High velocity wind warning
1157 5 2016-12-27
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Kevin16
lvl.3
Flight distance : 353642 ft
Australia

I've getting this error much more frequently over the past two firmwares (updated to lastest today) and it seems to coem out if I go to 100 - 120 meters with very little wind.  

Are there plans to lower the sensitivity that triggers this alert?  It spoils a good session.
2016-12-27
Use props
Angelo26
lvl.4
Flight distance : 799718 ft
Austria

The more warning messages the safer the flight .............     It´s just a warning to keep You alert ............... Never underestimate wind speed-differences between GROUND and 100m flight-level ! You could be protected from wind by trees/houses/hills on the ground but windspeeds at 100 m can be 4 times higher AND turbulent (esp. in non-flat areas with heavy thermal-bubbles like in an Australian hot summer).

You can test this by releasing a helium-balloon .....................
2016-12-27
Use props
Kevin16
lvl.3
Flight distance : 353642 ft
Australia

Angelo26 Posted at 2016-12-27 21:16
The more warning messages the safer the flight .............     It´s just a warning to keep You alert ............... Never underestimate wind speed-differences between GROUND and 100m flight-level ! You could be protected from wind by trees/houses/hills on the ground but windspeeds at 100 m can be 4 times higher AND turbulent (esp. in non-flat areas with heavy thermal-bubbles like in an Australian hot summer).

You can test this by releasing a helium-balloon .....................

The warnings are pretty much the time to adjust the flight altitude or to decide to bring it home.  I get that it's better to know than to not but it seemed to be much less sensitive before the past two firmware updates and it handled perfectly fine.  I took it to the mountains where it was visibly fighting the wind but didn't alert me.  I guess a nicer in between would suffice.
2016-12-27
Use props
fans05e6c58a
lvl.3
United States

I have been watching the tops of trees cause I may not feel much wind on the ground but 100ft up the trees are moving perty good and if it looks to bad I don't fly.
2016-12-27
Use props
DJI-Ken
DJI team
Flight distance : 1515312 ft
  • >>>
United States

It's a more enhanced warning system for you so you can recognize the wind may be stronger at your flight altitude.
2016-12-27
Use props
DJI-Ken
DJI team
Flight distance : 1515312 ft
  • >>>
United States

fans05e6c58a Posted at 2016-12-27 10:34
I have been watching the tops of trees cause I may not feel much wind on the ground but 100ft up the trees are moving perty good and if it looks to bad I don't fly.

That's a good suggestion.
Many people have lost their aircraft from the winds being too strong and they fly downwind and the aircraft cannot make it back.
If you do fly in strong winds and are a long distance flyer, always head out upwind so you'll be able to ride with the wind coming back.
And if you are a high altitude flyer, the wind can be coming from a different direction from the aircraft altitude to where you are standing.
2016-12-27
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules