Aircraft Status --> Overall Status" which reads "Calibrate Vision Sensors with DJI Assistant on PC or Mac for higher accuracy."

Every time I do this, regardless of which PC I am on, the DJI Assistant 2 software tells me to reboot the device. As stated above in this thread, this freezes the software and/or prompts one to close A2 and shutdown the drone and start again.

The time I have spent on this is painful. I lost a great opportunity to get out into the field today as I am unsure about how safe the Mavic will be in the air. Also the fact that there is a red exclamation mark next to the word "Normal" is somewhat off-putting! Suggestions?
2017-1-7
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
  • >>>

Sum Renati Posted at 2017-1-7 23:16
I have restored settings, and I have also downgraded firmware and attempted to calibrate (failed on 2 computers, repeatedly), then upgraded firmware on Mavic Pro and repeated process (multiple times) on both computers on newest firmware (again).

Could you please change another computer to do the VPS calibration again?
Just want to rule out if it's the computer's issue.
2017-1-9
Use props
River One
Second Officer
  • >>>
United States

DJI Mindy Posted at 2017-1-7 02:35

OH peachy Mindy .. you don't know if its safe to fly without vision calibration ever having been done and now you tell me that the calibration plate for my new inspire 2 is worthless on an android device.. and there is no other way to calibrate the vision sensors ?? Based on you advice I will now 1. send back my Mavic and 2 Send back the new Inspire 2 without even wasting the time to unbox it since I know that their is no way to calibrate the vision sensors without and IOS tablet. Mindy have sent the files to support you asked for by dropbox three times .. its shows that dji support has never pick them up. Please why waste all of our times with such horrid communication and service .. why? Face it Assistant 2 is trash and has been so since its inception. Might I suggest that you just start selling apple tablets with your units and come clean with you android buyers who will now have a calibration plate that is worthless. Tired of waiting for a reply or Crystal Sky or yet another version of Assistant 2!!
2017-1-9
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
  • >>>

River One Posted at 2017-1-9 20:08
OH peachy Mindy .. you don't know if its safe to fly without vision calibration ever having been done and now you tell me that the calibration plate for my new inspire 2 is worthless on an android device.. and there is no other way to calibrate the vision sensors ?? Based on you advice I will now 1. send back my Mavic and 2 Send back the new Inspire 2 without even wasting the time to unbox it since I know that their is no way to calibrate the vision sensors without and IOS tablet. Mindy have sent the files to support you asked for by dropbox three times .. its shows that dji support has never pick them up. Please why waste all of our times with such horrid communication and service .. why? Face it Assistant 2 is trash and has been so since its inception. Might I suggest that you just start selling apple tablets with your units and come clean with you android buyers who will now have a calibration plate that is worthless. Tired of waiting for a reply or Crystal Sky or yet another version of Assistant 2!!

I have checked with our email team and we didn't receive any email from the email address you provide me. And I have reported this issue to our engineers, for your flight safety, we'd suggest you to send it in for further evaluation.
You can create a case by yourself here:https://repair.dji.com/en/SelfRepair/Area
2017-1-10
Use props
Sum Renati
lvl.1

Australia

Sum Renati Posted at 2017-1-7 23:16

Thanks Mindy,

1) as stated above I have already tried it on multiple machines, and do not currently have access to a third machine.

2) the link you have provided above to user River One does not apply to Australia (which is where I am and where the drone is from)

Any suggestions as to what I should do from here?

Thanks in advance.
2017-1-17
Use props
napabill44
lvl.2
Flight distance : 14068 ft
United States

Is the Assistant 2 app required if you only use IOS devices?  Seems like most of the instructions are for Windows users.
2017-1-17
Use props
Sum Renati
lvl.1

Australia

DJI Mindy Posted at 2017-1-9 02:46

Hi Mindy,

Have commented above - could you please respond? We have determined that computer hardware is not the issue.

Thanks.
2017-2-8
Use props
No1much
Second Officer
United States

I have something to share regarding DJI Assistant 2, version 1.0.9.

Mavic vision sensor calibration on my Dell Inspiron 3000 laptop hangs at 85% for half an hour every time I try it. Mavic is on latest available firmware as of this post.
Another thing I found: In 1.0.8, it claimed my laptop's 12-inch screen was too small to calibrate, but now it lets me do the calibration process even though it hangs at 85% every time so far.

Also, I found that it will always say "Incorrect alignment method" if the Mavic is connected through a USB 3.0 port, but lets me try calibration if the Mavic is connected through the USB 2.0 port.

I've heard that some other people with the issue where calibration hangs at 85% have managed to work around it by using Assistant 1.0.7, where apparently calibration works for them.

If the developers have time at some point, could they please check up on this possible bug?
2017-2-8
Use props
Sum Renati
lvl.1

Australia

DJI Mindy Posted at 2017-1-9 02:46

Mindy / DJI Support - I think I have been fairly patient but am still waiting for a response to this from the 7th Jan! I have messaged you twice since and got no reply?

Is this how DJI rolls?
2017-2-17
Use props
motard
First Officer
Flight distance : 1156263 ft
  • >>>
Portugal

Same problem here, aircraft connected to laptop by usb 2.0 or 3.0(same result), I connect the aircraft, then Assist2 (latest) by Administrator, then everything works fine, firmware upgrade etc etc, but when I go to calibration, it keeps tell me to reboot the aircraft, always, whatever I do it says the same thing,the button calibrate didn't highlight to me. I just try everything. What I miss.
PS: I disable all firewall,  anti-malware, antivirus
2017-2-17
Use props
motard
First Officer
Flight distance : 1156263 ft
  • >>>
Portugal

DJI Mindy Posted at 2017-1-10 02:39
I have checked with our email team and we didn't receive any email from the email address you provide me. And I have reported this issue to our engineers, for your flight safety, we'd suggest you to send it in for further evaluation.
You can create a case by yourself here:https://repair.dji.com/en/SelfRepair/Area

Dji Mindy, can you help with my question in the post I've made. Thank you
2017-2-18
Use props
garysmacman
lvl.1
United States

Masdog Posted at 2016-12-28 08:12

Holy crap!  The plastic stickers!!! Masdog you're a genius!  Somehow I overlooked the darn things.  Thanks!!!!
2017-2-19
Use props
Burghard
lvl.1
Germany

Finger weg von der Software Assistant 2.Läft nur bis 85% dan ist Schluß und die Sensoren gehen nicht mehr
2017-2-20
Use props
STST
Second Officer
Flight distance : 734882 ft
Israel

Just a stupid test
in the beginning My also failed,
But I noticed then that vision sensors
There are stickers on the vision sensors
Cause failure inaccuracies
2017-2-20