the camera will not stop going up & down...
14391 23 2016-12-25
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
KerrvillePilot
lvl.1

United States

New owner, watched all videos but still a novice...

The camera constantly moved from straight ahead view down to ground and back to straight ahead...over & over & over.

Have completed upgrades to controller & batteries but still doing the same thing.

I received it Christmas Eve and no one to call at DJI customer support..

Any suggestions?

Mark
2016-12-25
Use props
RedHotPoker
Captain
Flight distance : 165105 ft
Canada

Welcome to the forum and phantom family. Thanks for starting this conversation without frustration or anger. That's a great beginning to a wonderful hobby. Sorry about this frustrating difficulty. You might try doing a cold drone IMU calibration, followed immediately by doing a gimbal calibration.
Chill the drone without battery, in front of an air conditioner for 15-20 minutes. Or place it in the frost free fridge.
When ready, have the RC on, and Go app ready on the calibration page. Place the phantom on a perfectly level surface, table, counter top.
Insert the drones battery, turn it on, and begin the IMU calibration. Do your gimbal calibration right after.
Hopefully the gimbal will work properly when done. Good luck.

RedHotPoker

2016-12-25
Use props
Aardvark
First Officer
Flight distance : 384432 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Download DJI Assistant 2 from Here and fully install on your PC (or MAC, but PC seems less problematic). Connect aircraft to computer (and power up) using USB, then run DJI Assistant 2. This will allow you to upgrade/refresh or do a factory reset on the aircrafts firmware. This may help to resolve this problem.
2016-12-25
Use props
DJI Natalia
Administrator
Flight distance : 318 ft

May I know your aircraft firmware version?
Please try the methods mentioned above, if problem persists, please upload a video here, thanks.
2016-12-25
Use props
KerrvillePilot
lvl.1

United States

I refreshed the firmware from the DJI Assistant 2 I downloaded.  I have version: V01.02.0602
2016-12-26
Use props
KerrvillePilot
lvl.1

United States

Thanks for everyones help, I completed the IMU calibration & the gimbal calibration. I also downloaded the DJI Assistant 2 and updated the firmware and reset to factory defaults...Camera is still moving up & down and will not stop...
2016-12-26
Use props
KerrvillePilot
lvl.1

United States

DJI Natalia Posted at 2016-12-26 02:45
Please try the methods mentioned above, if problem persists, please upload a video here, thanks.

I have no idea how to download a video...Sorry, not very informed on this video stuff...the camera is constantly moving from the top vertical limit to the bottom vertical limit approx. every 2 seconds...it would be a very boring video if I could figure out how to send it...
2016-12-26
Use props
KerrvillePilot
lvl.1

United States

I have no idea how to download a video...Sorry, not very informed on this video stuff...the camera is constantly moving from the top vertical limit to the bottom vertical limit approx. every 2 seconds...it would be a very boring video if I could figure out how to send it...

2016-12-26
Use props
KerrvillePilot
lvl.1

United States

I don't know how to send video
2016-12-26
Use props
KerrvillePilot
lvl.1

United States

KerrvillePilot Posted at 2016-12-26 16:25
I don't know how to send video

the camera just moves from the upper vertical limit to the lower vertical limit and does this every 2 seconds approx.  It would be a very boring video if I could figure out how to send it...
2016-12-26
Use props
RedHotPoker
Captain
Canada

If you first will create a YouTube or Vimeo account, record a video on your smart device, and upload your video there, then post a link to the video here, so it will play on the forum. ;-)

Good luck, looking forward to seeing the problem gimbal reaction.

RedHotPoker
2016-12-26
Use props
DJI Natalia
Administrator
Flight distance : 318 ft

KerrvillePilot Posted at 2016-12-27 05:27
the camera just moves from the upper vertical limit to the lower vertical limit and does this every 2 seconds approx.  It would be a very boring video if I could figure out how to send it...

It's phantom 4 pro, right?
May I know your app account (e-mail address)? we'll help you fix it, there is no need to send it in.
2016-12-26
Use props
KerrvillePilot
lvl.1

United States

Thanks everyone...I'm technically challenged and too old (62) for all this technical stuff...
It's my opinion that if you pay this much for a product it should work correctly, right out of the box...
I'm going to handle this the old fashioned way and mail it back and get one that works...

However I'm going to get the insurance and learn how to YouTube and use Forums...

Talk to everyone again soon...my new Phantom 4 is due this Thursday...
2016-12-27
Use props
Jkeller84
Second Officer
Flight distance : 396955 ft
  • >>>
United States

That happens when the camera doesn't have enough clearance to perform its startup sequence. Try putting it on a hard, flat surface and then turn it on. Any better? Mine does this when it's even in the grass. The P4P camera and gimbal has less ground clearance.
2016-12-27
Use props
RedHotPoker
Captain
Canada

Hopefully Tuesday's delivery will be problematic-free model. Good luck...

RedHotPoker
2016-12-27
Use props
fansb6ba52fb
lvl.3
Flight distance : 99117 ft
United States

It's doing this because the back of the camera is hitting the ribbon cable.
See my post here http://forum.dji.com/thread-77891-1-1.html
2016-12-27
Use props
Matt.Dieterich
lvl.1

United States

fansb6ba52fb Posted at 2016-12-27 17:39
It's doing this because the back of the camera is hitting the ribbon cable.
See my post here http://forum.dji.com/thread-77891-1-1.html

I am having this same issue with my P4P that I bought a week ago. Here is a video to my gimbal moving back and forth on start up, it was placed on level concrete. The camera is not hitting the ribbon cable though. I just downgraded the firmware to the November 25th version and now the gimbal is leveling itself on the first try.

https://drive.google.com/open?id=0B-tbO-cLxhwkb1o5NGtCUmhOSWM

Do I need to send mine in for a replacement?
2016-12-29
Use props
Aardvark
First Officer
Flight distance : 384432 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Matt.Dieterich Posted at 2016-12-29 12:02
I am having this same issue with my P4P that I bought a week ago. Here is a video to my gimbal moving back and forth on start up, it was placed on level concrete. The camera is not hitting the ribbon cable though. I just downgraded the firmware to the November 25th version and now the gimbal is leveling itself on the first try.

https://drive.google.com/open?id=0B-tbO-cLxhwkb1o5NGtCUmhOSWM

If it's behaving well after the rollback then that would suggest it's firmware related. I would try the update again and if the same try a firmware refresh and factory reset in DJI Assistant 2. Then take it from there.
2016-12-29
Use props
Matt.Dieterich
lvl.1

United States

Aardvark Posted at 2016-12-29 14:44
If it's behaving well after the rollback then that would suggest it's firmware related. I would try the update again and if the same try a firmware refresh and factory reset in DJI Assistant 2. Then take it from there.

I filed an exchange claim for a new P4P. I will see if the new one performs as it should out of the box.
2016-12-29
Use props
mvctc
New

United States

If you have the phantom 4 pro, when the camera goes up and down. when Its down press the camera down a little more and it should click. After that it leveled out.
2017-4-4
Use props
fans03ddfec7
New
Flight distance : 100223 ft
France

Matt.Dieterich Posted at 2016-12-29 15:18
I filed an exchange claim for a new P4P. I will see if the new one performs as it should out of the box.

moi aussi j'ai le même problème avec mon Phantom 4  , je fais le compas et dés que c'est fini je fais secouer le drone et la caméra arrête de monter et descendre  , mais j'avoue que c'est un problème récurant  , et c'est agaçant a la fin
2017-4-10
Use props
Imre Feke
New

DJI Natalia Posted at 2016-12-26 23:24
It's phantom 4 pro, right?
May I know your app account (e-mail address)? we'll help you fix it, there is no need to send it in.

Hi. I got the same issue would you be able to advise please its a phantom 4 advanced
2019-9-13
Use props
sedeco
lvl.3
Flight distance : 8060653 ft
  • >>>

hi all this  problem    try to move up and down camera by hand  if go up and down easy this problem need change flexcable    if no up down easy this need clean  or see what hard to move
2019-9-16
Use props
joesenegal
lvl.1

Senegal

Hi here is the solution
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UoKtUbl0URo
2023-7-12
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules