Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
Loss of Signal Poll
9149 63 2016-12-28
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Busboynz 7
lvl.1
Flight distance : 59186 ft
New Zealand

Why dose my phone connect then disconnect so often from the controller? (Using Samsung s7 edge) use to be fine before the upgrade.
FRUSTRATED
2017-3-1
Use props
Mari
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1308780 ft
Netherlands

Firmware update Mavic or Phone? Which version of Android?
2017-5-20
Use props
UCBarkeeper
lvl.3
Flight distance : 616982 ft
Switzerland

you really should specify in this poll, what signal.
2017-5-20
Use props
Xman1
lvl.4

United States

Blade Breaker 0 Posted at 2016-12-28 20:56
Voted no lost signal IOS but also flown Android for a while and had no issues with lost signal either. Couldn't vote both.

I've had an interference warning, but never a loss of signal.
2017-5-20
Use props
I am the E
lvl.4
  • >>>
Germany

IOS, IP6S+ No signal loss...Yet!
2017-5-24
Use props
ImHereToCrash
Second Officer
Flight distance : 5381368 ft
  • >>>
United States

i have not had full on full signal loss, but i managed to get a few 1/4 second blips here and there over a mile + away.    also manage to get crashes in my apps..

android.  7.0.1, Samsung S8
2017-8-27
Use props
ImHereToCrash
Second Officer
  • >>>
United States

had app 3 crashes and 1 complete signal loss today and that signal loss was exact time my app crashed.... just recently while i was out showing it off to a neighbor that just got back in town.

so like an hour or so ago:  my mavic was over a mile out.. over a field and the app was flickering black, atleast i thought it was my phone screen dying or something.. then the app crashed out and my controller started slow beep and "connecting..." on display.. only a mile and i had full bars before that crash... i wasn't too worried because i know it should RTH and nothing for it to hit if it comes right back to me.. doesn't over or undershoot anything massively..  i got app back up and running but said "aircraft disconnected" the RC still on slow beep, heard no buzzing couldn't see it i had that feeling in my gut maybe my mavic fell out of the sky from sudden death or something.. so after 5 minutes of waiting i basically decided it must have died or something and i put my controller out on my bench..walked away to go get readied up to go into the field and do a hunt..  came back outside and it was right there where it took off, RC connected and app crashed again and was on my lockscreen of my S8..  

i never felt such a rush of relief in such a long time..  but ya, something is not playing right with my setup.. works fine with iOS..but with my S8, something falls apart..
2017-8-28
Use props
$gambino$
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1563980 ft
United States

Yep on .1000 i kept getting those crashes on my s8 rolled vack to .700 and maybe 2 times out of 20 flights I've had the app just shut down go to home screen and then start right back up but I didn't have that aircraft disconnected basically there was no way back into it I would unplug replug and I was still saying connected on the remote.....so i would just hit rth on remote.....700 has been alot better.
2017-8-28
Use props
ImHereToCrash
Second Officer
  • >>>
United States

$gambino$ Posted at 2017-8-28 18:29
Yep on .1000 i kept getting those crashes on my s8 rolled vack to .700 and maybe 2 times out of 20 flights I've had the app just shut down go to home screen and then start right back up but I didn't have that aircraft disconnected basically there was no way back into it I would unplug replug and I was still saying connected on the remote.....so i would just hit rth on remote.....700 has been alot better.

ya its pretty bad.  scares me more then my cracked prop. when it crashes..  also same with me having to close app out of memory,  having to unplug wait a second then replug it in and let it relaunch because if i just relaunch the app it just crashes again or it doesn't show any relevant info..   i'm forced to wait or use S8 until i have the money to buy iPad mini 2 atleast again...  my friend offered me her iPhone 5S but the screen just too small to comfortably use..  but idk i may reconsider it..      my GF did offer me her iPad Pro to use but i mean come on, effing huge and i dont have a proper mount for it..   
2017-8-28
Use props
chalde
lvl.4
Flight distance : 668314 ft
  • >>>
United States

Never lost signal while using my S6 or Tab A tablet. Both are still on Marshmallow OS and DJI Go has not been updated since the version including "registration",
2017-8-30
Use props
digitalintruder
lvl.4
Flight distance : 3652379 ft
United States

When i switched from a phone to an ipad, I haven't had any lost signals -- works rock solid.
2017-10-7
Use props
ro_flyer
Second Officer
Flight distance : 7557283 ft
Brazil

I think losing signal is not related to the OS at all... it's related to obstacles, interference, antenna position, distance, etc... I use iOS and it's very consistent in stability. But this poll is not a reliable tool for choosing wich device to get (regarding signal stability)... It only reflects user's OS preference...
2017-10-7
Use props
chiplifter
lvl.4
Flight distance : 745180 ft
Netherlands

I voted 1, Android, however I never lost signal between RC and AC. Only recently two times -on different locations- I got a "lost signal" message on my android phone. Phone became unresponsive even after powering down the phone. RC and AC (and goggles too) where fully functional.
Powering down and up either AC or RC (after landing) restored the phone connection, but that is something I would not try during flight.
2018-3-26
Use props
Brad Bilger
lvl.4
Flight distance : 14843274 ft

Gary Mac Posted at 2016-12-28 21:22
My reply has one cavyet:  I have never lost CONTROL signal between the Mavic and the RC.  I HAVE lost video and had to restart the app a few times.  Nothing recently, but it has happened in the past.  In ALL cases, I still had control of the Mavic and was able to fly it and/or use the RTH button on the controller to bring it back without incident.

Agreed.  Lost Video Yes.  Lost control No.  Android.  All my "Loss of Signal" has been strictly feed to the App.  ALWAYS solved by replacing the USB cable.  Loss of Control, never.  
2018-3-26
Use props
dbparti024
lvl.4
Flight distance : 3343 ft

United States

Never had a problem, have had problems with video lag
2018-9-5
Use props
Picanoc Jack
Second Officer
Flight distance : 10318117 ft
Canada

Ejder Bingül Posted at 2017-1-22 23:33
Hi All,

Yesterday i had serious problem with my DJI MAVIC PRO. As i am new on Forum, i can't open a new topic regarding this issue and that's why i am writing here. I had almost 7 or 8 satellite connections during flight and after climbing 90 meters altitude it suddenly lost all satellites and change it to ATTI mode. I tried all possible joystick commands one by one to bring aircaft back, (up,down, rudder left-right, right left, backwards, pause button, etc.) but none of them worked.I couldn't send any commands to device and instead of hovering my Mavic started to go right slowly and after 5-6 meters going to right it crashed wall and fell into ground. Now, every componenet of Mavic has been totally damaged (after free fall from 90 meters) and un-usable. Pls advice what to do. That was not my fault and i am %100 sure that there is a big software bug that has to be re-considered with my device. I am not a new drone pilot, i have been using drones more that 3 years and i really got shocked after this accident.

sorry about your loss hope DJI will make it right.
2018-9-5
Use props
rawright54
lvl.4
United States

I lost signal first time out, at about 400 feet, wide open flat desert. Samsung S8+ was the controller, and the AC was freshly updated. That was about a year ago, and I haven't had a chance to try it since.  Fortunately the AC more or less held position until I could hike up to it and lower it once I re-acquired a signal. No excuse for it, and no helpful messages; just scary lack of control. Someday I'll try it again, but for now it sits in a box gathering dust.
2018-9-12
Use props
*DM*
lvl.4
Flight distance : 507087 ft
United Kingdom

Why would the operating system have any effect on reception or resulting signal loss?
2019-4-2
Use props
hyper1
lvl.2
Flight distance : 85394 ft
United States

I never lost signal until the mavic 2 was released. Now it happens more often. Don't know why? I have a Mavic pro platinum.
2019-6-11
Use props
jpap
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1780679 ft
Greece

deleted, sorry for that
2019-6-12
Use props
jpap
lvl.4
Greece

Mavic Air, Mavic Pro 1 and Mavic 2 have different systems. I find your study very interesting, but not well performed because of mixing different systems.
Furthermore, you do not specify distance. For example if I fly 4-5 Km in Europe on a Mavic Pro, then I may lose signal but wouldn't that be expected due to its the technical limits?

2019-6-12
Use props
jpap
lvl.4
Greece

hyper1 Posted at 6-11 12:15
I never lost signal until the mavic 2 was released. Now it happens more often. Don't know why? I have a Mavic pro platinum.

I have to agree with you! It is much more sensitive to obstacles and interference although DJI claimed the opposite.
2019-6-12
Use props
rbtmckny
lvl.4
Flight distance : 8001404 ft

I have not lost signal with my Smart Controller (Android OS) and M2Z, but did lose signal with my Mavic Pro and Apple 7Plus (IOS).
2019-10-2
Use props
slo007
lvl.1
Flight distance : 41030 ft
Ireland

CuaC Posted at 2017-2-5 11:00
Signal between RC and Aircraft or RC and app? If it´s the last make sure to try your OWN usb/lightning cable attached to the bottom (and removing the one on the side) some stock cables have proved to be faulty. If it´s the first... well... what do you mean by signal lost?

I had to restart my phone (Android on Galaxy S7) 5-6 times yesterday until the R/C finally found the aircraft. Then it worked fine for 2 batteries.

Very interesting about the stock cable being a possible issue. I'll have to try another cable.
2020-3-4
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules