United States

Did some try it yet ?
2016-12-25
Use props
devGOD
lvl.3
Flight distance : 200577 ft
United States

you can not stream live to periscope only FB, WeiBo, Youtube and custom RTMP setups
2016-12-25
Use props
Bezz333
lvl.1

United Kingdom

devGOD Posted at 2016-12-25 15:33
you can not stream live to periscope only FB, WeiBo, Youtube and custom RTMP setups

There are rtmp and stream name setting using Periscope Producer.

There is a place to enter the rtmp details on the Custom Live Stream in the DJI Go app but it does not connect to Periscope.

Anyone go any ideas?

Andrew
2016-12-30
Use props
YellowAstra
lvl.2
Flight distance : 1834193 ft
Switzerland

In periscope @johnho actually uses a Mavic Pro with Periscope producer to livestream. I asked him the question, hope he will give some advice how its done.

I have pretty much the same problem where do i put the "stream key" into the DJI Go app from Periscope producer?
2017-1-11
Use props
YellowAstra
lvl.2
Switzerland

YellowAstra Posted at 2017-1-11 17:14
In periscope @johnho actually uses a Mavic Pro with Periscope producer to livestream. I asked him the question, hope he will give some advice how its done.

I have pretty much the same problem where do i put the "stream key" into the DJI Go app from Periscope producer?

So now i understand how it's done first you have the URL rtmp://en.pscp.tv:88/x/43 and the key is like "dfurtnvberoz" now you have to put a "/" at the end of the stream URL and followed by the key.
rtmp://en.pscp.tv:88/x/43/dfurtnvberoz this is no real stream just an example.
2017-1-11
Use props
The_FPV_Ninja
lvl.1

United States

Has anyone got this  work yet? I tried with producer and rmtp server from the adroid app. Pericope app said the bitrate was too high coming from the Mavic.I did not find a way yo turn down the bitrate required.
2017-1-22
Use props
Valerkop
New

Ukraine

Hey guys, i try to connect my periscope and recieve an error as same as yours.
2017-2-6
Use props
devGOD
lvl.3
Flight distance : 200577 ft
United States

I think people you think out the process before rushing into trying to do something like this... 1. the mavic flight time is 27min (roughly 20min). 2. You'll need streaming software 3. you'll need to be able to switch between the Mavic feed and another external connected camera feed ... in order to give continuous video. 4. you'll need to tie in Audio, no one wants to watch a muted periscope 5. can your data account provide the bandwidth needed?

lots of things to consider, you don't want to be ending your feed ever 20mins for a battery swap... having a good broadcasting software that does PiP would be nice so the viewer is not just looking at the sky...
2017-2-6
Use props
Tahoe Flyer
lvl.3
Flight distance : 122215 ft
United States

I contacted Periscope to see what the deal was and got the canned answer of "Thanks for contacting us! We will forward it to our tech team to let them know the community is interested in it." Nicely saying that there is no rush for Android. I would also like the option to switch Facebook pages like the iOS app has. No love for the Android app.

I guess all Android users can do is hound Periscope to get on it. Twitter and e mail seem to be the best way. Twitter is @periscopehelp and e mail is contact@periscope.tv.
2017-3-19
Use props
Heligal
New
Flight distance : 263871 ft
United States

I got this to work yesterday, but I needed my iPhone (on the Mavic controls) and iPad (for Periscope interaction) to get it to work satisfactorily. Even then, the video was less than perfect. Will play around with this some more when the wind dies down.
2017-4-2
Use props
YellowAstra
lvl.2
Switzerland

I have flown my Mavic now for about 383km and I used Periscope while doing so!!!!!!!!

So trust me when I say how it's done.

You need 2 devices to accomplish that, two Phones or one Tablet and one Phone.
The First device is connected to the Mavic RC Controller as usual this device needs a Hotspot or Wifi connection.
The second device there is  the Hotspot running for the first Device aka Tablet or Phone and further on this device you run actually the Periscope app.

First create under the Periscope Producer tab a New Stream on the 2nd Phone were you run the Periscope app later.
Copy the Stream ( rtmp://en.pscp.tv:88/x/43 ) and put it somewhere like whatsapp so you can see the whole stream and then go back and copy the stream pwd ( dfurtnvberoz ).
Now merge this two together so they look like this: rtmp://en.pscp.tv:88/x/43/dfurtnvberoz after the stream there is this / backslash needed before you write the pwd.
No put that stream/pwd into your custom rtmp in your DJI Go4 app on the first device.

Then start connecting Mavic RC and the DJI Go 4 app phone or tablet first, that Phone or Tablet must be connected to the second phones Hotspot or at a wifi.
Then start the Mavic itself up, when you see the Camview of your Mavic in the DJI Go 4 app then go to the Menu right side corner scroll down where you put the rtmp stream in before and push continue and then start. if it says no connection to that rtmp stream get sure you have inernet connection on that phone thru hotspot or wifi use and control if the stream is correct and pwd the try again.

When it's connected then go to the second phone and start running the periscope app go to the Producer tab and when it comes up with a red fault you can't start the stream then go back to the phone or tablet that is connected with the RC Video stream and change the resolution to the minimum 720p, Then try again in the second phone that runs periscope to start the stream in producer again.

After the producer stream in periscope started you can go back to the phone or tablet that is connected with the Mavic RC and change Video settings again to whatever resolution you want to record on the SD card.

Use custom rtmp streaming on the Mavic Dji Go 4  app.
2017-4-11
Use props
PimpDawg
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1204754 ft
United States

I have livestreamed on Facebook and the video res is poor. What is the best one to use for the best video quality?
2017-4-11
Use props
SpookyBaron
New
Flight distance : 200 ft
United Kingdom

Sounds like a lot of farting around to me, why can’t we just have it built in like YouTube and Facebook
2017-10-26
Use props
Dronestream22
lvl.1

United Kingdom

Hi guys, we've been working on an app 'Dronestream' that will give avoid the fuss associated with live streaming to youtube/periscope/facebook and be strictly designed for DJI drones. Check it out, we'd love to have your feedback, www.dronestream.app
2018-6-14
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules