Czechia

App: updated to latest - DJI GO 4
Phone: Nexis 5 and Nexis5x
RC Firm ware updated to latest
AC: Firmware updated to latest

RC linked
Aircraft is colibrated

Hi,

Maybe someone may be able to assist me. My P4P is unable to fly more than 800m until i recieve the message ''Weak image transmission signal'' followed by a complete image and signal loss, the AC then activates a RTH.

I am in open fields, no obstructions, a direct line of sight at around 50 meters altitude.  There are no anthenias or high powered voltage lines nearby, just open fields, and some trees (not blockinh view). I really dont know why the signal only lasts 800 meters when it has a range of 7k.

Also, my aircraft loses height, drops height, not maintaining it position and flys slightly sideowrds. Its freally odd. Its my first time with a drone so i'm sure its something i'm doing wrong as opposed to the AC.

All help is apreciated.
thanks

2016-12-28
Use props
Ange1walk
lvl.3
Flight distance : 30305 ft
Austria

Hi, since you are in the Czech Rebulic (Europe) you probably have the 5.8 Ghz Issues, just like every European, because the EU Politicians need some work to do ( because what else do they do right? ) and think limiting EIRP is a good idea.

Go into Settings in the Go 4 APP, (the three dots in the upper right corner)

Choose "HD" on the left side and Tap 2.4 Ghz and viola, you are good to go

Important: Obviously your P4PRO needs to be powered on, just do it when you are flying. On the main Screen, it will say 2.4G when you look at the HD Signal.
2016-12-28
Use props
fansea0638f5
lvl.1
Czechia

Ange1walk Posted at 2016-12-28 17:31
Hi, since you are in the Czech Rebulic (Europe) you probably have the 5.8 Ghz Issues, just like every European, because the EU Politicians need some work to do ( because what else do they do right?  ) and think limiting EIRP is a good idea.

Go into Settings in the Go 4 APP, (the three dots in the upper right corner)

Thank you Ange1walk, I will make the changes and try it out on Friday, Ill update you here once its done. Thanks for your help.
2016-12-28
Use props
Alexdroner
lvl.2

United Kingdom

50 meters is too low, try 100meter you will definitely get over 1km
2016-12-29
Use props
Alexdroner
lvl.2

United Kingdom

When you got sudden weak and following by a total disconnect it is most like the drone is not with in line of sight, and blocked by some tree or structure.
2016-12-29
Use props
beat.themartis
lvl.4
Flight distance : 3156145 ft
  • >>>
United States

Alexdroner Posted at 2016-12-29 08:13
50 meters is too low, try 100meter you will definitely get over 1km

If that is what you can expect -- totally dismal. Massive step backwards....
2016-12-29
Use props
Alexdroner
lvl.2

United Kingdom

beat.themartis Posted at 2016-12-29 08:16

He can easily get much more range by raising altuide, at 50 altitude   range is actually very good, it is no step back, it is the nature of radio frequency. It cannot penatrate most things.
2016-12-29
Use props
Snowwolfwarrior
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1064780 ft
United Kingdom

Same happened to me, stick to 2.4 and has no signal worries, not been an issue since
2016-12-29
Use props
Labroides
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 9991457 ft
  • >>>
Australia

beat.themartis Posted at 2016-12-29 08:16

But it's not what you can expect if you use 2.4 so it's not a massive step backwards at all.
2016-12-29
Use props
Alexdroner
lvl.2

United Kingdom

Ok with stock antenna no range extender in CE country with 5.8ghz I have got 3.3km at 120m altitude.  I selected custom and turned the video quaility to the lowest.(NOT even open field) but with every structure or tree at relatively low height。
2016-12-29
Use props
Alexdroner
lvl.2

United Kingdom

How you position the antenna does affect a lot to, with 5.8ghz you should put it like 90degree and 45 degree for 2.4ghz. Reference https://forum.dji.com/thread-75947-1-1.html

Found DJI Natalia comment. That really help the range.
2016-12-29
Use props
fansea0638f5
lvl.1
Czechia

Hi folks, a quick update. I have contacted DJI and they have recommended that I send the AC back for replacement. When the AC was delivered a plastic clip was hanging off the landing gear exposing the wire and chip inside. The Antenna is located in the landing gear, and its believed that this has caused the 5.8Ghz issue. Also, I'm unable to go beyond 800m on the other frequency. When I connect the aircraft to the RC, and now new iPad Air 2, it does not connect to the 5.8Ghz frequency. The2.4Ghz  frequency shows thats its collecting and receiving packets as indicated by the bar graph and signal activity, however, when I switch to 5.8Ghz there is no activity in the bar graph. The 5.8Ghz frequency is allowed in many countries in Europe, however, since i'm an expat in Prague, Czech Republic I will contact the local Authority and update you here about Czech Laws in relation to the 5.8Ghz frequency.

Thnaks for all your support
2017-1-13
Use props
fansea0638f5
lvl.1
Czechia

Hi everyone, thanks for all your suggestions. The drone was sent back to DJI in Germany for review. It's believed that the antenna was already damaged before I got the drone, as a plactic clip was hanging off the landing gear where the antennas are located. This has yet to be confirmed by DJI.  Also, 5.8Ghz is allowed under Czech Law, I contacted the Czech avaition authority and they send me the following info about the use of frequencies, and some other questions.

----See there response below----

Dear Sir,

Concerning your e-mail request dated 13 January 2017, ref. number 000506-17-701, I would like to inform you, that the use of 5,8 GHz frequency, as standard functionality of DJI Phantom 4 PRO unmanned aircraft, is possible in the Czech Republic.

Generally, there are currently two following possibilities of unmanned aircraft operation over the territory of the Czech Republic:

a) Recreational and Sport Flying - use of an aircraft for own purposes or purposes of other persons, aimed at recreation, personal transport or sport on a nonprofit basis. Assuming that:

-   the Maximum Take-Off Mass of an aircraft is less than 20 kg; and

-   the aircraft use does not fall under b) below; and

-   the aircraft operation is fully in line with the requirements of the applicable Czech Regulation L 2, Rules of the Air, Attachment X,

it is not necessary to apply for the Unmanned Aircraft Special Authorization by the Civil Aviation Authority of the Czech Republic (hereinafter referred to as “CAA-CZ”).

The English version of the abovementioned Regulation L 2, Rules of the Air, Attachment X is available for viewing on the following website http://jarus-rpas.org/sites/jarus-rpas.org/files/czech_uas_regulatory_framework_en.pdf.

b) Aerial Work and/or Corporate Flights - aviation activities during which the operator uses the aircraft for working activities for remuneration and/or flights through which a legal or natural person procures business.

In this case it is necessary to obtain the necessary Unmanned Aircraft Special Authorization issued by the CAA-CZ by following the procedure shown in the flow chart available on the website http://www.caa.cz/letadla-bez-pilota-na-palube. The forms and associated guidance for the first step of the process is available on the website http://www.caa.cz/letadla-bez-pilota-na-palube/povoleni-k-letani-bezpilotniho-letadla-zadost-o-vydani. Administrative proceedings are conducted in the Czech language.

Please be also aware, that for all unmanned aircraft, regardless of the purpose of use (Recreational and Sport Flying/Aerial Work/Corporate Flights), the rules of the air apply, laid down by the aviation rules, especially by the Attachment X of the applicable Czech Regulation L 2, Rules of the Air (available for viewing on the website http://lis.rlp.cz/predpisy/predpisy/index.htm in the Czech language only; English version is currently available on the website http://jarus-rpas.org/sites/jarus-rpas.org/files/czech_uas_regulatory_framework_en.pdf).

I would like to draw you attention especially to the requirement to observe a safe distance during flight from a congested area (significantly limiting the possibility to operate an aircraft in a city), from people, vehicles and construction, from airports and from other air traffic.  The safe distance, if not specifically stated by the rules of the air, means such a horizontal distance which ensures that even under emergency conditions no threat is posed to the safety of air navigation, persons and property on the ground and to the environment.

Operation within restricted/prohibited zones is generally prohibited. The zones can be seen on the following website: http://aisview.rlp.cz/.

In case the intended operation cannot be realized in accordance with the standard operating limitations laid down in Attachment X of the applicable Czech Regulation L 2, Rules of the Air, and the regulation admits the possibility of exemption (usually to allow the operation in the congested area), it is necessary to obtain the necessary Unmanned Aircraft Special Authorization issued by the CAA-CZ.

Note: Please be aware that by committing an offence against the Act No 49/1997 Coll., on civil aviation and amending Act No 455/1991 Coll., on trade licensing (Trade Licensing Act) as amended, as amended  (Air law) you may be facing a penalty from 50 000 up to 5 000 000 CZK if processed in an administrative proceeding

2017-2-16
Use props
SPIKE_151
lvl.4
Flight distance : 69767 ft
United States

Suspect at this altitude you are getting signal scatter from the ground.
2017-2-17
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules