Possible to have two different remotes linked as backup?
474 2 2016-12-28
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
OscarD
lvl.2
United States

Hello,

This is my first post on this forum and I'm also a first time owner for a Phantom product. I have a P4P+ but my remote is currently on it's way back for repair since it wasn't charging and had issues linking to the aircraft but I was wondering if it was possible to have both a remote with display and remote without a display linked to the same aircraft in case one or the other goes down? Or is it as simple as linking the different remote each time?

I'm hoping it's as easy as having them both linked and whichever is powered on can control the aircraft. If that's the case then I want to purchase a second remote without the display as a backup. Has anyone else done this?

Thanks!
Oscar
2016-12-28
Use props
RoadmasterD
lvl.1
Flight distance : 188527 ft
United States

I'm no expert but the user manual, page 41, covers linking a controller.  Page 42 says that the remote controller will un-link automatically if a new controller is linked to the same aircraft.
2016-12-28
Use props
OscarD
lvl.2
United States

I caught the part of how to link a new controller but didn't catch the part where the current one will unlink if a new one is linked. That answers my questions. Thanks!
2016-12-28
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules