Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
fans5e3a5928
lvl.1
Flight distance : 1087362 ft
  • >>>
Singapore

Hey Guys,

Wanted to share a strange experience I had today with my P4P ..
Below is a screen recording of my flight.

Notice in the start you see a message that states RTH set at 120M.
I have fast forwarded the flight to just before I hit the RTH.
Now Before hitting RTH switch I'm about 60+ meters. You will see the bird fly up to 120M and then start its journey back home. Now out of no where the bird increases altitude you can see there is no stick input. It just keeps rising ..I only notice it when it's about 200+M. I then cancel RTH take manual control and fly the bird back home. I'm going to be writing to Dji tomorrow asking them WTF is happening.

Link to my screen recording:
https://drive.google.com/open?id=0B4K-j1JuWzq9T3ZIcTZuUjZmaHc

Would love to hear from other users around the world if they have experienced any such issues.
2016-12-26
Use props
Geebax
First Officer
Australia

Yes, the issue is known and if you look about this site you will find others reporting the exact issue you are reporting. DJI have no answer for it yet, and most likely will not come here to acknowledge it. It most likely will be fixed in a future firmware update. And, not much point writing to DJI either.
2016-12-26
Use props
fans5e3a5928
lvl.1
  • >>>
Singapore

Damn.. hope this get sorted out soon ... nevertheless I'm going to still chase them on this if this ever causes a crash it will be pinned on to them .. thank you for your reply though
2016-12-26
Use props
New York Giants
lvl.3
Flight distance : 334774 ft
United States

Yep same issue for me.
2016-12-26
Use props
fans5e3a5928
lvl.1
  • >>>
Singapore

I am online with DJI now discussing this issue.. feels like im talking to a brick wall
2016-12-26
Use props
DJI Natalia
Administrator
Flight distance : 318 ft

As mentioned above, we will fix this issue with the next firmware version, very sorry for the inconvenience caused.
2016-12-27
Use props
trance728-
lvl.4
Flight distance : 298048 ft
  • >>>
United States

DJI Natalia Posted at 2016-12-27 05:28
As mentioned above, we will fix this issue with the next firmware version, very sorry for the inconvenience caused.

Do you have any kind of an estimate on when that firmware might release? And more importantly when an update for the + controller might be since it's still stuck with the old version of GO4.
2016-12-27
Use props
DJI Natalia
Administrator

trance728- Posted at 2016-12-27 22:23
Do you have any kind of an estimate on when that firmware might release? And more importantly when an update for the + controller might be since it's still stuck with the old version of GO4.

Sorry we've get the information recently, while we'll update the info once it's released, please keep an eye on our website.
2016-12-27
Use props
SPIKE_151
lvl.4
Flight distance : 69767 ft
United States

To the DJI admin, this has not been an issue for me with P4P yet, but our legal alititude limit in the UK is 122 metres above take off point. I set my RTH altitude to clear whatever maybe in my zone of flight where and when I fly, but consider that if the drone itself flies over the set altitude limit of 122 metres, I am open to prosecution by the Civilian Aircraft Authority in the UK. Therefore this is not just a glitch in the software which may cause inconvenience, it is a glitch that could land me in prison and or a big fine in court. As such one would think that DJI would give this issue maximum priority and send out a firmware update immediately, as you yourselves at DJI may find yourselves in court for contraveneing CAA and FAA regulations with no input from the pilot.
2016-12-28
Use props
Fiveform 2
lvl.2
Flight distance : 136230 ft
  • >>>
United States

This is certainly something I'll look out for with mine, but it hasn't occurred yet, as my altitude for RTH seems accurate to my settings.  Having said that I only use RTH function as an emergency or urgent option when I can't manually fly home.  Certainly, if I lost signal with the bird I'd want it to come home.  I wonder if the RTH altitude was set lower if it would still rise to the same higher altitude?  
2016-12-28
Use props
Mike-the-cat
lvl.4
Flight distance : 22488593 ft
  • >>>
New Zealand

Fiveform 2 Posted at 2016-12-28 22:05
This is certainly something I'll look out for with mine, but it hasn't occurred yet, as my altitude for RTH seems accurate to my settings.  Having said that I only use RTH function as an emergency or urgent option when I can't manually fly home.  Certainly, if I lost signal with the bird I'd want it to come home.  I wonder if the RTH altitude was set lower if it would still rise to the same higher altitude?

No issues with RTH set at default of 30m.
2016-12-28
Use props
fans6bd3057e
lvl.2
Flight distance : 1606201 ft
United States

DJI Natalia Posted at 2016-12-27 23:44
Sorry we've get the information recently, while we'll update the info once it's released, please keep an eye on our website.

Because I had the same experience on the RTH problem along with other problems ,I sent my DJI phantom 4 pro for a full refund within the seven day period more than 3 weeks ago and still have not received a refund for my drone or the dji care I purchased for the drone. My case number is  CAS 353342D2W6L2. Finally today I got off the chat and they claim the return has been approved for a refund and will get it soon.
Hoping DJI fixes the bug , but I cannot afford to get fined for flying over 400 feet and also risk crashing the drone
2016-12-29
Use props
fans6bd3057e
lvl.2
United States

SPIKE_151 Posted at 2016-12-28 01:36
To the DJI admin, this has not been an issue for me with P4P yet, but our legal alititude limit in the UK is 122 metres above take off point. I set my RTH altitude to clear whatever maybe in my zone of flight where and when I fly, but consider that if the drone itself flies over the set altitude limit of 122 metres, I am open to prosecution by the Civilian Aircraft Authority in the UK. Therefore this is not just a glitch in the software which may cause inconvenience, it is a glitch that could land me in prison and or a big fine in court. As such one would think that DJI would give this issue maximum priority and send out a firmware update immediately, as you yourselves at DJI may find yourselves in court for contraveneing CAA and FAA regulations with no input from the pilot.

I sent my pro 4 drone back three weeks ago because I had the same RTH problem along with other major problems. I sent it back within the seven day return policy and it has been three weeks and after several calls and chats they have informed me on chat that they have approved my refund so will see how long it takes to get the credit. I sent it back because I already have a phantom 4 and cannot have a drone that does not work.
I will reorder the 4 pro once DJI gets all the bugs worked out.
2016-12-29
Use props
fans6bd3057e
lvl.2
United States

Three weeks ago I sent my 4 pro back within the seven day period for a full refund because of this and other problems still waiting for a refund.
2016-12-29
Use props
fans6bd3057e
lvl.2
United States

fans5e3a5928 Posted at 2016-12-26 18:46
I am online with DJI now discussing this issue.. feels like im talking to a brick wall

DJI has the worst after sales customer service than anyone I have ever dealt with
2016-12-29
Use props
fans6bd3057e
lvl.2
United States

Fiveform 2 Posted at 2016-12-28 06:05

I had mine set lower than 150 feet and when I pressed return to home it shot 700 feet in the air and the aircraft would not return to home had to switch to atti mode and still had a major problem getting aircraft back to home , I was getting obstacle warnings and the aircraft would not move forward even though their were no obstacles anywhere near the aircraft. Sent it back for repair three weeks ago still waiting for a refund.
2016-12-29
Use props
DJI Natalia
Administrator

fans6bd3057e Posted at 2016-12-29 07:04
I had mine set lower than 150 feet and when I pressed return to home it shot 700 feet in the air and the aircraft would not return to home had to switch to atti mode and still had a major problem getting aircraft back to home , I was getting obstacle warnings and the aircraft would not move forward even though their were no obstacles anywhere near the aircraft. Sent it back for repair three weeks ago still waiting for a refund.

We feel very sorry for the inconvenience caused, we'd love to help you for any problems.
May I have your case number? we'll help you escalate the it.
2016-12-30
Use props
Svt04cobra
lvl.2
United States

This is very serious!! Mine has the camera gimbal problem. I hope when I get mine back it won't have this issue or i'm getting my money back!!!
2016-12-30
Use props
Drmerlin
lvl.3
Flight distance : 2441663 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

P4P+ drifting up ad down and also to the right and left. I am appalled by the number of problems. Am seriously considering returning this unless DJI act swiftly to resolve the problems. I am seriously unimpressed with this DJI product and would not advise anyone to touch it until the large number of bugs and problems have been resolved.
2016-12-31
Use props
fans6bd3057e
lvl.2
United States

DJI Natalia Posted at 2016-12-30 01:51
We feel very sorry for the inconvenience caused, we'd love to help you for any problems.
May I have your case number? we'll help you escalate the it.

Case number CAS 353342D2W6L2  thank you for your time anything you can do to get me my refund would be appreciated. I was a week ago refund was approved but still have not received the refund. Opened up a claim with pay pal to help move things along.
2017-1-1
Use props
DJI Natalia
Administrator

Drmerlin Posted at 2016-12-31 03:11
P4P+ drifting up ad down and also to the right and left. I am appalled by the number of problems. Am seriously considering returning this unless DJI act swiftly to resolve the problems. I am seriously unimpressed with this DJI product and would not advise anyone to touch it until the large number of bugs and problems have been resolved.

Drmerlin, sorry to hear about the issues, may I know have you contacted our tech support to report the case? If no, you please sync your flight records through APP, then send an e-mail to support.eu@dji.com with your APP account e-mail address and the exact time it happened, our engineers will help you analyze the data.
2017-1-1
Use props
DJI Natalia
Administrator

fans6bd3057e Posted at 2017-1-1 04:28
Case number CAS 353342D2W6L2  thank you for your time anything you can do to get me my refund would be appreciated. I was a week ago refund was approved but still have not received the refund. Opened up a claim with pay pal to help move things along.

Thanks for the information, we'll help you escalate the case and check what happened, since we have approved refund for you already.
2017-1-1
Use props
fans5e3a5928
lvl.1
  • >>>
Singapore

Dear  Dji Natalia,

My case number is CAS-381426-H9L1Z5.. on contacting dji email Suport on this issue with RTH I got a response saying that .. as the new feature of the P4Pro the main camera also detects obstacles and hence the drone is considering clouds as an obstacle therefore raising hight to avoid them .. I found this explanation very odd as drone being flying camera will also see clouds and to avoid them your looking at climbing way above any legal flying limit... I asked for a replacement as I had crossed the 7 day refund policy terms however I have still not got a clear answer on this .. it would be helpful if you can move this ahead as I'm very disappointed with the way this has been dealt with .. I spoke to the chat support today and they tell me my flight records are under analysis.. request a revert on this asap ..
2017-1-2
Use props
Drmerlin
lvl.3
Flight distance : 2441663 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

DJI Natalia Posted at 2017-1-1 23:31
Drmerlin, sorry to hear about the issues, may I know have you contacted our tech support to report the case? If no, you please sync your flight records through APP, then send an e-mail to  with your APP account e-mail address and the exact time it happened, our engineers will help you analyze the data.

Thank you. I took the P4P+ back to the dealer. They flew it and agreed that it should be returned to DJI. I swapped it for the P4P. Today I lost all radio and video signal at 2000' out! The aircraft did a RTH but I do not trust it. I immediately flew the same route on my Mavic Pro without any problems.

1. Still getting the excess windspeed warning in 3mph winds (but not on the Mavic)
2. Get an SD card not recognised error
3. Drops frames on video feedback even quite close by
4. Strange gimbal behaviour cycling up and down until I take off.

Not at all impressed so far... I have had several DJI aircraft (including a P4) before now and never experienced so many problems. I think I am going to take this one back to the dealer as well.

Will try with one more replacement aircraft. If this does not work, I will ask for my money back....
2017-1-2
Use props
fans5e3a5928
lvl.1
  • >>>
Singapore

Drmerlin,

Yes I too am having the signal loss issues .. bout 2.5-3000 meters aircraft totally disconnects and initiates RTH .. which I too don't trust any more .. I have had friends fly the same pot with a phantom 4 and a Phantom 3 advance having no issues whatsoever... it's very disheartening to see older generations birds perform much better than the latest P4Pro... looks like DJI have failed this time around .. let's see how they handle this
2017-1-2
Use props
DJI Natalia
Administrator

fans6bd3057e Posted at 2017-1-1 04:28

Update: Your case has been escalated, please double check it again, everything should be fine now.
Please feel free to let us know for any further problems, thanks for your supporting!
2017-1-2
Use props
DJI Natalia
Administrator

fans5e3a5928 Posted at 2017-1-2 08:31
Dear  Dji Natalia,

My case number is CAS-381426-H9L1Z5.. on contacting dji email Suport on this issue with RTH I got a response saying that .. as the new feature of the P4Pro the main camera also detects obstacles and hence the drone is considering clouds as an obstacle therefore raising hight to avoid them .. I found this explanation very odd as drone being flying camera will also see clouds and to avoid them your looking at climbing way above any legal flying limit... I asked for a replacement as I had crossed the 7 day refund policy terms however I have still not got a clear answer on this .. it would be helpful if you can move this ahead as I'm very disappointed with the way this has been dealt with .. I spoke to the chat support today and they tell me my flight records are under analysis.. request a revert on this asap ..

Very sorry for the confusion caused, we've double checked your case, our support sent you an e-mail to explain it in detail as well.
The aircraft will climb once the front VPS detects the obstacles during RTH which does good for flight safety, according to your flight records, there is no problem with the aircraft, please do not worry about it.
For the situation you reported, it will be improved with the next firmware version, our engineers are working on it now.
Sorry for the inconvenience caused, thanks again for your support!

2017-1-2
Use props
fans5e3a5928
lvl.1
  • >>>
Singapore

Dji Natalia,

Thank you for your response.
As you would have noticed that I have a few issues mentioned under the case number given ..
Assuming the RTH high increase over the prefixed high limit is just a firmware issue .. I hope to hear from your team on a solution. However I have also reported aircraft signal loss issues at 2.5km and above .. its not a location based issue as I have a few friends flying with me at the same time and location using their P4 and P3 advance without any issues whatsoever.. surpassing the 2.5km mark and still holding strong signal on both the remote and the HD live feed.. I am still facing the same issues even after going a firmware refresh / downgrading the firmware and relinking the remote controls .. it would be great if a solution could be provided as when the aircraft disconnects it initiates RTH which scares me cause the bird at times just keeps rising .... having the latest P4Pro being outperformed by the P4 and the P3Advance surely doesn't go well with the P4Pro being advertised as the most advanced drone ever made by Dji in the Phantom series
2017-1-2
Use props
SPIKE_151
lvl.4
Flight distance : 69767 ft
United States

Have only flown my P4P on three flights so far for about 5 km total, but it has been excellent, flies like a dream, its fantastically stable in the hover, at 2 km range had 5 bars signal to RC and TV receive. Cant fault it really it has been a dream to use compared to my hubsan 501 S and my P3 standard. Takes wonderful pictures and video.

2017-1-3
Use props
fans6bd3057e
lvl.2
United States

DJI Natalia Posted at 2017-1-2 19:00
Update: Your case has been escalated, please double check it again, everything should be fine now.
Please feel free to let us know for any further problems, thanks for your supporting!

Natalia
Thanks you Pay Pal just processed the credit to my account for 1499.00
I am still waiting for the 149.00 that I paid for the DJI care but I assume I will be getting that refunded soon.
I plan on purchasing the product again in two months if all the bugs in software is worked out by then. Sorry I had problems with this item.
2017-1-3
Use props
fans5e3a5928
lvl.1
  • >>>
Singapore

SPIKE_151 Posted at 2017-1-3 01:35
Have only flown my P4P on three flights so far for about 5 km total, but it has been excellent, flies like a dream, its fantastically stable in the hover, at 2 km range had 5 bars signal to RC and TV receive. Cant fault it really it has been a dream to use compared to my hubsan 501 S and my P3 standard. Takes wonderful pictures and video.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vq-pGi4Cbjs&t=20s

That's what I was expecting when I bought my P4Pro.
Hopefully after all the up and down emails between dji and myself I can finally get a problem free Phantom 4Pro ..
2017-1-3
Use props
BashP4P+
lvl.2

United Kingdom

This may seem like a daft question. what is the best way to test RTH is working all good and no problems. Im a beginner with a P4P+ and reading about fly aways is scary. I intend to learn practice a lot of Atti mode flying. So eg this problem of the bird flying really high or any RTH problems. Whats safest way to test the RTH ? Im assuming if eg it begins to fly away from you? Flip into atti mode and try bring it back as safely slowly as possible?

Thank you
2017-1-3
Use props
BeamMeUpScotty
lvl.2
Flight distance : 20446 ft
United States

fans6bd3057e Posted at 2016-12-29 07:04

Feet or meters?  Mine shows meters on the RTH height...yet the readout is in feet even though I selected imperial and not metric.  I had to calculate my ceiling in meters.  Not a big deal if you notice that.  Pretty big deal if you don't.  You may have caught that...but just thought I would put it out there.
2017-1-3
Use props
BeamMeUpScotty
lvl.2
United States

fans5e3a5928 Posted at 2017-1-2 08:31
Dear  Dji Natalia,

Wow thanks for posting this.  Here in the States as a part 107 certified pilot we are not able to operate out of the line of site and we have to stay a certain distance under and horizontally away from clouds...so probably will not happen to me, but did not know that would happen.  Very helpful...thanks.
2017-1-3
Use props
BeamMeUpScotty
lvl.2
United States

Drmerlin Posted at 2017-1-2 12:37
Thank you. I took the P4P+ back to the dealer. They flew it and agreed that it should be returned to DJI. I swapped it for the P4P. Today I lost all radio and video signal at 2000' out! The aircraft did a RTH but I do not trust it. I immediately flew the same route on my Mavic Pro without any problems.

1. Still getting the excess windspeed warning in 3mph winds (but not on the Mavic)

Dr Merlin,

I'm not having all the same problems but some of them.   I was getting some of the frame drops as well and when I played it on the computer it would also drop frames.  For some reason when I loaded the video to the google drive and then played the dropped frames disappeared.

I also have the gimbal cycling up and down about 50 percent of the time and even got a gimbal motor overload warning.  Did all sorts of things to resolve it.  If it is a grassy area a few blades of grass would cause this. Literally not a patch...just a few blades.  Not sure if that is normal or not.  
2017-1-3
Use props
DJI Natalia
Administrator

fans6bd3057e Posted at 2017-1-3 04:42
Natalia
Thanks you Pay Pal just processed the credit to my account for 1499.00
I am still waiting for the 149.00 that I paid for the DJI care but I assume I will be getting that refunded soon.

Glad to hear about that, please keep us posted for any further questions, we'd love to try our best to help you!
2017-1-3
Use props
Geebax
First Officer
Australia

BeamMeUpScotty Posted at 2017-1-3 12:01
Dr Merlin,

I'm not having all the same problems but some of them.   I was getting some of the frame drops as well and when I played it on the computer it would also drop frames.  For some reason when I loaded the video to the google drive and then played the dropped frames disappeared.

'For some reason when I loaded the video to the google drive and then played the dropped frames disappeared.'

That is because the camera was not dropping frames at all, actually it cannot do that. If there is a problem, it stops recording altogether. The reason you see skipping frames is because you playback was too slow. Perhaps you were trying to play the file back from the SD card? That can cause it to skip, and it probably explains why it was OK once you copied it to Google drive.
2017-1-4
Use props
OutandAbout
lvl.1

Australia

I bought a brand new Phantom 4 Pro Plus for my first drone and I am disappointed.  I managed to update the firmware on the quadcopter but I cannot get the remote controller to work and the DJI customer service is atrocious.
2017-1-9
Use props
fans6bd3057e
lvl.2
United States

With the latest firmware updates has the RTH problem and wind warnings been fixed. I returned my phantom 4 pro weeks ago because I had both of these problems would like to re purchase if the problems have been fixed
2017-1-18
Use props
fans5e3a5928
lvl.1
  • >>>
Singapore

fans6bd3057e Posted at 2017-1-18 06:00
With the latest firmware updates has the RTH problem and wind warnings been fixed. I returned my phantom 4 pro weeks ago because I had both of these problems would like to re purchase if the problems have been fixed

With my few test flights the RTH issue was definitely fixed.. wind warnings maybe not .. I've not ordered a P4Pro+ and let's see if this good streak continues ..
2017-1-18
Use props
12Next >
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules