12Next >
46951 46 2016-12-26
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Camper Bob
lvl.2
Flight distance : 38635 ft
United States

I am slowly getting to know my Mavic.  I have recorded some video but would like to know how to view and edit them.  Is it possible to view and edit from a PC?  I would be interested to also get a manual for the program that will allow me to view and edit them.
2016-12-26
Use props
CW Hobbies
lvl.3

United States

SD card reader. You have to take sd card out and put in PC.
I use a Mac so not sure which program to use.
2016-12-26
Use props
Pierre35
lvl.3
Flight distance : 117881 ft
Malaysia

I use Davinci Resolve on Windows 10. It's free and very powerful software use for color grading and editing clips. Just go thru a simple tutorial at Youtube to learn the basic on editing and color grading.
2016-12-26
Use props
OhOhDrone
lvl.3
Flight distance : 526076 ft
United States

Do you take 4k videos? If you do you need to make sure your PC is capable of playing it.

I used to not be able to play 4k videos until I bought a new laptop.
2016-12-26
Use props
Camper Bob
lvl.2
United States

OhOhDrone Posted at 2016-12-26 20:42
Do you take 4k videos? If you do you need to make sure your PC is capable of playing it.

I did insert the SD card from the drone and inserted in a card reader and put it into my PC.  The card was recognized as another drive.  Was able to open the file but I don't have a program that will read/view the files.  This is my problem.  What program to use that I can install on my PC that will allow me to view and or edit those videos.
2016-12-26
Use props
trance728-
lvl.4
Flight distance : 298048 ft
  • >>>
United States

3rd post has a recommended program.
2016-12-26
Use props
Petroboy
lvl.4
Flight distance : 3681 ft
Canada

Camper Bob Posted at 2016-12-26 22:53
I did insert the SD card from the drone and inserted in a card reader and put it into my PC.  The card was recognized as another drive.  Was able to open the file but I don't have a program that will read/view the files.  This is my problem.  What program to use that I can install on my PC that will allow me to view and or edit those videos.

You should be able to open and watch the video on your PC with a built-in player of either Windows Media Player or QuickTime.  With Windows10 the built-in player is called something else.  Just right-click on the file and choose "Open with" and see what programs pop up.  Should be defaulted to one program.
2016-12-26
Use props
Camper Bob
lvl.2
United States

Petroboy Posted at 2016-12-26 22:59
You should be able to open and watch the video on your PC with a built-in player of either Windows Media Player or QuickTime.  With Windows10 the built-in player is called something else.  Just right-click on the file and choose "Open with" and see what programs pop up.  Should be defaulted to one program.

OK.  All better now.  Seems that Microsoft Video Player will not play .mov videos.  I spoke with Microsoft and they do not have a driver for the .mov videos.  We downloaded another viewer and now can view the Mavic video files.  The DaVinci program required a faster video card than is in my laptop.  Anyway got it fixed.  Thanks for the help.
2016-12-27
Use props
trance728-
lvl.4
Flight distance : 298048 ft
  • >>>
United States

Camper Bob Posted at 2016-12-27 12:23
OK.  All better now.  Seems that Microsoft Video Player will not play .mov videos.  I spoke with Microsoft and they do not have a driver for the .mov videos.  We downloaded another viewer and now can view the Mavic video files.  The DaVinci program required a faster video card than is in my laptop.  Anyway got it fixed.  Thanks for the help.

Windows Media Player does play .mov files if you have an up to date version, they play fine on my computer. Judging by your response about your video card I'm assuming your computer is a bit dated. So just a heads up, don't even bother trying to watch or edit video higher than 1080 resolution because your computer probably won't be fast enough to process it.
2016-12-27
Use props
christing
lvl.2

Japan

If you are shooting 4K files from your Mavic, you'd better look at the tutorial how to play 4K in Windows Media Player. Actually, it's not so smoth as you expect to get 4K footage play in WMP.
2017-6-6
Use props
fansae5c7e72
New
Flight distance : 58169 ft
United States

I'm a full time in house graphic artist at Stanley Black & Decker and I spend a lot of time creating and editing videos. But as said before, Windows 10 has eliminated Quick Time player support hence why you cant play .MOV's and probably MP4's. Any video I create from RAW footage, whether it be .mov, .MTS, etc I have to use a special program to convert the final exported video as a WMV.  No matter what it has its drawbacks, converting to a WMV distorts colors (which is really a pain to re-color correct again) so my preferred program of choice for editing on a mac is Adobe Premiere/after effects or Final cut pro/motion.

There is a way to get your original footage (.MOV) converted to an editable format (WMV) if you plan on using whatever Windows come with - there is a free online video converter -
http://www.files-conversion.com/ or https://clipchamp.com/en/video-converter

Hope this helps! HAPPY FLYING
2017-6-17
Use props
alex17pat
New

India

One of the Best Media Players for Windows PC which I know are
1. VLC Media Player
2. Media Player Classic- Home Cinema
3. 5K Player
4. UM Player
5. GOM Media Player
source:- [url]http://merabheja.com/free-media-players/[/url]
2017-10-6
Use props
Jos A
Second Officer
Flight distance : 73209 ft
Netherlands

VLC player is fine.
Try to record in 2k. and mp4 (settings) but if you use Davinci Resolve 14 better use  mov files.
2017-10-6
Use props
DJ Enertia
lvl.3
Flight distance : 614065 ft
Australia

OhOhDrone Posted at 2016-12-26 20:42

If u have half decent Video card you can Set and use the (DSR)Dynamic Super Resolution through Nvidia Control Panel for Videos and Games and force the resolution up to 4k
2017-10-6
Use props
beingtricks123
New

India

Hi, you can use Filmora Video Editing Software to edit your videos and here's the Filmora Review - https://www.techtricksworld.com/ ... ng-software-review/
2018-3-4
Use props
christing
lvl.2

United States

Based on our testing, we know that the majority of playback, editing work is still being finished in 1080p. In most cases, we still need to downscale 4K to 1080p or 2K properly. Besides, the 4K MP4 or MOV files from Mavic is beyond the compatibility of Windows Media Player. We'd better convert Phantom 4 Pro 4K to WMP friendly format. To achieve the goal, Brorsoft Video Converter is considered to be the best choice.
2018-3-6
Use props
bestblogname
New

India

Enter a word that you need your area name to incorporate. Hunt. Utilize Shopify's area name generator to scan for business names and check space accessibility in a split second. best blog name generator tools
2018-4-26
Use props
Tealk
lvl.4
Flight distance : 479613 ft
Romania

you can use as well VLC Media PLayer ...it is free
2018-4-26
Use props
jumping
lvl.2
Flight distance : 40141 ft
United States

CW Hobbies Posted at 2016-12-26 18:47
SD card reader. You have to take sd card out and put in PC.
I use a Mac so not sure which program to use.

Thats one way but how about the other way . Isn't there some internal storage cache  which records when you forget the SD card
2018-11-19
Use props
tiz
New

India

Hey, you can try Keepvid pro, which helps to view the video & also download it.
2019-1-3
Use props
AlansDronePics
Second Officer
Flight distance : 814751 ft
United Kingdom

Here are a few tips I discovered that improve the drone video experience.
I use win 10 with latest updates on a Dell XPS 13 with  I7 processor with 4K output that matches this screen (Important the screen can reproduce the same pixels arrangement the movi puts out). Earlier versions of Win 10 played poorly on the native player (MP4) so I used VLC. However, at the moment, VLC is slightly jerky on movement but perfect on the native player. I have never bothered with .MOV format. I did try Drone video playback on a new I5 processor, but hopeless...
Always run your movie from the hard drive. Copy from SD or external hard drive to internal drive for best results. Reason, there are many circuitry bottlenecks between the fast medium and processor with external devices. A fast SD or HD is no indication of performance if it has to pass through other hardware. This is even more important when editing.
Screen issues. The first and most important factor in a clear image is the resolution match between image and screen pixels. Any up or down scaling will always result in less than optimum clarity.
If you use a win 10 computer, use Task Manager (Ctrl Alt Del keys pressed simultaneously) to shut down any unnecessary running programs if you experience poor performance from your editor. Even with multi threading, the processor can only process bits of a program at any time. This will always impact on the editor performance.
By connecting up your drone by usb cable, it should look like an external storage device. Drag off a copy of the video to hard drive and work/play it from there.

I hope this might help someone.
2019-1-4
Use props
fansc75c916b
lvl.1
Flight distance : 37060 ft
United States

fansae5c7e72 Posted at 2017-6-17 04:52
I'm a full time in house graphic artist at Stanley Black & Decker and I spend a lot of time creating and editing videos. But as said before, Windows 10 has eliminated Quick Time player support hence why you cant play .MOV's and probably MP4's. Any video I create from RAW footage, whether it be .mov, .MTS, etc I have to use a special program to convert the final exported video as a WMV.  No matter what it has its drawbacks, converting to a WMV distorts colors (which is really a pain to re-color correct again) so my preferred program of choice for editing on a mac is Adobe Premiere/after effects or Final cut pro/motion.

There is a way to get your original footage (.MOV) converted to an editable format (WMV) if you plan on using whatever Windows come with - there is a free online video converter -

I was actually able to compress the video, using the 'clipchamp' tool. Odd thing. The only difference between the one I had to compress and another video shot the same day, that did not require compression, was the size of the file, 3 gigs versus .8 of a gig. They were both shot at the same resolution, etc. Apparently, my laptop wants to 'prefetch' enough of the file to have continuous play, and fails on larger files. Does this sound logical?
2019-2-2
Use props
Silverback60
lvl.1
Flight distance : 5558 ft
United Kingdom

Camper Bob Posted at 2016-12-26 21:53
I did insert the SD card from the drone and inserted in a card reader and put it into my PC.  The card was recognized as another drive.  Was able to open the file but I don't have a program that will read/view the files.  This is my problem.  What program to use that I can install on my PC that will allow me to view and or edit those videos.

Hi there just new to mavic myself but I found VLC media player will usually do the trick!!
2019-7-18
Use props
top9stuff
New

Mavic drones are best but a little expensive.
2019-9-4
Use props
top9stuff
New

this forum is really nice to learn more things most of the profiles and people are real.
2019-9-4
Use props
top9stuff
New

THESE DONES ARE AWESOME
2019-9-4
Use props
top9stuff
New

Can anyone tell me the best price of these drones where can I buy these?
2019-9-4
Use props
top9stuff
New

I am really too much interested in drones but I am a little confused from where should I buy these? I read a review on https://top9stuff.com they recommended me to buy though Ali EXpress.
2019-9-4
Use props
top9stuff
New

I am really too much interested in drones but I am a little confused from where should I buy these? I read a review on they recommended me to buy though Ali EXpress. see here ; https://top9stuff.com
2019-9-4
Use props
Daivd
lvl.1

United States

iDealshare VideoGo can convert between MOV, WMV, MP4, MPG, AVI, MKV, FLV, WebM etc with high video quality. Step 1: Add premiere pro exported video files to iDealshare VideoGo. Step 2: Click Profile drop down button to select desired video format Step 3: Click Convert button.
2019-12-15
Use props
lvl.1

India

https://steptoiit.com/bitcoin-as-money/

[ Last edited by 78945612345689 In 2020-8-3 01:27 Editor ]\n\n<a>https://steptoiit.com/what-is-computer-basic-information/ </a>

2020-8-3
Use props
lvl.1

India

know in-depth details of bitcoin at this website https://steptoiit.com/bitcoin-as-money/

<a href="">https://steptoiit.com/what-is-computer-basic-information/</a>

2020-8-3
Use props
lvl.1

India

https://steptoiit.com/bitcoin-as-money/   
<a >What is Computer</a>

<a >What is Computer</a>

2020-8-3
Use props
lvl.1

India

https://steptoiit.com/bitcoin-as-money/]bitcoin as money[/url]
2020-8-3
Use props
lvl.1

India

https://steptoiit.com/what-is-computer-basic-information/

2020-8-3
Use props
dpbos
lvl.1

India

08435035304 call for query matka game , satta king , satta matka , matka 420 , india matka , dp boss , boss matka , kalyan chart , madhur matka  , satta bazar ,
2020-8-8
Use props
lymer
New

United States

Tealk Posted at 2018-4-26 03:27
you can use as well VLC Media PLayer ...it is free

I cannot figure out how to do this... What format do you change the video to?
2020-11-11
Use props
lymer
New

United States

What file type do I convert my DJI Mavic 2 Zoom videos too? The videos are great until about 28 seconds, then they get super choppy. I have read that it is my computer and not the video. How do I fix this?
2020-11-11
Use props
n3
lvl.2

Kuwait

Yeah,  you can transfer the files from you mobile to pc with usb
2020-12-9
Use props
n3
lvl.2

Kuwait

Adobe Premiere Pro