Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
MAVIC IN VIETNAM
1018 6 2016-12-25
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
fans85059244
lvl.1
United States

I am going to take my MAVIC on a trip to Asia. Any one has done this? Any problem getting thru Customs especially in VN?
Thanks

2016-12-25
Use props
james2047
lvl.1

China

I didnt go to Vietnam,so I dont know for sure.But I read a post on Chinese website Zhihu that a Phantom pilot took his pahtom 3 to vietnam during vacation.When he left,the custom confiscated his phantom.I dont know the vienam policy,maybe it's just him.
2016-12-26
Use props
fans85059244
lvl.1
United States

james2047 Posted at 2016-12-26 00:58
I didnt go to Vietnam,so I dont know for sure.But I read a post on Chinese website Zhihu that a Phantom pilot took his pahtom 3 to vietnam during vacation.When he left,the custom confiscated his phantom.I dont know the vienam policy,maybe it's just him.

Thank you for the tip. I should leave it home just to be safe.
2016-12-26
Use props
GrizzlyAdams
lvl.1
United States

fans85059244 Posted at 2016-12-26 12:00

Couldn't you ship it out of Vietnam, back to yourself at home, before you fly out?
2016-12-26
Use props
PurePotential
New
South Korea

Did anyone receive any head way on this problem for us fellow drone users? I've expressed all avenues for applying for a permit to fly. I spoke with numerous of other travelers that say it's hit or miss. It's a 50/50 chance the drone could be confiscated, then same say they had no issues. I'm flying from Seoul, S. Korea -> Hanoi -> Nha Trang. Then departure is from Nha Trang -> Da Nang -> Seoul, S. Korea. Every comment or review I've seen, drone users hand carry their drone. But what if the drone has put in a hard shell case and put under the plane in checked baggage within my suitcase, would that cause an issue? I really want some drone footage, however, I don't want to risk having it confiscated because I'm arriving and departing from different airports. I've attempted to use google translate for the Ministry of Defense website to find the form. I've asked people for the form to submit. Others have stated they either sent an email to request for permission and no response. One person stated you can pay someone to do it for you, but not evidence or proof backing that or a referral. Use travelers/drone users need some head way on this! Can anyone share their experience here or help for that matter? Thanks!
2017-8-7
Use props
Sportbike*Pilot
lvl.1

United States

fans85059244 Posted at 2016-12-26 10:00

Good idea to leave it home. I sure wouldn't want to gamble with 'what if they' would confiscate it.  Be nice to have one because it's financially out of reach for some of them, hmmmmm so why not take this one.  
2017-8-7
Use props
dancopter
First Officer
Flight distance : 17901030 ft
  • >>>
United Arab Emirates

A lot of threads on this forum with people flying their drones in Vietnam:

https://forum.dji.com/thread-97068-1-1.html
2017-8-7
Use props
Advanced