3690 18 2015-2-13
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
m.friedl
lvl.4
Flight distance : 3 ft
Austria

Hello @ALL-Experts,

Who can explay the Funtion of DHP to me to understand it really.

Today i was out with my Phantom and hoped i can use it as "follow me" Function but i think i´m wrong because nothing happens when i moved myself with iPhone from the Phantom (may be not far enough?)

Please give me as detailed Informations as you can to use this Feature.

Regards Mike
2015-2-13
Use props
johnwarr.live
First Officer
Flight distance : 6467 ft
United Kingdom

It is NOT a follow me function, all it does is reset the home point for RTH to the location of your smartphone every few seconds while in flight.

I tried it once and had a "not enough power to return home" message while out over the water, everything was ok but I turned off the DHP after that.
2015-2-13
Use props
m.friedl
lvl.4
Austria

Okay, in which Situation makes this Feature Sense.

I´ll give an Example: I want to Film a moving Car, and after finish filming just to be save that original HP is not used i want to have the HP set close to the Car.

What happens driving the Car, loss of Connection (Remote Control) happens ?
Will the Phantom follow me to a save Place where the Car stops because of connection with Camera?

I´m trying to understand this Feature in Detail !

Mike
2015-2-13
Use props
johnwarr.live
First Officer
United Kingdom

Nope, if you louse connection and the Phantom goes into RTH with DHP active it will go and land at the last point it tracked your phone BEFORE it lost connection. So wherever your phone was a few seconds before is where it will return to.
2015-2-13
Use props
m.friedl
lvl.4
Austria

In which Situation will this Feature make Sense and where is it usefull?
Give me some Ideas.

You wrote It will land at the latest Position after loss of Connection, but i sayd Connection of Remote Control fails and Camera is still working.
How is DHP transmitted?

Sorry for penetrant asking, but i´m trying to understand it.

Mike
2015-2-13
Use props
johnwarr.live
First Officer
United Kingdom

As I said I tried it once and turned it off, so no good asking me what is so special  about it.
I guess that if you take-off and then walk about abit then it is useful to have the RTH point near your new location.
Personally I hardly ever use RTH as I fly back home under my own control when the battery is getting low or I have finished taking photos.
In my opinion RTH should be a last resort failsafe and not relied on for normal flying as some people seem to.
2015-2-13
Use props
BWJ
Second Officer

Denmark

You can use it as a kind of follow me, fly a little away, hop on the bike and drive the opposite way, shut off transmitter and the Phantom will try to catch you, until it runs out of battery
2015-2-13
Use props
m.friedl
lvl.4
Austria

Hope for more Experts here.

Thank you John
2015-2-13
Use props
bbrunner11.gmai
lvl.1

United States

it uses the wifi signal to transmit your phone's GPS coordinates every couple of seconds.  If you lose control connection but still have wifi, then it will come back to wherever your phone is... so it's pretty obvious that if you are moving at a speed greater than the quad can fly, you will eventually lose wifi connection and your bird will return to wherever the last recorded home point was... some point between where the bird is and where you are.  as long as there is a wifi connection it will transmit the home point, so if you travel out of range you will need to turn around and re-establish the wifi connection or it will just land.  however, chances are you will lose the wifi signal way before losing the control connection, so it's almost a moot point.

edit:  also of note, if your cell phone has a crap gps connection, then DHP can be anywhere in the circle, so make sure of your phone's GPS connection before even attempting this (ie, in google maps, it should be a tiny dot, not a blue circle around a tiny dot)
2015-2-13
Use props
Eirlink
lvl.4

Ireland

When GPS signal is available on the remote, the Home Point automatically refreshes. This becomes useful while traveling in a car or on a boat allowing the return-to-home point to move where the operator goes. Multiple configurations are available via the Dynamic Home Point function.
this is available on the inspire and works really well because theres an in built GPS receiver in the rtransmitter radio, so the craft knows where the operator is in real time rather than the take off  point
2015-2-13
Use props
m.friedl
lvl.4
Austria

Okay Guys, now i can see the important Connectionpoints.

Drone gets GPS-Info for HP from mobile Device such as iP(D)h(R)one via WiFi Transmitter even RC is Online or not - this is very important to know

Thank you ALL for this usefull Informations.

Mike
2015-2-13
Use props
robin.ostlin.in
lvl.1

Sweden

So would not "Home Lock" give the follow function?
Raining here so I can not test that right now, but with Dynamic Home Point AND Home Lock in Naza-mode, it should actually follow?!
2015-2-20
Use props
xzces
lvl.3
Flight distance : 81526 ft
  • >>>
Suriname

Dynamic homepoint comes in handy if, like you pointed out are filming a moving car. Say you travel 1 mile in the car and something does go wrong, you don't need to race back and search for your phantom. It will land at the last recorded location of your cell phone. It also comes in handy when launching from a boat. Obviously you won't be speeding while flying but you will definitely move around while your birds in the air. As your homepoint will be corrected you would have adequate space and time to manoeuvre your boat to catch the phantom.

The most important thing is to always check on the app if the homepoint settings are correct. Check the distance to the phantom, if it is realistic. I personally don't use dhp and will probably only use it when on water. But i fly and land manually, rth is strictly for emergencies imho.

Homepoint lock is something totally different. It locks your crafts bearing to the homepoint, regardless if its dynamic or static. That is for me the most useful feature on tbe the phantom! In bright sunlight, when you can't see your phantom, if you switch to homepoint lock you just pull down on the right stick and the phantom returns to you, regardless to where the nose is pointing.
2015-2-20
Use props
gregorysivik
New

United States

Does anyone know if you can use Home Lock with Dynamic Home Point enabled to circle a moving boat by simply using the left or right roll on the joystick?
2015-2-27
Use props
Gunny Huntarr
lvl.2

United States

gregorysivik@gm Posted at 2015-2-28 01:04
Does anyone know if you can use Home Lock with Dynamic Home Point enabled to circle a moving boat by ...

Yes, Ole Gunny's used it to follow while inside a moving truck. Circling and panning with yaw.
2015-2-27
Use props
gregorysivik
New

United States

Gunny Huntarr Posted at 2015-2-28 01:10
Yes, Ole Gunny's used it to follow while inside a moving truck. Circling and panning with yaw.

Perfect - thank you!
2015-2-27
Use props
gregorysivik
New

United States

I heard rumor that DJI changed its warranty down to 30 days. Is that true?
2015-2-27
Use props
johnwarr
First Officer
United Kingdom

The off-topic gods are strong with this one...
2015-2-27
Use props
Gunny Huntarr
lvl.2

United States

Ole Gunny prefers the term random tangent expert
http://www.dji.com/service/warranty-period

2015-2-27
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules