Can You Adjust Obstacle Avoidance Distance?
8335 8 2016-12-25
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
MrPinaColada
lvl.4
Flight distance : 790082 ft
United States

First my distance seems to always display the wrong distance but it still stops in time. For example it always reads around 15-30 feet when it's about 3-4 feet away. Another question is am I able to adjust the distance that the drone wants to stop at? Mine always stops within 2 feet of the object which gives me a heart attack constantly.
2016-12-25
Use props
Aardvark
Second Officer
Flight distance : 384432 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

You can't adjust the distance, but what you can do is calibrate it using DJI Assistant 2 from Here. Install Assistant 2 on a PC (or MAC, seems to be less issues on PC though).

Edit :- don't rely on Object Avoidance as being fail proof, it's not. Best to fly yourself so that you make the decisions.
2016-12-25
Use props
fansb1fe1104
lvl.4
Flight distance : 3372566 ft
United States

It scares the hell out of me too....Usually to test it I fly it towards me and usually end up jumping out of the way because I think it won't stop, but it always does.
2016-12-25
Use props
Nigelbrinkmann
lvl.4
Flight distance : 586391 ft
Australia

fansb1fe1104 Posted at 2016-12-26 09:28
It scares the hell out of me too....Usually to test it I fly it towards me and usually end up jumping out of the way because I think it won't stop, but it always does.

Probably not the best test to use yourself as a crash test dummy!!
2016-12-25
Use props
fansb1fe1104
lvl.4
Flight distance : 3372566 ft
United States

Nigelbrinkmann Posted at 2016-12-25 21:58
Probably not the best test to use yourself as a crash test dummy!!

You are right, but sometimes when your in a big open field there is not much else to test it on.
2016-12-25
Use props
trenken
lvl.1

United States

Aardvark Posted at 2016-12-26 07:13
You can't adjust the distance, but what you can do is calibrate it using DJI Assistant 2 from Here. Install Assistant 2 on a PC (or MAC, seems to be less issues on PC though).

Edit :- don't rely on Object Avoidance as being fail proof, it's not. Best to fly yourself so that you make the decisions.

This app doesnt work for me on mac or pc. On the mac it gets into the calibration process, but those boxes that are supposed to appear just never do. And on my pc it wont even get into the calibration process. I just get caught in a loop of it telling me to reboot the aircraft. Junk.

Foward obstacle avoidence on my brand new P4 doesnt work at all. Almost flew it right into myself trying to do a fly by. Didnt detect me at all. And the radar indicators in the go app are ALWAYS 3 levels. Doesnt matter if there is or isnt anything in front of it. It never changes. Even if I stand right in front of it, still 3 levels of radar bars.

2016-12-27
Use props
RedHotPoker
Captain
Flight distance : 165105 ft
Canada

If you've model is faulty, simply return & exchange it. ;-)

RedHotPoker
2016-12-27
Use props
Aardvark
Second Officer
Flight distance : 384432 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

trenken Posted at 2016-12-28 00:41
This app doesnt work for me on mac or pc. On the mac it gets into the calibration process, but those boxes that are supposed to appear just never do. And on my pc it wont even get into the calibration process. I just get caught in a loop of it telling me to reboot the aircraft. Junk.

Foward obstacle avoidence on my brand new P4 doesnt work at all. Almost flew it right into myself trying to do a fly by. Didnt detect me at all. And the radar indicators in the go app are ALWAYS 3 levels. Doesnt matter if there is or isnt anything in front of it. It never changes. Even if I stand right in front of it, still 3 levels of radar bars.

Have you got Obstacle Avoidance turned on in DJI Go (it can be toggled on/off) ?

It's amazing how many are willing to sacrifice themselves in the name of science to prove it works
2016-12-27
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
Flight distance : 7 ft
  • >>>

Hello, please try to do the VPS calibration then test it again.
Please keep us posted.
2016-12-28
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules