Everything fine then disconnected and can't connect
1030 5 2016-12-25
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
seeker_ktf_
lvl.4
Flight distance : 218474 ft
United States

Hi.  My first flight yesterday was an extended hover mostly...  just took it up 30 feet spund it around, a little side to side, etc.  I didn't do anything special.  Everything was fine.

Today, I powered everythng up the remote displays "Ready to Fly" but my phone shows disconnected.  I can't get it to connect no matter what I try.  I tried several reboots, etc. Here's the rundown:

Galaxy S5.
1.03 fiware on Mavic and remote.
Powered everything down/up several times.
Tried Go and Go4 apps.
Airplane mode on and off.
Tried connecting with stock charging cable from bottom port.  (When I do that immedaitely asks whick app I want to launch...  same effect with the stock cable.)

One mistake I made was uninstalling/reinstalling the Go4 app.  When I did that it wiped out all the settings for both apps, so maybe that had something to do with it.  It reloaded with odd defaults on a lot of things... the flight control showed up as "Mode 1" for instance.  (Doesn't really matter since it's not connecting.)  Regarding that, there are a bunch of setting on the remote section in the go4 app that I've totally ignored until now.  Maybe it's something there?

If anyone (but mostly Ken) has any ideas, please let me know.  
Thanks.
2016-12-25
Use props
trance728-
lvl.4
Flight distance : 298048 ft
  • >>>
United States

If you have both apps installed only one is defaulted to work when you connect your phone. So if it's defaulted to the GO app it won't connect with the GO4 app and vice versa.

So are you saying neither will connect now?
2016-12-25
Use props
seeker_ktf_
lvl.4
United States

trance728- Posted at 2016-12-25 11:13
If you have both apps installed only one is defaulted to work when you connect your phone. So if it's defaulted to the GO app it won't connect with the GO4 app and vice versa.

Yes.  Neither one is connecting.  As far as I know there shouldn't be a problem with having them both installed, and for now I don't have a default set.  I choose each time it connects.
2016-12-25
Use props
4wd
lvl.4
Flight distance : 545817 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

You could kind of start over and delete both apps and the folder(s) too.
It is all about the default app previously chosen though and you can clear that but not exactly sure how.
2016-12-25
Use props
seeker_ktf_
lvl.4
United States

4wd Posted at 2016-12-25 17:32
You could kind of start over and delete both apps and the folder(s) too.
It is all about the default app previously chosen though and you can clear that but not exactly sure how.

Yes well, thank you.

I logged back in to say that everything is working.  I uninstalled both apps and removed all the data associated with them, then reinstalled go4 and poof, everything worked.  Of course by the time I got on here you had already posted the answer too, so still much appreciated.  I find the DJI community very helpfull.

So yeah, this fixed it, and I will be cautiously optimistic going forward.  
2016-12-25
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
Flight distance : 7 ft
  • >>>

seeker_ktf_ Posted at 2016-12-26 08:34
Yes well, thank you.

I logged back in to say that everything is working.  I uninstalled both apps and removed all the data associated with them, then reinstalled go4 and poof, everything worked.  Of course by the time I got on here you had already posted the answer too, so still much appreciated.  I find the DJI community very helpfull.

Glad to hear that you figure it out.
Enjoy your flight.
2016-12-26
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules