Flight simulator
1360 3 2016-12-28
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
JasonMBryant
lvl.3

United States

The flight simulator could be a great way to practice. It has a lot of potential for practicing safely. However, it really doesn't have enough to do.

One thing that would massively help is to put more stuff in the simulated environment. Just a simple tower to fly around and some hills to go up would be extremely useful. It's hard to practice POI mode when there is no point that is interesting. It doesn't even have to look good. Throw in a few geometric objects and we'll get a ton more use out of the simulator.

The DJI Go 4 version of the simulator lets us change perspectives. Great! We can actually see what the drone sees! The only problem is, there's no gimbal movement. So we can't really see what the drone sees. That's limiting.

Another great addition would be if portrait mode worked in the simulator. This wouldn't be useful for my tiny iPhone SE, but it would be extremely useful with my tablet. Then they could add one more feature that would make the simulator much closer to reality. They could have the regular interface on top with the drone's point of view. Then on the bottom of the screen it could render the point of view of the pilot looking up at the drone. That would be much more like the normal experience of having to switch between looking at the screen and looking at the drone.

These quick additions would make the simulator massively more useful. Come on, it's freezing outside, give us another way to play with the drones!
2016-12-28
Use props
MarcusPolus
lvl.2
United States

good ideas, I also think the simulator should be avail to download even before you get the MAVIC
2016-12-28
Use props
fans593fc987
lvl.4
Flight distance : 508255 ft
  • >>>
United States

My Inspire had and the DJI Go has a SIM .... can the MAVIC have access to the same SIM?
2017-1-15
Use props
MikeQView
lvl.4
United Kingdom

Sadly the simulator as it stands is linked with the drone ???  so to use the simulator you must have all of your equipment up and runing with the props off,   Why.. on.. earth.. !   surely a usb hook up between your controller and a PC would be perfect.  the simulator should be part of the assistant 2 not the drone itself ???   then as the OP suggested a ground view as the main view looking up at the drone then a small square bottom middle to represent GO4 or GO3 app cam view,   who the hell thinks this stuff out for DJI ! ! !   sorry !  doesnt think this stuff out at all.
2017-1-15
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules