Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
Upset
1585 16 2015-2-13
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
mtnred.gmail
Second Officer
Flight distance : 91811 ft
  • >>>
United States

She was flying great ,no problems .Then I did the upgrade .Now I can not connect .The whole App in not talking with the Inspire .I can start the motors but would not fly .Tried support, gave up after waiting for 1 hour .Tried a few times .I am sitting on $3k of junk although they did send me my prop locks !!! Nice if I could take off .It seems I have to clear everything and start from scratch .I wish I had the time to do that .Meanwhile my vision 2+ is just amazing and have never had a problem .

2015-2-13
Use props
Bkackman
lvl.4
Flight distance : 3445020 ft
United States

Sorry to hear that. I know this isn't your problem, but I did it once. Are you sure your USB cable is connected? I spent about 30 minutes last week trying to figure out the same issue and then (knock my head) I realized that my iPad Air 2 was even connected to the controller.

I'm sure your problem is more sophisticated, but I had to mention my bonehead error (couldn't see the forest for the trees).

Hope you resolve it.
2015-2-13
Use props
Captain Obvious
Second Officer

Australia

Someone here is bound to be able too sought it out...Bright side it's not smashed in a heap because it was flying and lost signal

Thank God they have not Eff'ed up the Android APP
2015-2-13
Use props
mtnred.gmail
Second Officer
  • >>>
United States

The upgrade was strange it took for ever .Never got the signal it was done .Tried again and it said I was up to date .Tried several times same answer that I was up to date .
2015-2-13
Use props
mtnred.gmail
Second Officer
  • >>>
United States

svencool Posted at 2015-2-14 09:48
Personally I don't see anything wrong with the ISO App!!!!!!!!! Just being Fair! As I have over 37 f ...

Mike that was not cool .I had done about 30 flights before the upgrade .I have done over 200 on my vision + . I have crashed twice when I first started and not again . I admit I am not a programmer but I do know how to do an upgrade .I am just looking for help as I thought this is what this board does .
2015-2-13
Use props
armyturtle
lvl.1

United States

I agree. Firmware upgrade process is crap. I just upgraded to 1.0.2.16 (on Android) and I too got no confirmation the upgrade was complete. It just sat there for well over an hour & 1/2 beeping all the same as when I started the upgrade. I didn't want to turn it off in the middle of it doing it's thing - but finally I did. When I turned it back on the dumb thing told me it was on the most recent firmware. I did the controller next.

Unfortunately now it won't let me even start the motors. I get some message about "MC Settings" ---> "Unlock Motors" before restarting motors.
Auto-take off & Manual start are the same message. Weekend flying shot because DJI decided to shut down in the middle of the damn business day today.
2015-2-13
Use props
Chris Con
Second Officer
Flight distance : 501175 ft
United States

mtnred-- You don't happen to live close to any airports do you ?  It could be possible that 1.01 added additional airports like the previous phantom update did.
2015-2-13
Use props
mtnred.gmail
Second Officer
  • >>>
United States

Chris Con Posted at 2015-2-14 12:43
mtnred-- You don't happen to live close to any airports do you ?  It could be possible that 1.01 add ...

Nearest airport is over 10 miles but that is something to look at .Thanks.
2015-2-14
Use props
mtnred.gmail
Second Officer
  • >>>
United States

armyturtle Posted at 2015-2-14 10:19
I agree. Firmware upgrade process is crap. I just upgraded to 1.0.2.16 (on Android) and I too got no ...

That is what happened to me. I can start the engines .
2015-2-14
Use props
armyturtle
lvl.1

United States

mtnred.gmail Posted at 2015-2-15 00:00
That is what happened to me. I can start the engines .

I'm confused. This happened to you, but you said, "I CAN start the engines."  Did you mean to say you can't?
2015-2-14
Use props
mtnred.gmail
Second Officer
  • >>>
United States

armyturtle Posted at 2015-2-15 00:58
I'm confused. This happened to you, but you said, "I CAN start the engines."  Did you mean to say  ...

You were right there was a problem with the cable .Used a new one and had a amazing  flights.Went through 2 battery's and not a single problem .Wow ! what a great time .Thanks for your help and input . Hope I can help u one day .
2015-2-14
Use props
mtnred.gmail
Second Officer
  • >>>
United States

mtnred.gmail Posted at 2015-2-15 08:47
You were right there was a problem with the cable .Used a new one and had a amazing  flights.Went  ...

Yes I have always been able to start the engines .
2015-2-14
Use props
mtnred.gmail
Second Officer
  • >>>
United States

Bkackman Posted at 2015-2-14 09:37
Sorry to hear that. I know this isn't your problem, but I did it once. Are you sure your USB cable i ...

Just wanted to say thank you as it was a cable issue and you gave me the idea to check .
2015-2-14
Use props
tonyrawlings.gm
lvl.1

United States

Just amazing how quickly people shit on DJI when things don't go their way.

Maybe sue Apple for a bad cable?

2015-2-14
Use props
maybz.earthlink
lvl.1

United States

Let's be real here, there are plenty of reasons to shit on DJI.  We can start with their temperamental firmware, lack of customer service and overall corporate arrogance,
2015-2-14
Use props
Bkackman
lvl.4
Flight distance : 3445020 ft
United States

mtnred.gmail Posted at 2015-2-15 09:02
Just wanted to say thank you as it was a cable issue and you gave me the idea to check .

That's great.

It's tough to figure out what's going on some times. It's a great copter and complex. So it's hard to tell what it's doing wrong or what we're doing wrong or the combination. We'll get better at understanding it and it'll get better with the insights and feedback of this group and DJI. I know e're going to be happy we made the investment.
2015-2-14
Use props
maybz.earthlink
lvl.1

United States

Sometimes the emperor has no clothes
2015-2-14
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules