Shaky Inspire 1 Gimbal
2414 31 2016-12-25
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
DroneCityYT
lvl.4
Flight distance : 259042 ft
United States

Hi so I just recieved my Inspire one from a repair and I ran into an issue were it was stuck in travel mode but I figured out how to fix it but now when I fly it the video was very shaky and then all the sudden the gimbal disconnected and it was just wobbling in the air with live camera feed still working. I brought it down for a gimbal calibration and tried it again same thing happened you can view it here make sure to watch to end it may be how I put in the camera not 100% sure though I would like to fly as soon as possible though

2016-12-25
Use props
Mark Guille
Second Officer
Flight distance : 2031818 ft
Jersey

I had the same with mine and after inspection of the connector pins found they were not seated correctly, one pin was slightly twisted. After pushing the pin back with a small screwdriver, she works fine. Check those connector pins make sure they are clean and in the right shape. If they seem ok you could try loosening the two screws which would loosen the connector plate and in turn tighten the connection between the pins (I hope that made sense).
Let us know if this helps.

Mark G.
2016-12-26
Use props
Donnie Stugots
First Officer
Flight distance : 3636782 ft
United States

Oh , yea , big time shake,  does the camera stay steady on the ground ?  be sure to test this , it will help diagnose a mechanical problem vs  something else .   Looks to me like  the gimbal is not mounted correctly , inspect all of the dampers and replace if necessary .  Is this with an X3 or X5 camera ? be sure to look at the video feed with the Motors off and see if it shakes like that , then we know if it is something in the connectors etc vs vibration.  I am going with vibration on this one , though Mark says he has experienced this with bad pin connections so let us know what you find .
where are you locaed at ,  I cant quite pin it down from the video ?  Guessing CA ?

donnie

2016-12-26
Use props
DJI-Ken
DJI team
Flight distance : 1515312 ft
  • >>>
United States

Do as the above posts suggested, also you can try to reinstall the firmware.
This happened to me only once (X3) and none of the trouble shooting steps helped. As soon as I attached a different X3, it worked just fine.
You may have to send the camera/gimbal back in.
Mine would work fine on the ground and with slow flight, but as soon as I sped up and made a turn it wobbled for a few seconds then went limp. The gimbal needed to be repaired.
2016-12-26
Use props
Donnie Stugots
First Officer
United States

DJI-Ken Posted at 2016-12-26 09:49
This happened to me only once (X3) and none of the trouble shooting steps helped. As soon as I attached a different X3, it worked just fine.

"...but as soon as I sped up and made a turn it wobbled for a few seconds then went limp.  "
There are several good jokes in here but I just wont do it .... so tempting though .

donnie
2016-12-26
Use props
DJI-Ken
DJI team
  • >>>
United States

Donnie Stugots Posted at 2016-12-26 11:28
"...but as soon as I sped up and made a turn it wobbled for a few seconds then went limp.  "
There are several good jokes in here but I just wont do it .... so tempting though .

Ya, better not I'll get in trouble
2016-12-26
Use props
Mark Guille
Second Officer
Jersey

Donnie Stugots Posted at 2016-12-26 18:28

Lol Donnie.                                       
2016-12-26
Use props
DroneCityYT
lvl.4
United States

Donnie Stugots Posted at 2016-12-26 04:33
Oh , yea , big time shake,  does the camera stay steady on the ground ?  be sure to test this , it will help diagnose a mechanical problem vs  something else .   Looks to me like  the gimbal is not mounted correctly , inspect all of the dampers and replace if necessary .  Is this with an X3 or X5 camera ? be sure to look at the video feed with the Motors off and see if it shakes like that , then we know if it is something in the connectors etc vs vibration.  I am going with vibration on this one , though Mark says he has experienced this with bad pin connections so let us know what you find .
where are you locaed at ,  I cant quite pin it down from the video ?  Guessing CA ?

Yes its 100% stabal on the ground until it lifts off its an x3 camera
2016-12-26
Use props
DroneCityYT
lvl.4
United States

DJI-Ken Posted at 2016-12-26 07:49

Mine was like this once it lifted off the ground at low speeds
2016-12-26
Use props
DroneCityYT
lvl.4
United States

Mark Guille Posted at 2016-12-26 02:16
I had the same with mine and after inspection of the connector pins found they were not seated correctly, one pin was slightly twisted. After pushing the pin back with a small screwdriver, she works fine. Check those connector pins make sure they are clean and in the right shape. If they seem ok you could try loosening the two screws which would loosen the connector plate and in turn tighten the connection between the pins (I hope that made sense).
Let us know if this helps.

If its the connector pins hopefully I can fix it myself if not I pray I dont have to pay more money to fix another issue caused by DJI
2016-12-26
Use props
DJI-Jamie
DJI team
Flight distance : 112405 ft
United States

Have you tried any of the troubleshooting advice above?
2016-12-26
Use props
DroneCityYT
lvl.4
United States

DJI-Jamie Posted at 2016-12-26 19:35
Have you tried any of the troubleshooting advice above?

Yes it is still shaky at the moment
2016-12-26
Use props
Mark Guille
Second Officer
Jersey

DroneCityYT Posted at 2016-12-27 04:27

What was the reason for the first repair?
2016-12-27
Use props
Donnie Stugots
First Officer
United States

DroneCityYT Posted at 2016-12-26 21:30
Yes its 100% stabal on the ground until it lifts off its an x3 camera

Then I would think a mechanical connection problem ,  but be sure to check the electrical contact points very thoroughly as well, look for tears in the dampening balls and anything else that could be touching the gimbal  and transmitting vibration .  

Some good advice is  above from other members, be sure to keep us posted if you find the bloody culprit .

donnie
2016-12-27
Use props
Donnie Stugots
First Officer
United States

DJI-Ken Posted at 2016-12-26 13:13
Ya, better not I'll get in trouble

Just because it is you Ken , I will forgo any foray into the risque ....dont want any trouble for you with the Grand Pooba...  ED

donnie
2016-12-27
Use props
DJI-Ken
DJI team
  • >>>
United States

DroneCityYT Posted at 2016-12-26 21:27

It looks like you need to contact support and send the camera/gimbal in for repair.
2016-12-27
Use props
RichJ53
First Officer
Flight distance : 1837356 ft
  • >>>
United States

You have been given great suggestions and I agree with all the other posters.

Just one thing outside the box, do you notice any vibration? Check the props and maybe try another new set. Sometimes shake can be caused by props out of balance or damaged. Or the camera mounting plate grommets are not seated correctly?

Regards
Rich
2016-12-27
Use props
Donnie Stugots
First Officer
United States

RichJ53 Posted at 2016-12-27 10:16

Just one thing outside the box, do you notice any vibration? Check the props and maybe try another new set. Sometimes shake can be caused by props out of balance or damaged.

That is a very good suggestion Rich , forgot about that one ......  

donnie
2016-12-27
Use props
RichJ53
First Officer
  • >>>
United States

Donnie Stugots Posted at 2016-12-27 08:19
That is a very good suggestion Rich , forgot about that one ......  

donnie

Thanks Donnie, I was reading all of the ideas and they were very good too. sometimes we overlook the easy things under our noses..  I edited and added the vibration mount grommets too.

Rich
2016-12-27
Use props
DJI-Ken
DJI team
  • >>>
United States

Donnie Stugots Posted at 2016-12-27 09:12
Just because it is you Ken , I will forgo any foray into the risque ....dont want any trouble for you with the Grand Pooba...  ED

donnie

Thank you
2016-12-27
Use props
RichJ53
First Officer
  • >>>
United States

you guys are funny
2016-12-27
Use props
DroneCityYT
lvl.4
United States

Mark Guille Posted at 2016-12-27 06:59
What was the reason for the first repair?

Bricked X3 camera it took videos and pictures but there was no signal they found that there there was an issue with the camera motherboard
2016-12-27
Use props
DroneCityYT
lvl.4
United States

RichJ53 Posted at 2016-12-27 08:16

Just one thing outside the box, do you notice any vibration? Check the props and maybe try another new set. Sometimes shake can be caused by props out of balance or damaged. Or the camera mounting plate grommets are not seated correctly?

It doesnt seem like vibration to me because of how sharp and static the shaking is
2016-12-27
Use props
DroneCityYT
lvl.4
United States

RichJ53 Posted at 2016-12-27 08:24
Thanks Donnie, I was reading all of the ideas and they were very good too. sometimes we overlook the easy things under our noses..  I edited and added the vibration mount grommets too.

Rich

But I will yry changing the props
2016-12-27
Use props
DJI-Ken
DJI team
  • >>>
United States

Thanks Rich,
I wish I could be a jokester here
2016-12-27
Use props
DJI-Ken
DJI team
  • >>>
United States

DroneCityYT Posted at 2016-12-27 10:45
But I will yry changing the props

Since the camera was sent in for repair, i think if you contact support it may be a warranty repair.
And there's been no crash or hard landing since the repair.
That's only my opinion, but if you start a case let me know the case or ticket# and I will see what I can do.
2016-12-27
Use props
DroneCityYT
lvl.4
United States

DJI-Ken Posted at 2016-12-27 10:34
Since the camera was sent in for repair, i think if you contact support it may be a warranty repair.
And there's been no crash or hard landing since the repair.
That's only my opinion, but if you start a case let me know the case or ticket# and I will see what I can do.

Ok thank you I will most likely start a case and let you know
2016-12-27
Use props
DJI-Ken
DJI team
  • >>>
United States

DroneCityYT Posted at 2016-12-27 12:28
Ok thank you I will most likely start a case and let you know

Ok, thanks.
When it arrives there, then reply to me with the case# and I will see what I can do.
2016-12-27
Use props
DroneCityYT
lvl.4
United States

UPDATE: I will file a case tommorow go send in my Inspire because there was an insane 110 people wait probably because of the holidays but thank you all for your auggestions and help will keep you posted
2016-12-27
Use props
RichJ53
First Officer
  • >>>
United States

DroneCityYT Posted at 2016-12-27 19:23
UPDATE: I will file a case tommorow go send in my Inspire because there was an insane 110 people wait probably because of the holidays but thank you all for your auggestions and help will keep you posted

Okay thanks for the update and let us know if you try anything before sending it back to DJI for repairs... Everybody got a DJI drone for Christmas  

Rich
2016-12-27
Use props
DJI-Ken
DJI team
  • >>>
United States

DroneCityYT Posted at 2016-12-28 11:23

Sounds good, and sorry doe the delay.
2016-12-27
Use props
DroneCityYT
lvl.4
United States

UPDATE: Finally got in contact with DJI after 2 weeks ! What they told me is I have to file a case with them and that I would have to pay for the repair cost which is ridiculous I may file a case or I might just get rid of the drone I can't believe I payed $300 only for DJI to charge me more for not fixing the problem correctly.
2017-1-9
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules