Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
hundreds of dead pixels?
1724 4 2016-12-27
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Peterg4
lvl.1

United Kingdom

I've just taken my first night flight - wanting to test settings in preperation for the New years eve fireworks...

I took a few images - none of which focussed despite me hitting my centerfocus "C1" button or tapping the screen. the second photo attached was manually (un)focussed.
What really concerned me was that in every image, the same pattern of red, white and blue artifacts appears in each of the stills.

I see one or two red spots in darker parts of photos done on a dull day.

There are no artifacts in any 2.7k footage

The air temp is -1Celsius. the Mavic was indoors at 17Celsius immediately before the flight. is that a factor?

artifacts1

artifacts1

artficacts2

artficacts2
2016-12-27
Use props
Mad_Angler1
Second Officer
Flight distance : 2741657 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Use the DJI DNG Cleaner
2016-12-27
Use props
Peterg4
lvl.1

United Kingdom

thanks - just done that and it makes a big improvement - 90-95% of them got removed by that process, I suppose I'll have to touch up the rest myself. I'm disturbed by the sheer quantity of artifacts in the images I posted. There's also some horrible purple solarisation (if I understand that term correctly) and I don't know what to do about that.
2016-12-27
Use props
ferventjan
New

Indonesia

I'm having the same problem as well, and the amount of the dead pixel is horrifying! Is this the sensor fault or the firmware one?

https://onedrive.live.com/?cid=F ... 9F3!184&o=OneUp
2017-3-8
Use props
daivatam
lvl.3
Flight distance : 473389 ft
Romania

yep before cleaning you rely freak out by the amount of hot pixels
2017-3-9
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now