Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
Faulty OSMO Mobile Motor
2197 6 2016-12-27
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Jon Dow
lvl.2
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Hi All,

Is anyone else having this issue with their OSMO Mobile?  Please see the video.

Video:  

Mine has a creaky and stiff rear motor which makes the unit think it has reached it's articulation of movement range a lot sooner than it should, and is stopping it from being reliable.  

It's been used a few times and otherwise sat in the house in its soft case or on the base on charge.

I am waiting for SLR Hut to get bak to me and see if it's to be swapped over etc.  

Thanks.

2016-12-27
Use props
Jon Dow
lvl.2
  • >>>
United Kingdom

CORRECTION:  Tis one was bought directly with DJI UK.   I need to get help in swapping the unit so I will contact CS.
2016-12-27
Use props
studiofriday
lvl.1
Flight distance : 73501 ft
United Kingdom

I've had a very similar problem, I found small bits of debris in between the gap.

I brought osmo mobile from the new shanghai Dji shop, the staff noticed a bit of noise coming from the motor but it was still moving smoothly at that stage.

It pretty much failed all day on christmas day which was very annoying - I just tried blowing air into that gap and it seems to have fixed the problem.

I'll update this post if it starts failing again.
2016-12-29
Use props
Jon Dow
lvl.2
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Well HATS OFF to DJI .  They already fixed it faster than they said and it's being shipped to me to arrive tomorrow.  Gone 1 week, not 3-4).  Their customer services are way better than they used to be.  But that's to be expected, what with the product line-up they have now - Mavics, Phantoms, Inspires, Spreading Wings, Lightbridge, Osmo, Mobile, Ronin etc.  And as competitors join the market (bye bye GoPro Karma!) and countries have stricter rules on droning, they have come on leaps.
2017-1-11
Use props
A1000
lvl.3
Flight distance : 149760 ft
United Kingdom

Jon Dow Posted at 2017-1-11 09:02
Well HATS OFF to DJI .  They already fixed it faster than they said and it's being shipped to me to arrive tomorrow.  Gone 1 week, not 3-4).  Their customer services are way better than they used to be.  But that's to be expected, what with the product line-up they have now - Mavics, Phantoms, Inspires, Spreading Wings, Lightbridge, Osmo, Mobile, Ronin etc.  And as competitors join the market (bye bye GoPro Karma!) and countries have stricter rules on droning, they have come on leaps.

Good to hear. I had what sounds like a similar issue, although my rear motor only started to squeak quite loudly. I was able to return it to Apple as it was within their returns window luckily.
2017-1-11
Use props
Jon Dow
lvl.2
  • >>>
United Kingdom

A1000 Posted at 2017-1-11 09:07
Good to hear. I had what sounds like a similar issue, although my rear motor only started to squeak quite loudly. I was able to return it to Apple as it was within their returns window luckily.

It's great.  Also, DJI decided to send me a brand new OSMO Mobile kit with cellophane around the box.  I was asked to keep all the accessories I didn't need to send back, so now I have extra components and battery. So I guess thanks a lot for that.
2017-1-14
Use props
A1000
lvl.3
Flight distance : 149760 ft
United Kingdom

Jon Dow Posted at 2017-1-14 10:23
It's great.  Also, DJI decided to send me a brand new OSMO Mobile kit with cellophane around the box.  I was asked to keep all the accessories I didn't need to send back, so now I have extra components and battery. So I guess thanks a lot for that.

That's all good, and pretty useful to have a second set of accessories such as the charging cable!
2017-1-15
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules