Incorrect Top Altitude
5382 26 2016-12-25
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
user3b6acfd98a
lvl.2
Flight distance : 1592057 ft
Poland

Two higher flights and still 340m in "Top Altitude" field - why?I looks like it was locked on 340m 6th November (it happend when I flow much lower - that day it was max 31m!)
Any idea how to "unlock" it?

Incorrect Top Altitude

Incorrect Top Altitude

Real Top Altitude

Real Top Altitude

Max alt 6th November

Max alt 6th November
2016-12-25
Use props
Geebax
First Officer
Australia

Yes, it is a known problem, DJI are aware and have said it will be fixed in the next update.
2016-12-25
Use props
user3b6acfd98a
lvl.2
Poland

Geebax Posted at 2016-12-25 21:27
Yes, it is a known problem, DJI are aware and have said it will be fixed in the next update.

Great news! I asked in other thread, but till now I got no answer.
2016-12-25
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
Flight distance : 7 ft
  • >>>

Could you please clarify what mobile device you are using and your DJI GO version?
2016-12-28
Use props
TX_Bounty
New

United States

I'm having the same issue. My top altitude is almost twice the actual ceiling. I use a LG droid phone. This os one of a few issues I'm here to try and figure out how to fix
2016-12-28
Use props
user3b6acfd98a
lvl.2
Poland

DJI Mindy Posted at 2016-12-28 12:22
Could you please clarify what mobile device you are using and your DJI GO version?

Problem started on DJI GO 3.1.0 as I remember (most recent for that day), but presently I use 3.1.1 and it still exist.
I fly with Samsung S5, but I have also synchronized DJI GO on my second phone (Samsung S7) and Top Altitude is also incorrect on the second phone.
2016-12-28
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
Flight distance : 7 ft
  • >>>

user3b6acfd98a Posted at 2016-12-29 03:30
Problem started on DJI GO 3.1.0 as I remember (most recent for that day), but presently I use 3.1.1 and it still exist.
I fly with Samsung S5, but I have also synchronized DJI GO on my second phone (Samsung S7) and Top Altitude is also incorrect on the second phone.

Thank you for your information.
I'll help to report this.
2016-12-28
Use props
MrWhite
lvl.1
Flight distance : 272 ft
United States

DJI Mindy Posted at 2016-12-28 23:50
Thank you for your information.
I'll help to report this.

I have the same issue using the 4Pro+. I have installed the latest updates.
2017-1-5
Use props
user3b6acfd98a
lvl.2
Poland

MrWhite Posted at 2017-1-5 16:33
I have the same issue using the 4Pro+. I have installed the latest updates.

Another flight - today 430m (see below on screenshot) and top altitude in DJI GO over 800m! DJI please do something with that!
max alt.jpg
2017-1-14
Use props
fans2d05af1b
lvl.1
Flight distance : 1107385 ft
United Kingdom

How far above sea level was you ? I was told that counts or something like that
2017-1-15
Use props
user3b6acfd98a
lvl.2
Poland

fans2d05af1b Posted at 2017-1-15 19:08

About 700m above see level, so according to your theory it should be about 1130m. Before that flight, my start point was about 220m above see level, and situation with top altitude was oposit (see my first post with screenshots above).
2017-1-16
Use props
Geebax
First Officer
Australia

fans2d05af1b Posted at 2017-1-15 19:08

Sea level is irrelevant, the Phantom has no mechanism for measuring elevation above sea level, all it knows is its altitude in relation to the point it took off from.
2017-1-16
Use props
user3b6acfd98a
lvl.2
Poland

Geebax Posted at 2017-1-16 14:34
Sea level is irrelevant, the Phantom has no mechanism for measuring elevation above sea level, all it knows is its altitude in relation to the point it took off from.

Phantom uses GPS and GLONASS, so it can measure its altitude above sea level, but Top Altitude mean how high above start point (not sea level) was Phantom, so if it was at 430m above me it should be 430m.
According to your idea what should be showed in Top Altiude?
2017-1-17
Use props
Geebax
First Officer
Australia

user3b6acfd98a Posted at 2017-1-17 07:08
Phantom uses GPS and GLONASS, so it can measure its altitude above sea level, but Top Altitude mean how high above start point (not sea level) was Phantom, so if it was at 430m above me it should be 430m.
According to your idea what should be showed in Top Altiude?

The Phantom does not use GPS or GLONASS for altitude measurement, it is hopelessly innacurate. They use the baromter reading for all altitude measurements. The top altitude should be the highest value above take-off point so far reached, However there is a fault in the system that is displaying the wrong value, DJI have acknowledged this.
2017-1-17
Use props
user3b6acfd98a
lvl.2
Poland

Geebax Posted at 2017-1-17 14:31
The Phantom does not use GPS or GLONASS for altitude measurement, it is hopelessly innacurate. They use the baromter reading for all altitude measurements. The top altitude should be the highest value above take-off point so far reached, However there is a fault in the system that is displaying the wrong value, DJI have acknowledged this.

Yes I konwo, but you wrote, that Phantom hasn't mechanism to measure, but It has. Of course it's not using it.
I don't know if you understand problem. My Phantom shows right altitude (error is about 5-20m after flight, so its acceptable), in "flight history" max altitude is right, but in global "top atlitude field" it shows not real one (for exampe my actual max altitude is 430, but global top altitude is over 800m. GPS, barometer etc. has no influence on it, it looks like software problem. My logs imported to helathydrones shows right one - 430m.
2017-1-18
Use props
Geebax
First Officer
Australia

user3b6acfd98a Posted at 2017-1-18 08:23
Yes I konwo, but you wrote, that Phantom hasn't mechanism to measure, but It has. Of course it's not using it.
I don't know if you understand problem. My Phantom shows right altitude (error is about 5-20m after flight, so its acceptable), in "flight history" max altitude is right, but in global "top atlitude field" it shows not real one (for exampe my actual max altitude is 430, but global top altitude is over 800m. GPS, barometer etc. has no influence on it, it looks like software problem. My logs imported to helathydrones shows right one - 430m.

Yes, I do understand your problem, it has been reported many times before on this forum. And DJI know about it, and have said it will be reported to the development team.
2017-1-18
Use props
user3b6acfd98a
lvl.2
Poland

Geebax Posted at 2017-1-18 13:22
Yes, I do understand your problem, it has been reported many times before on this forum. And DJI know about it, and have said it will be reported to the development team.

Ok, my mistake - I answered question about altitude above see level of my start point, and I thought, that you meant that this problem can be related to that. No I see, that It was your explanation, that sea level altitude is not a poroblem. BTW Phantom measures above see altitude - in healthy drones I can read it from logged data.
2017-1-18
Use props
adfp_88
lvl.1

Hong Kong

Tip: The post by the administrator or moderators shield
2017-2-15
Use props
JackA
lvl.4
Flight distance : 32057 ft
United States

I have DJI GO APP 3.1.3 Android latest firmware for Phantom 3 Standard.  My accumulated "Top Altitude" is still way wrong.  I have never exceeded 60 meters and yet it is showing over 800 meters.  Hope the FAA never looks at my account.
2017-2-16
Use props
user3b6acfd98a
lvl.2
Poland

JackA Posted at 2017-2-16 08:10
I have DJI GO APP 3.1.3 Android latest firmware for Phantom 3 Standard.  My accumulated "Top Altitude" is still way wrong.  I have never exceeded 60 meters and yet it is showing over 800 meters.  Hope the FAA never looks at my account.

Same me. 3.1.3 and still the same problem. DJI - it's realy something to difficult for your team to solve?
2017-2-16
Use props
KM5RG-Robert
Second Officer
Flight distance : 2075213 ft
United States

Yeah mine shows over 1400 ft in January. My craft has the height limit set for 120 meters. But it has shown inaccurate numbers for a long time. Way before I was forced to upgrade to a v3x pilot app. I was using 2.9
  Also shows top speed above 60 mph. That one is a maybe if I was at full speed with a healthy tailwind. But no recollection of it.
I kinda ignore all that anyway because it seems bogus.

2017-2-16
Use props
Fruxen
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1370630 ft
Sweden

When I started flying I set max flight altitude to 120m in DJI Go 4 and have never touched it since.

After the first flights it showed Top altitude -13m, which actually is impossible.
After 10 flights it got it right.
After 15 flights it shows Top altitude 2248.7 m. Yes that is off by over 2km. I would not call this feature very reliable.
2017-2-20
Use props
Jockesaigon
New

Norway

I also got the same problem! Yesterday I set my altitude highest 104 meter, but phantom 3 says more than 1000 meter as picture shows. BTW after firmware update yd then I get compass errors as well and I have to restart ac.
2017-2-20
Use props
adrian8891
lvl.4
Flight distance : 2643110 ft
  • >>>
Poland

DJI said lat time they will correct this in next update, but seems that it hasn't been fixed yet!
2017-2-20
Use props
MerlinL14
lvl.4
Flight distance : 2858 ft
United Kingdom

<Hypothetically> If I was accused of flying too high within an airspace because of a report by a light aircraft pilot, and was required to prove that I was indeed below 122 meters above ground level, by an inquest or court of Law would DJI stand behind me and refute the allegation, stating that they are aware of an altitude report issue? (I think we all know the answer to that)! We were informed it would be resolved in the next upgrade of Go, but so far is still an issue.
Seems DJI can fix our 'drones' to not fly within NFZ's or other restricted airspace but can't fix a simple altitude report in it's own software! go figure.
Other than "just being unreliable" this glitch could actually end up being responsible for someone having a hefty fine or even a criminal conviction placed on them. It only takes one over zealous knob in a light aircraft reporting a near miss or some jobsworth rambler/policeman out on a country walk with nothing better to do than confront a 'drone' pilot who is doing nothing other than taking footage/photos of the vista.
</Hypothetically>
So DJI is there an actual time frame that we can expect this to be resolved, other than a blanket "in the next upgrade"?
2017-2-28
Use props
Fruxen
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1370630 ft
Sweden

The individual flight reports show the correct max altitude.

I have no idea how the all time max altitude is calculated from that data though. It's not even a sum of all max altitudes combined.
2017-2-28
Use props
fansc3efd683
lvl.1
Flight distance : 16181 ft
France

Hi all,

I got the same problem, Tpp Altitude is showing on my DJI GO 4 app 1955.3 meters but I never go up over 85 meters with my new Mavic.
On online chat, the support said something like This is a value registred on the Mavic and not calculated from all recorded logs... He advised me to reset my Mavic with Assistant 2. This is what I did this night, but on DJI GO 4 app I still see top Altitude at 1955.3 meters. I know that this is a value recorded on cloud, because I used to use a Samsung Galaxy Tab S2 and I just installed DJI GO 4 app on another smartphone, and after I was logged in, after a synchronization, I got the same Top Altitude value on this other Smartphone.

I hope DJI will fix this issue very quickly, because at this time, the support do not seems to be aware about it!

Best regards
Robert
2017-4-8
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules