Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
PLASTIC COVERS ON REAR ARMS
12Next >
9094 44 2016-12-26
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
canistraccioil
lvl.1
Italy

Hi!
This morning after the last flight with my Mavic Pro, I noticed that one of the two plastic covers located on the rear arms on the other side of motors propellers was missing.
Here are the picture of the missing part (I removed this one from the other arm):

Plastic Cover

Plastic Cover

I've already sent a support ticket @ DJI Support (ticket no. 374487) asking whether it's possible to purchase this part as a replacement, and the relative part number and unit price.

Have any of you ever had the same problem?
Ciao
Paolo [Italy]

2016-12-26
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
Flight distance : 7 ft
  • >>>

Hello Paolo, since you had contacted our tech support, they will be able to assist you.
Did you slightly crashed the aircraft before?
2016-12-27
Use props
canistraccioil
lvl.1
Italy

DJI Mindy Posted at 2016-12-27 10:37
Hello Paolo, since you had contacted our tech support, they will be able to assist you.
Did you slightly crashed the aircraft before?

Hi Mindy!
I had not a crash but an hard landing: when the aircraft landed the props didn't stop to rotate, and I was not fast enough to stop them so the aircraft made a turnaround and props hit the ground several times. It seemed to have seen something flying away, I thought it was a piece of the propellers but it wasn't. So I thought I had seen wrong and that was fine!When I was closing the aircraft I finally noticed that one of the plastic covers on rear arm was missing.

I'm looking forward to receive a reply from DJI tech support.

Thanks
Ciao
Paolo
2016-12-27
Use props
R&L Aerial
Captain
Flight distance : 298100 ft
  • >>>
United States

canistraccioil Posted at 2016-12-27 07:00
Hi Mindy!
I had not a crash but an hard landing: when the aircraft landed the props didn't stop to rotate, and I was not fast enough to stop them so the aircraft made a turnaround and props hit the ground several times. It seemed to have seen something flying away, I thought it was a piece of the propellers but it wasn't. So I thought I had seen wrong and that was fine!When I was closing the aircraft I finally noticed that one of the plastic covers on rear arm was missing.

It kinda sounds like you crashed????
2016-12-27
Use props
canistraccioil
lvl.1
Italy

R&L Aerial  Posted at 2016-12-27 13:36
It kinda sounds like you crashed????

Hi, no it didn't crashed.
As I explained to Mindy, the Mavic Pro was landed but props were still rotating.
Since the surface was rough (I didn't choose the best place to let mavic land) it started turning around hitting the props to the ground (which was iron made).
None of the props get damaged but I lost one of the rear arms plastic cover as per the picture.
Ciao
Paolo
2016-12-27
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
Flight distance : 9812789 ft
  • >>>
Ireland

canistraccioil Posted at 2016-12-27 15:31
Hi, no it didn't crashed.
As I explained to Mindy, the Mavic Pro was landed but props were still rotating.
Since the surface was rough (I didn't choose the best place to let mavic land) it started turning around hitting the props to the ground (which was iron made).

Looking at your props it looks like a crash, left stick down will cut power in an instance.

Hard landing in the wrong place is a crash, why would you land on unsuitable ground doesn't make any sense.
2016-12-27
Use props
canistraccioil
lvl.1
Italy

hallmark007 Posted at 2016-12-27 21:17
Looking at your props it looks like a crash, left stick down will cut power in an instance.

Hard landing in the wrong place is a crash, why would you land on unsuitable ground doesn't make any sense.

I'm not investigating the sense of what happened. Nor I've to explain you the reason why I had to land there instead of there.
I really don't understand why people write here just to be polemicist.

2016-12-27
Use props
Danny-B-
Second Officer
Flight distance : 306640 ft
United Kingdom

canistraccioil Posted at 2016-12-27 21:20
I'm not investigating the sense of what happened. Nor I've to explain you the reason why I had to land there instead of there.

Haha, true ... you're asking to buy a replacement part i presume ? not to have it replaced under warranty?

It would be good to see a list of individual items for the Mavic and the prices.
2016-12-27
Use props
DJI-Ken
DJI team
Flight distance : 1515312 ft
  • >>>
United States

Was support able to help you out?
2016-12-27
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
Flight distance : 9812789 ft
  • >>>
Ireland

canistraccioil Posted at 2016-12-27 21:20

Well maybe you should be investigating what happened, because if you used left stick down to land and your motors did not immediately shut down, when aircraft hit the ground , then you have almost certainly a problem with your IMU,
2016-12-27
Use props
canistraccioil
lvl.1
Italy

Danny-B- Posted at 2016-12-27 22:40
Haha, true ... you're asking to buy a replacement part i presume ? not to have it replaced under warranty?

It would be good to see a list of individual items for the Mavic and the prices.

Yes, you're right. I have the DJI care refresh insurance but it sounds to me a nonsense to use it for just a plastic cover.
Ciao
2016-12-28
Use props
canistraccioil
lvl.1
Italy

DJI-Ken Posted at 2016-12-27 23:22
Was support able to help you out?

Hi Ken, the DJI support dept asked me to supply some pics of the required part and the purchase proof. I'm waiting for the reply.

Thank you.
Ciao
Paolo
2016-12-28
Use props
canistraccioil
lvl.1
Italy

hallmark007 Posted at 2016-12-27 23:33
Well maybe you should be investigating what happened, because if you used left stick down to land and your motors did not immediately shut down, when aircraft hit the ground , then you have almost certainly a problem with your IMU,

Thanks for the advice, I'm going to recalibrate IMU and compass before to let mavic fly again.
Ciao
2016-12-28
Use props
Pierre35
lvl.4
Flight distance : 117881 ft
Malaysia

I hope DJI able to supply small parts for easy repair. Not everytime we want to send the Mavic back for small issue. For me, I'll just use the 3D printer to fabricate small parts as replacement if I can't get it anywhere else.
2016-12-28
Use props
DJI-Ken
DJI team
  • >>>
United States

canistraccioil Posted at 2016-12-28 01:19
Hi Ken, the DJI support dept asked me to supply some pics of the required part and the purchase proof. I'm waiting for the reply.

Thank you.

OK, sounds good. Thanks.
2016-12-28
Use props
DJI-Ken
DJI team
  • >>>
United States

Pierre35 Posted at 2016-12-28 02:15
I hope DJI able to supply small parts for easy repair. Not everytime we want to send the Mavic back for small issue. For me, I'll just use the 3D printer to fabricate small parts as replacement if I can't get it anywhere else.

That's great if you have a 3D printer, it can be useful if you need to make a part.
2016-12-28
Use props
PsychoTank
lvl.1
Flight distance : 2234957 ft
United States

@canistraccioil What ever happened here did DJI send you a replacement part?  Or, did you have to send in the drone?  I had the rear right come off on me no Crash nothing weird.  Didn't even realize it was gone until I pulled the sim card for downloading.   Would really like to get fixed but I am definitely not sending in the whole drone for such a tiny part.  @DJI any advise on this issue??
2017-5-14
Use props
fans114d88c1
New
Flight distance : 31670 ft
Israel

Hi, where can i get this part, had a small crash today and this part just pop out and got lost..
2017-5-31
Use props
Glideslope
lvl.1
Flight distance : 38655 ft
United States

canistraccioil Posted at 2016-12-28 00:32
Thanks for the advice, I'm going to recalibrate IMU and compass before to let mavic fly again.
Ciao

You should calibrate the compass prior to every flying event, or significant change in location. I always have. I leave the IMU alone unless I receive an IMU alert.
2017-5-31
Use props
vixinet
New
Flight distance : 3182 ft
Portugal

Same here. Any idea @DJI ?
2017-6-10
Use props
laceyboy
lvl.4
Flight distance : 159820 ft
United States

Glideslope Posted at 2017-5-31 07:13
You should calibrate the compass prior to every flying event, or significant change in location. I always have. I leave the IMU alone unless I receive an IMU alert.

Please stop telling people to calibrate compass before each flight.
Read all manuals and advises again.
2017-6-10
Use props
Sprtbkrydr
Second Officer
Flight distance : 3777011 ft
United States

I never calibrate my compass and my Mavic works like a charm.
2017-6-10
Use props
Glideslope
lvl.1
Flight distance : 38655 ft
United States

laceyboy Posted at 2017-6-10 14:51
Please stop telling people to calibrate compass before each flight.
Read all manuals and advises again.

The Compass should be calibrated every flight to ensure proper magnetic alignment for the area you are in. Many people do this. You don't have to. It's your $1,000 device.  Study the Earths Magnetic Fluctuations.
2017-6-11
Use props
BossBob
lvl.1
Flight distance : 2048022 ft
United Kingdom

Glideslope Posted at 2017-6-11 05:00
The Compass should be calibrated every flight to ensure proper magnetic alignment for the area you are in. Many people do this. You don't have to. It's your $1,000 device.  Study the Earths Magnetic Fluctuations.

Read the manual. Page 52 of V1.6 of the manual tells you not to calibrate anything unless the app asks you to.
2017-6-11
Use props
vadimkimtv
New
Russia

Hi! I've lost Dji Mavic cap motor arm.
2017-7-3
Use props
vadimkimtv
New
Russia

Where can i buy it?
2017-7-3
Use props
vadimkimtv
New
Russia

foot cover cap

foot cover cap

foot cover cap

foot cover cap

foot cover cap

foot cover cap

foot cover cap

foot cover cap
2017-7-4
Use props
fanscbd0fffb
lvl.1
United Kingdom

vadimkimtv Posted at 2017-7-4 02:38
[view_image]

I have the same problem, have damaged the cover when a child managed to get hold of my drone on the ground for a second. Silly me. Has anyone found where to get these plastic covers under the rear motors from? I see 3D printed alternatives but the original parts would be better. Any luck anyone?
2017-9-16
Use props
djiuser_vrozJrK
New
United States

Did you ever get this resolved?  I had the same problem and opened ticket ... still waiting to hear from DJI.
2017-11-23
Use props
$gambino$
First Officer
Flight distance : 1563980 ft
United States

So again it seems like u crashed
2017-11-23
Use props
rolling56
Captain
Flight distance : 138310 ft
United States

I wondered how those came off. Sorry to hear you fellow Mavic fliers lost them.
2017-11-23
Use props
MaddPatter
lvl.1
Flight distance : 98219 ft
United States

Any luck finding those caps? I am striking out so far.
2017-12-11
Use props
Senecarus
New
Germany

Lost the same cap, during landing in bush. I wrote to DJI support and they send me spare for free. Great service! Thanks.
2017-12-20
Use props
droned in Orego
lvl.1
United States

I did a search and found them both on eBay and here:
Mavic moter cover
2017-12-26
Use props
droned in Orego
lvl.1
United States

droned in Orego Posted at 2017-12-26 13:06
I did a search and found them both on eBay and here:
Mavic moter cover

Haha, really I do know how to spell LOL "Motor"
2017-12-26
Use props
djiuser_7iobArUkSJGL
New
Flight distance : 187972 ft
United States

Same issue. I just talked to Customer Service and they told me the cap is part of the motor and needed to be sent to repair! Hard to believe.
2018-2-1
Use props
djiuser_7iobArUkSJGL
New
Flight distance : 187972 ft
United States

djiuser_7iobArUkSJGL Posted at 2018-2-1 12:37
Same issue. I just talked to Customer Service and they told me the cap is part of the motor and needed to be sent to repair! Hard to believe.

I called a drone repair center. They confirmed that I did not need to send in for repair and could order from them. It just snaps in. BUT he said awhile back they would have required it be sent for repair. I didn't really understand his reasoning but he mentioned that he didn't know if the cap came from DJI or a third-party vendor and it possibility would have been soldered to the motor. Does not make sense to me, but regardless, I'm paying $6.00 for a replacement and NOT sending to DJI Repair.
2018-2-1
Use props
Brad Bilger
Captain
Flight distance : 14764163 ft
United States

BossBob Posted at 2017-6-11 08:33
Read the manual. Page 52 of V1.6 of the manual tells you not to calibrate anything unless the app asks you to.

Read the manual.  Page 54 of v 2.0 of the manual has changed when to calibrate the compass.  
2018-2-1
Use props
$gambino$
First Officer
United States

Yea guess what brad bilger the manual changes all the time but tye fact is so many of us veterans do not calibrate every flight ... I guess what I have not lost a single quadcopter....i had a ,p2 p3p have p4, p4p, a mavic and a spark and only calibrated each of those one time when I got the aircraft I have not had a single issue I've been flying DJI products for years
2018-2-1
Use props
$gambino$
First Officer
United States

Seems like people who calibrate every flight run into trouble with bad calibrations not knowing what they were standing on or what was under the ground seems to be the going trend these days....
2018-2-1
Use props
12Next >
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules