Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
battery not charging, No lights
55139 16 2016-12-27
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
fans19454176
lvl.2
Flight distance : 62 ft
United States

decided to take out the drone after about 1 year. pluged in the charger and battery. But I dont get any lights at all on the battery. I have the green light on the power supply.. its been pluged in for 15 mins now.

its only been used a few time about 1 yr ago.
is there any hope of it ever taking a charge again?

2016-12-27
Use props
Gil
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1379308 ft
United States

I hope it wasn't fully charged at the start of that year in storage.  If so the cells may had degraded to the point of not being usable.  When the battery is unplugged do you get any lights at all when you push the button momentarily?  If so, turn the battery on and then plug it into the charger.
2016-12-27
Use props
fans19454176
lvl.2
United States

No lights at all. also no heat from the battery or charger.

I am pretty sure I wouldnt have stored it with a full battery. I vaguely remeber discharging the battery.
but things dont look good as I understand them.
how long should it be plugged in before I give up on the battery?

interesting to note that the remote had 75 percent charge left in it.
range extender still charging...yellow light.
2016-12-27
Use props
DJI-Jamie
DJI team
Flight distance : 112405 ft
United States

fans19454176 Posted at 2016-12-28 09:20
No lights at all. also no heat from the battery or charger.

I am pretty sure I wouldnt have stored it with a full battery. I vaguely remeber discharging the battery.

If you don't notice any swelling, you should try leaving it on the charger for a few hours. Phantom 2 batteries do not have the same quality of hibernation mode as the newer batteries. If the unit has not been turned on in a year, they could have atrophied, sort of speak, from non use.
2016-12-27
Use props
fans19454176
lvl.2
United States

I thought I would upgrade to a phantom 4. but I must say this battery incident is making re think everything.

I am not quite sure why these rechargeable batteries exhibit such different behavior from any other rechargeable battery I used in my 53 years.

considering their price tag. it is unacceptable to be completely unusable after only a few charged a year ago. I might expect  a charge of less than 100 percent or to discharge quickly. But not to even respond to the charger? not sure I want to spend more money on a newer drone with a more expensive battery after this.
2016-12-28
Use props
fans19454176
lvl.2
United States

I need to understand things before I can move forward,
I understand not to store the battery fully charged.

I believe I had discharged the battery before being stored.

So I can assume what happened is the battery discharged completely. remained in this state too long? (would like to define too long).

to prevent this from happening again. I would need to take it out every *undetermined amount of time* just to charge it enough to prevent the battery from reaching zero, say 25 percent???????????????
this wont negatively effect the battery??

2016-12-29
Use props
Harbourside
Second Officer
Flight distance : 6467 ft
United Kingdom

Battery storage is explained in the manual.
bat.jpg
2016-12-29
Use props
fans19454176
lvl.2
United States

Harbourside Posted at 2016-12-29 06:51
Battery storage is explained in the manual.

thanks for that info.

so what I did wrong was not drain and recharge the battery every 3 months.

can you clarify for me that last line in step 3 (all those parenthesis and dashes are confusing....

after storing for 3 months at 40-50 percent drain and recharge to 40-50

then after next 3 months drain and recharge to  0-100 percent

then next 3 months drain and recharge back to  to 40-50 percent

never store at 0 percent?
2016-12-29
Use props
Harbourside
Second Officer
Flight distance : 6467 ft
United Kingdom

What it means is,
You store your battery at 50% for 3 months, then discharge it, charge it to 100%, then discharge to 50% before storing for another 3 months.

For me I have 3 2014 batteries that have the auto discharge firmware update, so I just fully charge them and then leave them to auto discharge while back in my flight case.

I don't think you need to follow the instructions exactly, but leaving a high power battery for a year without cycling looks like a bad move.  
2016-12-29
Use props
fans19454176
lvl.2
United States

Harbourside Posted at 2016-12-29 16:56
What it means is,
You store your battery at 50% for 3 months, then discharge it, charge it to 100%, then discharge to 50% before storing for another 3 months.

thank you for clarifying this for me.
I believe I had discharged it before  storage but thought it would take a chare after that.

Since I dont have alot of free time to actually fly as mush as I would like. I think I will just take it out and run it w/o props to keep the battery conditioned.

I thought I read about a battery discharger some where. may look into that.

2016-12-29
Use props
Maykel Jimenez
New

United States

fans19454176 Posted at 2016-12-28 05:34
I thought I would upgrade to a phantom 4. but I must say this battery incident is making re think everything.

I am not quite sure why these rechargeable batteries exhibit such different behavior from any other rechargeable battery I used in my 53 years.

Same here. Battery is not charging. Just unboxed my phantom 4 advanced and battery just turns green then goes off again. When I plug it to charge, it won't charge. I am very disappointed.
2019-1-24
Use props
Mark The Droner
Second Officer
Flight distance : 2917 ft
United States

Maykel Jimenez Posted at 1-24 19:05
Same here. Battery is not charging. Just unboxed my phantom 4 advanced and battery just turns green then goes off again. When I plug it to charge, it won't charge. I am very disappointed.

Try turning the battery on while it's plugged into the charger.  See if you get a flashing green first lamp after several seconds.  If you do, it's charging.  

If that doesn't work, you can hope it's in hibernation mode.  Unplug from charger, push button once, set it down and wait more than five mins and don't touch it, after 5 mins plug back into charger and just leave it alone for a while and hope for the best.  It may begin charging after a while when you see a green lamp flashing.  Try to be patient.  

Good luck
2019-1-25
Use props
djiuser_nL1dHfIIZljJ
New

United Kingdom

Mark The Droner Posted at 1-25 04:13
Try turning the battery on while it's plugged into the charger.  See if you get a flashing green first lamp after several seconds.  If you do, it's charging.  

If that doesn't work, you can hope it's in hibernation mode.  Unplug from charger, push button once, set it down and wait more than five mins and don't touch it, after 5 mins plug back into charger and just leave it alone for a while and hope for the best.  It may begin charging after a while when you see a green lamp flashing.  Try to be patient.  

Hi I have the same problem an wanted to know what happens after the green light flashes because I followed your steps and a green light flashed but then nothing happened I haven't touched but does it keep on flashing normally from there or is it supposed to be like this just flash and stop
2019-7-13
Use props
Mark The Droner
Second Officer
Flight distance : 2917 ft
United States

djiuser_nL1dHfIIZljJ Posted at 7-13 01:45
Hi I have the same problem an wanted to know what happens after the green light flashes because I followed your steps and a green light flashed but then nothing happened I haven't touched but does it keep on flashing normally from there or is it supposed to be like this just flash and stop

The last time I did this, it did as you described and I figured the battery was a goner, but then after a few minutes, the battery's first lamp began to flash!  It eventually fully charged and now works fine.

If yours doesn't do this, you might look on youtube and explore ways to wake up the battery by taking off the top and resetting it.  I've never done that.  

Good luck
2019-7-13
Use props
Desi Drone
New

India

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i2gBgztwCws&ab_channel=DesiDrone
2022-12-14
Use props
bilal09
New

Pakistan

Troubleshooting a Mavic Pro battery displaying no charging lights requires a patient and systematic approach. By understanding the drone’s battery intricacies, examining potential issues, and following step-by-step troubleshooting procedures, users can often identify and resolve the problem.
1-22 04:16
Use props
bilal09
New

Pakistan

Troubleshooting a Mavic Pro battery displaying no charging lights requires a patient and systematic approach. By understanding the drone’s battery intricacies, examining potential issues, and following step-by-step troubleshooting procedures, users can often identify and resolve the problem.
For More Details visit, fixissuenow.com
1-22 04:18
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules