Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
Car charger status LED meaning.
6536 15 2016-12-27
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
StianGel
Captain
Flight distance : 686654 ft
Norway

Tested my car charger today.
Worked fine for a while charging my battery from one blinking LED to two costant and one blinking LED.
Then i noticed that the LED on the car charger had started blinking fairley rapidly. What does this mean?
The manual does not specify, and i cant locate a manual online.
2016-12-27
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
Flight distance : 7 ft
  • >>>

Hello StianGel, could you please make a short video of this issue? I'll help to check it.
2016-12-27
Use props
StianGel
Captain
Norway

DJI Mindy Posted at 2016-12-27 19:37
Hello StianGel, could you please make a short video of this issue? I'll help to check it.

I did some more testing today. With the engine running my car supply's 14.1 volts.
After a while it drops down to 12.5 volts. I could not measure the voltage with the charger plugged in.
I imagine the blinking LED means low voltage.
2016-12-30
Use props
LarryTru
lvl.4
Flight distance : 458944 ft
  • >>>
United States

StianGel Posted at 2016-12-30 11:41
https://youtu.be/gEZeU-f_4HU
I did some more testing today. With the engine running my car supply's 14.1 volts.
After a while it drops down to 12.5 volts. I could not measure the voltage with the charger plugged in.

Hello,

did we ever get a confirmation from DJI about this.  I've experienced the same thing off and on.

Larry
2017-1-28
Use props
StianGel
Captain
Norway

LarryTru Posted at 2017-1-28 14:33
Hello,

did we ever get a confirmation from DJI about this.  I've experienced the same thing off and on.

No, never heard back.
I did test the car charger connected to a half charged 4s LiPo and the charger worked fine, so i am pretty sure it is either a voltage warning, or it is turning on and off rapidly.
2017-1-28
Use props
Henry M.Y.
First Officer
Flight distance : 11548839 ft
  • >>>
Hong Kong

DJI Mindy Posted at 2016-12-27 19:37

Dear Mindy,

I hope you can relay the problem we encountered with Mavic Pro car chargers to your Support, Quality Assurance and Quality Control Departments.

I own DJI car chargers for Inspire 1, Phantom 3 and Mavic Pro.

Whilst all 3 car chargers are announced by DJI to have identical input specifications i.e. 12.3 - 16V (sedan) as well as low-voltage protections, the Mavic Pro car charger is the ONLY charger that won't charge with engine-off. The other 2 car chargers work flawlessly charging Inspire 1 and Phantom 3 batteries with engine-off down to the point of low-voltage protection kicking-in. What is the point of low-voltage protection IF the Mavic Pro car charger won't function at all with engine-off?

There must be something wrong with my Mavic Pro car charger - either it is defective or it was manufactured with erroneous specifications. Having read through forum threads, I did not notice any case of having a single Mavic Pro car charger that functions as specified with engine-off. With all the reporting cases of Mavic Pro car charger not functioning with engine-off, I am of the view that my Mavic Pro charger, and probably all Mavic Pro car chargers manufactured and released so far, were manufactured with erroneous specifications!

Hope DJI can look into the problem, and let us have a replacement of a functional Mavic Pro car charger!

Thank you in advance.

Henry
2017-2-4
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
  • >>>

StianGel Posted at 2017-1-28 16:02
No, never heard back.
I did test the car charger connected to a half charged 4s LiPo and the charger worked fine, so i am pretty sure it is either a voltage warning, or it is turning on and off rapidly.

Sorry I miss your message.
The LED blinking is probably means input voltage is abnormal.
Did you use the car charger with another adapter?
2017-2-6
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
  • >>>

Henry M.Y. Posted at 2017-2-4 03:32
Dear Mindy,

I hope you can relay the problem we encountered with Mavic Pro car chargers to your Support, Quality Assurance and Quality Control Departments.

Thank you for your feedback.
I'll help to report this to related team.
2017-2-6
Use props
Henry M.Y.
First Officer
  • >>>
Hong Kong

DJI Mindy Posted at 2017-2-6 01:19
Thank you for your feedback.
I'll help to report this to related team.

Thank you, Mindy.

Looking forward to hearing an official response from DJI Support Dept soon.

Henry
2017-2-6
Use props
Willik
Second Officer
Flight distance : 638796 ft
Czechia

Curious, I (didnt use my car charger yet) ... seems to me, I will have to try it soon and let you know... hopefully will work fine .... also hope that my Ford Focus car battery will supply more than 12,5 V without the engine on :-)
2017-2-6
Use props
Blackline
lvl.1
Flight distance : 5029167 ft
United States

i believe my car charger is having the same issues. cannot use it without car running.
2017-2-6
Use props
BossBob
lvl.1
Flight distance : 2048022 ft
United Kingdom

Blackline Posted at 2017-2-6 05:20
i believe my car charger is having the same issues. cannot use it without car running.

This has been brought up before. The Mavic car charger need 13v input before it works and that is one reason that I went for the drone only package along with some accessories.
2017-2-6
Use props
Henry M.Y.
First Officer
  • >>>
Hong Kong

Willik Posted at 2017-2-6 05:12
Curious, I (didnt use my car charger yet) ... seems to me, I will have to try it soon and let you know... hopefully will work fine .... also hope that my Ford Focus car battery will supply more than 12,5 V without the engine on :-)

Even with a DC power supply of 13.8V, the Mavic Pro car charger was still not functioning at all!

See this post.

http://forum.dji.com/forum.php?m ... &fromuid=134716

Would like to know your findings on whether your Mavic Pro car charger can function or not with the engine off.

Henry
2017-2-6
Use props
fanse11314ae
lvl.1

United States

Henry M.Y. Posted at 2017-2-6 06:13
Even with a DC power supply of 13.8V, the Mavic Pro car charger was still not functioning at all!

See this post.

Same exact thing with mine. Tried 4 different inputs. Sent it back to DJI last week for a replacement.
2017-2-6
Use props
StianGel
Captain
Norway

Mine does work if i get the correct voltage, but my car's power outlet behaves strangely.
Right after startup it measures 14v, but drops to 12.5v after a while.
I wonder if the battery in my car might be bad.
Is the circuitry in the adapter only for temperature? I might be tempted to try and bypass that to see if it helps.
2017-2-6
Use props
DJI battery
DJI R&D Squad

Hong Kong

The output power of your car cigarette lighter may be abnormal. If conditions allow, try with another vehicle to check whether your car charger is malfunctioning.
2017-2-9
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules