DJI Go App Confusion
857 4 2016-12-25
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Brocktree
lvl.1
United States

Hey all,So I just got the Phantom 4, and from what I can tell, the 'DJI Go' app, as well as th 'DJI Go 4' app both work with it.... the reviews for the DJI Go app are a bit on the lower side, whereas reviews for the DJI Go 4 app are nonexistent in the Apple Store so far. I am wondering on the different functionalities between the apps? I have a Phantom 4, so will my experience differ depending on which app I decide to use?
Thanks
2016-12-25
Use props
DJI Natalia
Administrator
Flight distance : 318 ft

Both DJI GO and DJI GO 4 are working for Phantom 4, the DJI GO also keeps updating.
You can check more info here: http://forum.dji.com/thread-75904-1-1.html
Maybe you can try to install two APPs, test them then use the one for your preference.
2016-12-26
Use props
Brocktree
lvl.1
United States

DJI Natalia Posted at 2016-12-26 03:18
Both DJI GO and DJI GO 4 are working for Phantom 4, the DJI GO also keeps updating.
You can check more info here: http://forum.dji.com/thread-75904-1-1.html
Maybe you can try to install two APPs, test them then use the one for your preference.

Thanks! I'll try the both, I actually just found the thread before you'd replied.
2016-12-27
Use props
CCrew
lvl.3
Flight distance : 41568 ft
United States

Brocktree, the 3.0 app is a bit more mature, as it's been around a while. the 4.0 app is only about a month old and was primarily released to support the sensors on the new P4P. A lot more folks are going to be familiar with the 3.0 app should you need support. I'm sure in time the 4.0 will be the "go to" for P4 owners, but you also don't need a lot of it's complexity as yours doesn't have the same sensors/capabilities.
2016-12-27
Use props
Brocktree
lvl.1
United States

CCrew Posted at 2016-12-27 10:14
Brocktree, the 3.0 app is a bit more mature, as it's been around a while. the 4.0 app is only about a month old and was primarily released to support the sensors on the new P4P. A lot more folks are going to be familiar with the 3.0 app should you need support. I'm sure in time the 4.0 will be the "go to" for P4 owners, but you also don't need a lot of it's complexity as yours doesn't have the same sensors/capabilities.

Thanks for the info. If anyone else cares to give their own opinions I'd like to hear more. I'm still waiting on a battery for a few weeks, so I can't test out both myself yet.
2016-12-27
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules