Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
Camera keeps turning after P4P rotation
1872 14 2016-12-27
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
trance728-
First Officer
Flight distance : 298048 ft
  • >>>
United States

I was just playing with my P4P+ inside testing some camera settings, not flying it. I noticed that when I rotated it and set it back down the camera would keep slowly turning that direction for about 10 seconds until finally stopping in the center I believe.  

Is this some setting I have on or something I tweaked? Or is there some other reason for this?
2016-12-27
Use props
DJI Natalia
Administrator
Flight distance : 318 ft

Would you please record a video showing that? We'll help you check it.
2016-12-28
Use props
vidwiz
United States

look for setting called something like "gimbal follows turns"
2016-12-29
Use props
trance728-
First Officer
  • >>>
United States

DJI Natalia Posted at 2016-12-28 01:05

I'm currently traveling so I will get a video up once I get settled.
2016-12-29
Use props
epicjib
First Officer
Flight distance : 3016060 ft
  • >>>
Canada

I observed the same issues with my unit. My P4 does not do this.
2016-12-29
Use props
DJI Natalia
Administrator
Flight distance : 318 ft

epicjib Posted at 2016-12-29 20:08
I observed the same issues with my unit. My P4 does not do this.

Could you please upload a small video showing that if convenient, we'll help you check it, thanks.
2016-12-30
Use props
trance728-
First Officer
  • >>>
United States

DJI Natalia Posted at 2016-12-28 01:05

Here is the video showing what I mean. I played with all of the gimbal settings and none of them seemed to have any affect on this. One video is what the Phantom sees the other is my cell phone recording what it looks like and what I was doing. If you watch the edges of the video it's obvious and it happens in both directions. More accurately it looks like it's taking about 4 seconds to stop.  I don't see this as big of a problem for video but if I want to take a photo and the camera is moving slowly I won't get a clean shot.

2016-12-30
Use props
trance728-
First Officer
  • >>>
United States

DJI Natalia, have you seen these yet?
2017-1-1
Use props
BIGDZ
Captain
Flight distance : 10255860 ft
  • >>>
United States

trance728- Posted at 2017-1-1 08:23
DJI Natalia, have you seen these yet?

looks like you just need to disable the "enable synchronized gimbal pan follow." It can be located in the Advanced gimbal settings on the Go App 4. This will stop that drift when panning
2017-1-1
Use props
trance728-
First Officer
  • >>>
United States

BIGDZ Posted at 2017-1-1 08:42
looks like you just need to disable the "enable synchronized gimbal pan follow." It can be located in the Advanced gimbal settings on the Go App 4. This will stop that drift when panning

That has no effect on this, I messed with every gimbal setting I could find and there was no change.
2017-1-1
Use props
trance728-
First Officer
  • >>>
United States

So I just powered up my Mavic and it does the same thing. I guess this is just how they are? Does anyone else notice this happening?
2017-1-1
Use props
Geebax
Captain
Australia

It seems to me that effect is exactly what you want the gimbal to do, that is slowly move into the final position to smooth out the rotation of the aircraft.
2017-1-1
Use props
trance728-
First Officer
  • >>>
United States

Geebax Posted at 2017-1-1 17:24
It seems to me that effect is exactly what you want the gimbal to do, that is slowly move into the final position to smooth out the rotation of the aircraft.

In a sense yes, I will just have to wait a few seconds before taking a photo I suppose. For video I believe it's something very usable, just wish it could be switched off when you're in photo mode.
2017-1-1
Use props
Geebax
Captain
Australia

trance728- Posted at 2017-1-1 17:39
In a sense yes, I will just have to wait a few seconds before taking a photo I suppose. For video I believe it's something very usable, just wish it could be switched off when you're in photo mode.

Does it affecxt the stability of the image when you rotate the aircraft in the air? It would be interesting to hover it at about head height and see what it does.
2017-1-1
Use props
trance728-
First Officer
  • >>>
United States

Geebax Posted at 2017-1-1 17:49
Does it affecxt the stability of the image when you rotate the aircraft in the air? It would be interesting to hover it at about head height and see what it does.

It's been raining here lately so I haven't had a lot of flight time with her yet, I will try to check that soon. It might just be a symptom of how it reacts while not in the air and could be less drastic in the air, I've been playing mostly with the camera inside because of the rain. I know for daylight photos it wouldn't be a concern but I would like to occasionally get some low light shots which will require a slower shutter speed.
2017-1-1
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules